Rukah's Moc Topic!

Interesting color distribution, I don’t think I’ve seen something like that before. I’m assuming it’s a Toa of plantlife?

4 Likes

He’s not a Toa, but rather a species who I haven’t named yet. The reason he’s that way is because of the staff.
wanna hear the lore?

9 Likes

this green one i like. the colour scheme is very cool.

YES

4 Likes

ask and ye shall recieve

wall of text incoming

Lore dump

This mysterious fellow is from a species that was almost completely wiped out by Visorak. They had no natural powers, but could use Kanohi masks. Ractun was a mechanical genius and explorer, and he fashioned mechanical arms in order to fight better and grab or climb things. He was furious when he found out that his former homeland had been overrun by the spiders, and he found the corpses of his friends. This caused him to go completely mad with revenge, and sought out an artifact of great power. The artifact in question was the Staff of the Green, and it was rumored that it could be found on Ractun’s home island. After a series of harrowing and dangerous trials, he succeeded. However, there was a very good reason why the Staff was hidden away. Once he had taken hold of it, his madness and desire for revenge increased exponentially, barely resembling his former personality. He also gained control over plantlife, able to create plants with little effort and control them, similar to Toa of Plantlife, only much more powerful. Unknown to him though, the consequences of this power were much more dangerous. An infection of cursed vines has been slowly spreading over his body, consuming his right arm and leg, along with his torso and head. It has even started on his mechanical arm backpack. Eventually, he will be completely consumed by the Staff, and will be little more than a freakish menace. Ractun doesn’t know this though, as he is completely insane. Before finding the Staff, Ractun was a rather quiet individual, although he was incredibly smart and a mechanical genius. He still is as smart as ever, just more crazy. Now, Ractun is a violent, wild person, prone to fits of hysterical laughter and random movements. Clearly he has some kind of plan in mind, but for now it is impossible to tell, though he does kill Visorak on site. His Kanohi mask is the Faxon, which allows him to copy the powers of Rahi close to him. Before being infected, he used this to temporarily grant himself extra powers. As mentioned above, he also uses the Staff of the Green, a mysterious and powerful staff which grants the user control over plant life, while also turning them insane and slowly consuming them with vines. The Staff is also useful for combat as it is almost indestructible and the head is very sharp. Ractun also has two mechanical arms, connected to his torso, which he can control with his mind to do anything he wishes. He is also very strong and fast, traits that he shares with his long-gone species. His armor colors were gray, black and dark blue, but now parts of him are the bright lime colors of the vines that are slowly spreading all over him. He is not a member of the Others.

8 Likes

Ractun render:

nope, haven’t ran out of mocs yet

8 Likes

next one isss…
Robot1:
Front:

Back:

Side view:

Head area: (Note the main chestplate would be this in real life.)
robot4
Staff:

Back: (with power cells)
robot6
This important because if you switch out this for a cockpit:
robot7
and switch out the staff for wheels, you get this:
robot8
I have a prototype of this in real life and he’s basically a transformer.
However I was too lazy to transform it in stud.io
maybe I’ll do it later
Back:
robot9
Side view:
robot10
Hand wheel:
robot11
Foot wheel:
robot12
so uh
yeah
Maybe I’ll post alt mode stud.io screenshots later

8 Likes

Robot1 Update:
ok, I made models and renders of him and his alt modes:
Alt Mode 1:
some kind of armored truck or tank:
Front:
robot1
Back:
robot2
Side view:
robot3
Top view:
robot4
Bottom view:
robot5
Alt Mode 2:
Some kind of drone thingy:
Front:
robot6
Back:
robot7
Side view:
robot8
Top view:
robot9
Bottom view:
robot10
I have also made some renders:
Robot1: (regular)

Robot1: (transformer)

Alt Mode 1:

Alt Mode 2:

So uh
these took a while
you’d better be satisfied
Plus opinions and criticism are helpful.

11 Likes

The vehicle form looks a lot better than I expected it to. However, it would likely be annoying to handle in real life though, since the ball joints wouldn’t be completely stable. Perhaps you should look into a way to fix that, though, this would probably be a challenge.

Also I like the head.

What’s this guy’s role in your story (if he has one)?

3 Likes

It’s a lot better than you’d think. I have a mock-up version and am going to build the main moc when I get all the parts. The friction extenders help with the stability a bit.

yeah me too :stuck_out_tongue:

I haven’t figured out a major role for him yet. Currently he’s either a rogue robot or a Transformer, though I doubt he’d fit into Bionicle.
Did you want me to post a lore dump? Cuz I can make one if you want me to
Wait
I have an idea now

6 Likes

Do you guys want to see my versions of the Toa Hagah?
cuz they’re kinda boring

7 Likes

yes

3 Likes

Anybody else agree with @Enbeanie?

6 Likes

Sure, why not?

3 Likes

Ok here ya go:
Gaaki, Toa of Water:
Front:

Back:

Side view:

Head area:
gaaki4
Tidal Spear: (note that the chronicler’s staff is a placeholder for this)

Rhotuka Shield: (note that the blue rhotuka would be this in real life)
gaaki6
Pouks, Toa of Stone:
Front:

Back:

Side view:

Head area:
pouks4
Avalanche Spear:

Rhotuka Shield: (note that the brown rhotuka would be this in real life)
pouks6
Kualus, Toa of Ice:
Front:

Back:

Side view:

Head area:
kualus4
Sub-Zero Spear:

Rhotuka Shield: (note that the white rhotuka would be this in real life)
kualus6
Bomonga, Toa of Earth:
Front:

Back:
bomonga2
Side view:

Head area:
bomonga4
Seismic Spear: (note that the chronicler’s staff is a placeholder for this)

Rhotuka Shield: (note that the black rhotuka would be this in real life)
bomonga6
yeah, they’re clone builds. nothing special

7 Likes

The Gaaki speartop exist s in stud.io. See my render.

5 Likes

It’s not in the biopack, is it? I thought it came from a private discord server

4 Likes

well
yeah, they could do with some sprucing up. at least you didn’t use basic connectors for hands.

3 Likes

should I make them more individual or not?
What other things could I improve on them?

6 Likes

Well for some scary reason bomonga’s codpiece appears to be articulated
custom torsos would make these a trifle more interesting.

5 Likes

what?

6 Likes