Rukah's Moc Topic!

Imma be honest and say that right now they look too narrow. I get you may be going for femininity, but… it doesn’t pull it off. I think sacrificing the desire for the narrow shoulders for the sake of helping the torso block would be worth it. If you do end up keeping the tiny shoulders, I’d suggest shortening the height of the torso, to compensate a bit.

7 Likes

yeah true.
The other female Toa, Kavrin, has the same width shoulders but bulky shoulder armor, which makes it look like she has wider shoulders when she really doesn’t. Casua doesn’t have larger shoulder armor, so that’s why it looks that way.

5 Likes

I understand why it looks how it does, that’s not what I’m saying. I’m not saying it needs to be justified; I’m saying I think it needs to be changed.

6 Likes

Yeah, that’s an issue I should work out

4 Likes

What computer do you have? The render is really high quality!

5 Likes

A MacBook Pro from 2012.

Part of the higher quality is probably due to me using this technique

5 Likes

Can reconfirm and vouch for @Senit here; I also used a Macbook Pro 2012 for any past works before February 2022, such as this entire Helryx Collab :joy: :sweat_smile: :blue_heart:

Additionally, I’ve also found a new way to reduce the ‘toy plastic gloss’, if any of y’all would like to continue with this technique.

Note that you will need Photoshop for this

Once I’ve finished making edits and everything, I merge all into a new layer(Ctrl + S h i f t + Alt + E), and put that new Layer through Effects > Stylize > Oil Paint, and adjust the sliders as I see fit until the “luminous reflection” on the model is blurred enough to like, not blind you when you view your digiMOC :joy:

Then again, you could always use the Blur tool and manually clean it up yourself, but I’m very lazy :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

oof, Im sorry

5 Likes

silence you heathen, macbook gud

5 Likes

macbook more like macbook (is bad)

5 Likes

macOS is :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

4 Likes

are you guys going to actually give me some feedback or just clutter up my topic? :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

that’s what everyone who has never used a Mac before says

4 Likes

its also what Linux users say…

3 Likes

I’ve used a MacBook before … all macOS does is look good.

2 Likes

well imo it works way better
Anyway this is off topic talk about Rukahs Mocs and stop talking about PCs

2 Likes

yeah
ok guys, how does this look?

casua5

I changed some stuff…

7 Likes

I think you’re going to have to widen the shoulders. This just doesn’t look right at all.

5 Likes

why not?

4 Likes

The torso has no real shaping at all. Yes, the front and back are covered in detail, but the sides are completely flat and featureless, which is mainly why these torsos appear brick-like, no matter how defined the rest of it is. There’s no discernible waist, which looks incredibly wrong. This, combined with shoulders as wide as her hips, makes her a proportional nightmare.

The way I see it, you’ve got two options: either widen the shoulders or properly shape the sides of the body.

I think the problem with your torsos is that you’re making them too complex. You’ve got masses of tiny, tightly packed technic parts when you’d be much better off just using some chunkier pieces. I find Vahki shins work especially well for smaller torsos, and provide adequate waist articulation.

11 Likes