River, Draft Pony

Hola, TTV Message Boards!
This here is a moc made for my girlfriend as a model of her real horse River.

Imgur
This moc has been a long time in the making and I do plan on returning to the project at some time in order to build a more robust body.

Imgur
The original

Imgur
The original intent of the model was for my girlfriend to have it and use it is basically an action figure but too many tubes slip out of place so unfortunately it’s not yet worthy. Otherwise, I am very proud of the core build and the concept that I believe I’ve engineered with these friction strengthening rubber bands.

Imgur
There is a function of this moc that I can’t very well demonstrate in picture form but it is the mechanism I had to engineer for the neck to work like a horses neck really does. Check out my flickr, video here, to see that drawbridge in action.

Imgur
Imgur
Finally the best demonstration of the articulation available to this moc, unfortunately restricted by not having a stand to hold it in such an airborne pose.

Thanks for checking out my stuff and please comment what could be done better in the future.

55 Likes

Yo this is pretty good, I like the creative use of parts.

1 Like

Pretty cool!

Soo coooool. I like how it actually looks like a horse

Low-key was worried this would be a weird MLP OC or something.

I was pleasantly surprised.

Great work!

5 Likes

Really creative moc.

Hope the red isn’t actually on the horse…

It’s really impressive that this is a completely Technic model, with good shaping and build. It’s totally recognizable. The only thing I wish to critique is the green bands on the feet, which break the color palette. However there’s not much you can do about that if you are using LEGO brand color-locked bands. Great work!

1 Like

@RaptorTalon I was consciousness of that while titling the topic but I mean, it is a draft pony so I couldn’t do much. :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks!

@Rocka99 Thanks for the critique, I for sure hope to do a better job of closing out a clean colour pallet when I return to this moc. As is, it’s kind of a mess if you can’t look past the bands and the red axles.

Edited for Double Post - Waj

2 Likes

Well done, the attention to detail is great, the poseability is even better. It’s really refreshing seeing a moc with no ccbs or even inika parts, just classic technic.

Its got a kind of Steampunk vibe to it. Awesome work dude!

What piece did you use for the hooves, I can’t quite make it out? Excellent work too btw

They’re Mata heads

1 Like

River: * neigh *

Lego river: * robotic neigh *