Rooster Teeth's RWBY [Discussion]

Well yeah. That’s stupid.

2 Likes

That and I’ve noticed the design is a bit more “mature” for lack of a better word, than anything I would expect from the show. Which doesn’t help in how off putting it is.

to be fair she’s pare for the course for jinn

TBH, I think the first 4 episodes alone are already better than Volume 5 in it’s entirety. At least we finally get some well needed exposition.

1 Like

“Life finds a way…”
So, RWBY works by spontaneous generation?
Dust + pitchfork= man
Sugar + spice + dust = woman
Two women + two bedroom townhouse = baby
Postage stamps + canned dog food = dog
Subterranean lizard + radiation = dragon?
Makes sense.
In any case, season 6 hasn’t been frustratingly awful like 5 was.

3 Likes

Wait when did season 6 start? I havent seen anything about it. Weird, usually the episodes pop up in my recommended.

Volume 6 is only on the Rooster Teeth app and Website.

Is that forever or just a temporary thing?

Probably permanent. Though it isn’t that big a deal. The app is completely free.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: RWBY CMF Draft

RWBY Series 1.5

3 Likes

the arrow goes into the foot lol

2 Likes

HEY GUESS WHAT MOTHERS AND TRUCKERS! LOOK WHO’S BACK!

Bless her. Bless the cinnamon roll and protect that smile.

Really happy she’s finally back. I thought her reveal was going to be something a lot more tragic, maybe with her being a new Penny with no previous memories, but I’m alright with this result… though given Watts’ computer shenanigans in the intro, I’m a bit wary in case anyone tries anything against her later on. Guess there’s nothing else we can do but stay tuned in this case.

1 Like

To be honest I stopped watching after Volume 4. But after this, I have to catch up. This has given me a reason to really get back into RWBY.

Personally, my views on RWBY as a show and how it’s handled are all over the place - there’s a lot of great steps forward, a lot of bumps in the road, and a fair share of odd decisions - but overall, I still enjoy the world and its characters and want to keep following them.

Y’now, even after Volume 5.

If you can survive Volume 5, well, you’re in for a pretty swell ride in Volume 6. It has its hiccups, but I’d say it’s the best season RWBY’s had since Volume 3.

2 Likes

I agree…to a point. I actually didn’t mind Volume 5 all that much, as I really enjoyed seeing the gang back together. Volume 6 was awesome until the last third; everything with Adam and Cordovin and the Kaiju Grimm/robot totally lost me.

That dismemberment MOC is something. I may have thrown up.
Hoping Rooster Teeth does better than S5 and the end of S6 in future seasons and series.

1 Like

I’ve heard this show has jumped shark big time. Haven’t watched since Volume 5. Any thoughts?

It’s… interesting. The writing is all over the place in terms of quality. (Better than 4 and 5 for the most part though) They can’t seem to write a decent exposition, and vol. 7 has ended on a massive cliffhanger. Animation is still good.

Vol. 7’s biggest issue is that they tried to make a 2016 election allegory where the current president’s stand-in got arrested for rigging said election. The whole thing just kinda felt pointless, taking away from the story at large. Oh, and team RWBY taking the moral high-ground when they are in position to do so in any way shape or form.

Oh, and the fact that Blake and Yang have been degraded to being 2 halves of a ship, instead of being their own characters. Similar to Ren and Nora, except Ren and Nora were always this way.

It’s not all bad though. Ironwoods back and has some really good moral ambiguity, Tyrian’s back, being the laughing madman he is, and we finally get to see Watts in action.

Basically, it’s a rollercoaster as always.

1 Like