Salvation: Part II

The dropship screams back into the hangar, with two terrorcons still clinging to its fuelesage.

@MichaelBT-7474 @BlackBeltGamer98 @meepinater

The terrorcons near Broadwing and Starchaser are destroyed, though more were waking on the ground below. The draining effects of the dark energon in the area start to worsen.

Breig’s equipment wouldn’t have an answer to that mystery, unfortunately.

Starchaser shakes as the dark energon takes a stronger hold.

“We need to get out of here, NOW!”
Broadwing demanded.

“We can’t! Not yet!”

“We have not the time, nor the force to fend all of them off! We have to go!”

“Primus d@mmit. Fine!”
Starchaser shouted as she started backing up towards the ship, all the while keeping on the advancing terrorcons.

“Really?” Salvo asks, swiveling her walker’s cannon around to send a puzzled glance Darkside’s way. "Well, you’re the first bot I’ve met who hasn’t. Though I guess Velocitron doesn’t see much action.

“But yeah, the sentinels are huge. Or… were- most of 'em are dead now.”

As Broadwing and Starchaser fled, five more flying terrorcons had taken flight and were darting after them. Their bodies were old and decrepit, however, and the zombies were having trouble catching up to their quarry.

“Shame. And Velcitron gets plenty of action, but mostly of the subtle kind.”

Broadwing’s claws clicked and rattled has he prepared to fire. He threw his arms forward and fired a missile at each one of them.

“How come you don’t do that more often?”
Starchaser asked.

“Because my supply is limited and it takes time to replenish. I’ve almost used everything I have.”

“I’ll take your word for it,” Salvo says. “Never been.”

OOC: at this point in the timeline, Velocitron was more of a research outpost than an actual colony. Figured I’d clear that up before going any further.

IC:

The three of the terrorcons are obliterated, though two remain online, chasing after the two.

“Hold on!”
Starchaser shouted. She quickly transformed into her dragon mode and turned around. Broadwing let go just long enough for her to change shape, and grabbed on again once she was facing the ship. The two then sped off back to the Salvation.

“Mainly spying on the research station and running gambling rings in our spare time. Mainly on the races.”

The two would reach Salvation before their undead pursuers; a point-defense gun nearby swivels around and launches a metal slug at the terrorcons, hitting both and reducing them to a spray of twisted metal and Dark Energon.

“You were spying for the 'Cons, right?” Salvo asks as she resumes the trek to her workshop. “What were they gonna get out of fixing races?”

“Money, lots of money. You have no idea the amount of Shanix even the smallest of turf accounting can rake in.”

“Fair point,” Salvo says.

The two eventually reach the workshop, which didn’t have any other crewmembers that Salvo would need to attend to. She and Darkside could get right to work.

“Alright, so where do you need me to put the parts?” (OOC: There’s enough parts for about 3 chargers if I recall correctly.)

Once again the system warns the Wrecker of a potential threat, as two Terrorcons cling onto the recon ship’s underside and its fuselage. “Ah, bolts.”

Scorchlock saw Salvation in his proximity. He boosted the thrusters at their maximum capacity and flew toward the hangar. The Wrecker would skillfully turn off the speed and activate the flaps to ease their descent into the hangar.

Most likely, the Two Terrorcons would get crushed under the weight of the recon ship as it landed. The Wrecker turned around, looking at the group before getting back up. “See, we lived thru’,” he jested. “No need to thank me.”

The Wrecker proceeded to exit the ship through the hatchet, while King-Quan entered inside the hangar a few seconds later, transforming and landing on the metal ground. He eyed the Wrecker for a second, while the later arched an eyebrow. Before the Holy Warrior gave him an affirmative nod of his head.

As soon as the ship lands, Epsilon jumps out and opens fire on the Terrorcons, calling for help from the crew.

Zepar and Garand run to the hanger to see if all the away teams had returned safely.

Unfortunately, the terrorcons weren’t beneath the dropship’s landing gear; they fall off the ship’s underbelly and race out into the hangar-

-only to meet the bullets spat from Epsilon’s rifle. One falls onto its stomach as its lower body crumbles, while the other runs through the hail of lead to grasp at Epsilon.

Several recon craft were swooping into the hangar, having been recalled by Topside after Zepar had warned him about the terrorcon threat. Some had brought more of the undead with them, however. One ship’s pilot was currently fending off a terrorcon that had punched through the cockpit, knocking the zombie away with a hammer blow that crushed the side of its face.

OOC: we’ll go with that.

IC:

Salvo points to a workbench in the corner. A dismantled rifle casing littered its top.

“Make some space and set 'em down there,” she says, transforming her mech to robot mode.

Zepar growled as he drew the Twilight Saber and began to advance on the Terrorcons, letting the power of Dark Energon he wielded be very visible to them, “Come to me and you shall be freed.” He growled before he began swinging his great blades and whirling like a tornado of death. His dragontail flailing around and smashing into Terrorcons as he fought. He sends a blast from his dragon head arm cannon to the Terrorcon besieging the pilot.

Epsilon steps back to keep the monsters from getting too close and continued to fire on it.

Garand was in the air, sending volley after volley from his arm cannon down onto the undead creatures.

Darkside carefully moved the rifle to nearby crate and set it down.

He opens up a small compartment on his side, and lays the loose parts down on the bench.

The terrorcons don’t fight back as Zepar cuts them down; likely, they thought he was one of them.

The terrorcon stumbles and falls onto its side, growling hoarsely as its left arm is blown off. Balancing itself on its three remaining limbs, it jumps at Epsilon. The other terrorcon who’d lost its legs also starts to crawl toward the scout-

-but it is blown to bits by a shot from Garand’s cannon. At present, there were eleven terrorcons in the hangar, having stowed away on the recon craft. Thankfully, they all seemed to be reanimated from the ancient corpses from the debris fields, and not recently converted from any of the scouting parties.

Salvo walks over and looks down at the parts.

“Okay, so I’ve got the parts,” she says. “Now I need to know how to put 'em together into something useful.”

“Draw them into the open!” Garand shouted to the hanger occupants, continuing to rain cannon fire on Terrorcons.

Epsilon shook off the fear of the moment and continued to fire on the Terrorcons, pausing only to reload or reposition to keep a safe distance.

Zepar took advantage of this development and continued to try and cut down the undead as they came into his attack range.

“Alright, one second” he says, as he moves his hand as if he were to open his spark chamber.