River Rat

Really cute build

1 Like

Thanks, was a little worried with the eyes on this little guy, still think the eyeball ball joints would have given him more character.
There’s a meme MOC war?

Glad you like the panel shaping!

That’s what I was going for, happy the body language came across well!

Thank you! Been trying to work on “cute” in MOCs lately.

3 Likes

basically some guy called monopoly posted a female bat moc, then everyone loved it and built their own ones some people did not like the mocs so they built counter-mocs (bugs and rats)
it ended with peace, but every time something bat-ish or bug-ish happens we go on high alert

3 Likes

For the record the rats have never been to war so that’s a peaceful territory

2 Likes

whoops, i ought to rephrase

2 Likes

very fun and unique!

2 Likes

I can’t believe you’d summarise the war and even mention me but not link my critically acclaimed analysis

I feel betrayed

3 Likes

i summed it up in a more concise way though

3 Likes

but zork, I’m the

my unnecessarily detailed take is also relevant

it’s here if you want it
6 Likes

A good summary… of ancient history that is.

There’s a lot more to it, a whole side untold, and a third war which happened after this summary.

6 Likes

The third war almost happened but was ultimately prevented before any fighting could take place.

That said, I should update the analysis at some point to include it.

6 Likes

didn’t ask +ratio

2 Likes

The River Rat would never start a war. He’s too kind! Look at his eyes!

2 Likes

Ah that one, thought it might have been another one. Thought it was just bats and bugs though, guess rats too?

Thanks!

He’s a sweet boy.

3 Likes

Yeah I got recruited into the bats, tried to make a bat, couldn’t figure out the head, it turned into rats instead. So I accidentally made a neutral faction. Not gonna lie, when I saw a Lego Creations topic entitled"River Rat", I got a little excited.

1 Like

Completely apart from being quoted in this topic, I was gonna come here anyway and say this is a great MOC. The face is fantastic and the stance really says “water mammal” to me for… some reason. And the colors are great too!

2 Likes

You mean eye.

This is a nice moc btw.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure the moc has 2 eyes, and the black Mata ball pieces are its eyes, and the big wheel thing is its nose.

3 Likes

Oh god I realize it now. I didnt even notice the ball joints as eyes cause they blended in so well. I thought the wheel thing was its eye.

3 Likes

Ah makes more sense now. Sorry to disappoint with the bait title haha.

Thank you, glad you like the face! I honestly was going for something less cut originally, but the face just fell together naturally as it is and I fell in love with it too much to want to change it or shelf it for a later MOC.

This is one of the things I was afraid of when I picked the black ball joints for the eyes haha. I didn’t have any eyeball print ball joints at the time, but maybe going with something like lime ones with tires around them might have helped with making them pop and be more obvious.

1 Like