RWBY: The Rift (Topic)

Terin has been keeping watch, refusing to change out.

Heather smiles and they get to the Inn.

Flare:" Why is that?"

“Let’s get cooking.” Paul says heading to the kitchen.

“Well, after my dad died a few years back, I kind of just shut everyone but my family out. I use ice dust, and ironically, I became like Ice, cold and unfeeling. Well, a part of me did.” Coral says.

Sobek sits next to Terin

Terin just keeps watch, his focus on the area and not on Sobek. He hears Sobek and asks him, “How are you feeling regarding familial love?” He asks, referring to the emotion he showed Sobek earlier.

“It doesn’t make sense, why would someone do so much for someone else?”
Sobek asks quietly,

“It is confusing. It is hard to explain, but it is something family does. They do it out of love, an emotion that is difficult to explain but in a sense, it is one of the best emotions you can feel. In a sense, Onyx and myself are a family to you, not by blood but as close friends.” Terin says. “Do you understand what I’m saying?”

“We are a family.” Sobek says as he reflects on that. “What exactly is a family?” He asks after a minute.

Heather nods.

Flare:" I see."

Terin explains what a family usually is but then explains how they are a family, just not in the traditional sense. (@KingOfCatfish)

1 Like

Paul starts to get the ingredients put.

Coral just stayed quiet

“So does everyone have a family?” Sobek asks.

“Some folks do and some don’t, it’s difficult to explain. But people have had parents at some point but sometimes they are not around anymore. I lost my parents years ago and have lived alone, with only my sister to keep me company…” Terin explains how his life has been tricky.

“That sounds nice.” Sobek says.

“It is nice. But it can also be painful when you lose your family…” Terin explains loss of family.

Heather gets the bacon going.

Flare finishes up her pancakes.

“We are going to need water, and bringing along some food wouldn’t be a bad idea.” Paul thinks aloud as he cooks the eggs.

“So, where are you going to be living?” Coral asks as she finishes.

“Why would they do that?” Sobek asks.

Heather:" Well we’re good on water, but we should go to the market for food."

Flare:" In the village which we are in."

“Maybe we will run into Kota or Natalie at the market.” Paul says as she finishes the eggs and gets two plates.

“Yeah, but which house?” Coral asks.

“They may die, or they may give up their child and have them up for adoption…” Terin explains adoption.

“It seems broken.” Sobek says quietly,

“What seems broken?” Terin asks.