RWBY: Risen from Ashes (RP Sign Ups)

Name: Terin Atarangi

Kingdom: Vale

Species: Human

Personality: Tends to be serious in battle and helpful via hit and run tactics. However, he does have a temper sometimes. If in a good mood, he may crack a joke or two. He puts others first, even to the point of risking his own life if they are considered good friends of his.

Description and/or Pic: Has crimson hair and golden eyes. He has facial markings around his eyes, below his eyes and on his forehead. They are, according to him, a sign that he has come of age in his family to become a Huntsman.

His crimson hair is rather messy but somewhat covers his right eye and is kinda long.

He usually wears his deep red t-■■■■■ and a blue jacket with the collar flipped out and a set of black or blue jean pants and combat boots. Also will wear a blue zip-up hoodie if weather is colder or raining.

(Image by ToaVakota)

Aura: Blood red

Semblance: Shock Burst: It allows him to take damage and use it to boost his strength via electricity. As the Burst part implies, this boost is short and uses large amounts of the damage absorbed. He can’t tank much damage though as he hasn’t fully mastered his Semblance yet.

Weapon/s: Thunder’s Wrath A set of sais that can double up as a pair of automatic pistols. His preferred fighting style is up close and personal to mid-range.

Bio: Born and raised in the shadow of Beacon Academy by his parents who were retired before he was born. His family comes from Vacuo, hence the markings once they come of age. He will have only just recently gotten his markings when this RP starts. (I may have other things in play as well but the only one for now is that his family supports the idea that Faunus should be treated as equals to Humans; they are kinda White Fang because of that but they do not support the extremist cell(s) at all; if push comes to shove, they’ll oppose those cells in the goal/name of protecting everyone, including Faunus)

Here you guys go. @King_Ved.

1 Like

@LTVmocs : Your female character is accepted but before I can accept your male character, could you please explain to me his semblance a bit more, like what type of manipulation? that’s pretty much it to be honest

@jayzor17 : Cool character, the only problem is semblance. There’s two options: A, create some sort of weakness or, B, have it be able to turn on and off. If I missed something about it sorry.

@BlackBeltGamer98 : And you, your character is… accepted!

1 Like

Thanks. I edited things a little bit just now so as to have a bit of balance and something to build on later.

Basically telepathy. But like. Smol range. It’s mainly items but can pull on people slightly

It seems pretty fair compared to all the other semblance’s here. It’s not even combat useful other then the fact it’s basically the Sharingan copy stuff.

2 Likes

I guess there’s the fact that taking in too much information at once is very straining; it’s something I include without even thinking about it.

1 Like

You may want to nerf the Sharingan copy ability a little as that can be a bit OP if you can just, virtually, instantly copy stuff just by watching it.

Okay, I understand it better now, thank you.

Okay, sorry I didn’t really get that through, thank you for clarifying with me.

Also, right now we have enough characters for two team. We can start the Roleplay next week or maybe wait and see if anyone else would like to join, what do you guys think?

2 Likes

It’s not really OP in the RWBY universe because learning how To punch and kick like a person isn’t too stronk when fighting Grimm
Also it’s only really OP in naruto because Justus are the main focus of the franchise.

Sounds good.

1 Like

Exactly. It’s not like Laurel can copy other semblances. The physical ability to pull off anything she copied is on her, as well; the semblance just gives her the technique.

1 Like

I understand. But I’m still gonna be keeping an eye on that as it could get a bit broken depending on the move. I could definitely see this ability being used to find weak and blind points in a person’s move set.

At the time of writing this, we now have 8 characters, that’s enough for two teams.

Also, I just realized I’m probably gonna need to give Terin a new Emblem because I don’t want to use the coin and dagger one from my last RP with him. I guess that’ll be a little side project for later. (Adds it to the list)

@King_Ved, sounds good to me to start up soon.

1 Like

That’s a stated and intended use of the semblance, yes.

I mean-[quote=“jayzor17, post:22, topic:45814”]
That’s a stated and intended use of the semblance, yes.
[/quote]

Kapura’d

1 Like

Glad that’s cleared up. Thanks, and sorry if anything I said sounded rude.

Does anyone have any ideas for Terin’s new Emblem? I’ve doodled a few ideas but not much else. I looked up kanji for Shadow, Darkness and Lightning along with considering using his forehead markings but nothing is feeling like it’s sticking. I’m open to suggestions if y’all have any.

Hey guys, I’m sorry to say I won’t be putting you the RP Topic today or tomorrow for I going to be busy for the next few days. I’ll probably try to put it up in the middle of the week, or next Saturday or Sunday. Again sorry.

Hello everyone, I’m gonna get the RP Topic up right now, so prepare for battle!!

Avengers assemble!:
@Omega_Tahu @LTVmocs @jayzor17 @BlackBeltGamer98

Topic: RWBY: Rise from Ashes (RP Topic)

1 Like

I’ve finally got it! I have Terin’s new Emblem:

Here’s the description: the Japanese kanji symbol “Kage”, which translates to “shadow” in English, rotated 135° clockwise and is inside a circle.

Forgive the image being rotated, I uploaded from a mobile device.

1 Like

Awesome and funny enough I knew that

1 Like

Cool, there’s a little Easter Egg in it as well but I’ll leave y’all to figure it out.

1 Like

And here I thought I was the one with secrets. ; p

1 Like

Spoilers. Oops, too late.

That’s the last hint you’re getting.

Ok, hang on a sec. I thought there was a RP thingy that happened a few months ago? I’m still gonna sign up anyway

2 Likes