Salvation: Part II

Pixel stopped his celebration and began scurrying toward the ship, racing with surprising speed.

1 Like

The gun controls only allowed SideStep to use one weapon at a time.

“Only one, hmm.” SideStep grumbled. He selected the beam cannon.

A beam cannon on Salvation’s port side falls under SideStep’s control.

SideStep aims it at Predaking, firing the cannon.
@Chromeharpoon

@MaxinePrimal @meepinater @BlackBeltGamer98 @ToaNoah_Wafflemeister @Flux @ProfSrlojohn

A lance of sky-blue plasmic energon shoots down from Salvation, crashing atop the Predaking and engulfing the dragon- though not before the mercenary Llun had a chance to get to safety. The beam bursts the membranes of the predacon’s wings and melts his armor into slag, and he gives a final roar before his spark extinguishes. The beam disappears, and the charred remnants of the Predaking lie still for a moment, before something ignites within its innards and explodes, destroying what little was left of him.

The ancient fortress’s cannons stop firing as, high above the gorge, the New Decepticon fleet retreats, the glow of their engines disappearing into the early-afternoon horizon as swarms of dropships carry their armies to safety. Obsidian could be seen among them in his helicopter mode, barely managing to keep up with one busted rotor. The Death’s Head, blasted by the Armageddon’s cannons thanks to the Splitter brother’s mischief, lists into a mountainside and rolls down its green surface, spewing flames and debris as it tumbles.

Salvation quiets her guns shortly after, and a silence fills the gorge as the thunderous echoes die down, which is soon dispelled once again by the ecstatic cheering of scores of battle-weary bots beneath the Fleetcarrier. Arthropoda leads her hive in an insecticon victory chant, their victorious shrieks echoing off the blasted rocks and ancient metal.

Thrift climbs atop the wreck of a Siege Walker, a tiny whole punched into its cockpit, courtesy of Laslow. The merchant looks defiantly upward at our fleeing foes and shouts after them:

YEAH! WHOO! YA LIKE THAT, YA TIN CANS?! HUH?! THAT’S HOW IT FEELS! DON’T FEEL TOO GOOD, DO IT?! WHOO-HOO!

The junkion continues to laugh and shout obscenities denouncing Bludgeon and his non-existent mother as Topside and ■■■■■■■■■■■■ walk beside each other. The Autobot rolls his shoulders as he stows his great sword along his back, the sun glinting off his white armor.

“My friend,” he says to ■■■■■■■■■■■■ with a wry smile, “dare I say it: I do believe this is our first decisive victory this voyage.”

■■■■■■■■■■■■ rolls his cerulean optics, rubbing the spot on his shoulder where his beam cannon had been blasted off. “Yes, the retreating enemy warships would serve to give that impression,” he sighs in a deadpan.

SideStep cheered and pumped his fist.
“Now that’s what I’m talking about!”

Spectrum ran up to Forcep.
“H-h-hello!” She chirped.

The Splitter brothers watched the spectacle from a window aboard the Salvation.
“Looks like we’re turning this thing around, eh?” Thrust said.
“Hopefully.” Lightshift replied.

1 Like

Flyby immediately places a hand to his temple, activating his commlink.

“Brakeswitch?” he urgently calls for his sister. “Sis?! Please tell me you’re okay-”

“I’m fine,” Brakeswitch groans, cutting her twin brother off. “Stop worrying; you’re going to blow a fuse.”

Oh, thank Primus,” Flyby sighs in relief, allowing himself to slouch in his seat and take his other hand away from Salvation’s controls.

Forcep helps a freshly-repaired Motherboard to her feet. While the first officer runs a diagnostic on herself, Forcep looks down at Spectrum.

“Hello!” he returns her greeting, smiling at his friend.

SideStep folds his arms and watches the crewmembers on the bridge with a smile on his face. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:8093, topic:49995”]
Forcep helps a freshly-repaired Motherboard to her feet. While the first officer runs a diagnostic on herself, Forcep looks down at Spectrum.

“Hello!” he returns her greeting, smiling at his friend.
[/quote]

“n-need help?” She asked, flipping out her array of medical tools.

Flyby gets up from his seat, leaving to catch up with his sister. He stops, however, to give SideStep a thankful nod of his head.

Forcep nods. Though our heroes were victorious, they and many of their allies had been wounded.

SIdeStep nods back. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:8095, topic:49995”]
Forcep nods. Though our heroes were victorious, they and many of their allies had been wounded.
[/quote]

Spectrum smiled happily. “O-okay!” She chirped, ready to assist Forcep.

With things now at ease, Starchaser, Treadquake, and Fortress all returned to the Salvation.

Starchaser looked for that junkion shop she had heard about. There was some purchases she needed to make.

Treadquake went off to his quarters to lick his wounds and mend his weapons.

And Fortress tried to find someone who could repair his expensive injuries sustained in the battle.

Meanwhile Brieg entered the engine room.
“Greetings Greasemonkey. Do you by chance have any work I could assist you with?”
The zebra scientist said. Sounding suspiciously selfless.

@Chromeharpoon

Flyby leaves the bridge via the lift at the back of the room, leaving SideStep among the rejoicing gunners. One claps the Decepticon on the back.

“Hey!” he says, “that was some good shooting, Decepticon!”

Sprocket and Grommet were a few meters away, lying against an energon crystal. Both still had their weapons deployed, and seemed unable to stand. Still, they were alive, and not so worse for wear that they couldn’t spare energy to bicker at each other.

“If you had been paying better attention to your surroundings and spotted that rocketeer on the ridge, we wouldn’t be in this situation,” Grommet grumbles to his cohort.

“I didn’t see him 'cause I was busy keeping that other guy from ripping your head off!” Sprocket retorts.

“I could have handled him just fine by myself!” Grommet says, to which Sprocket scoffs.

“Oh, you could not!”

Thrift was still in the gorge, celebrating our heroes’ victory with Facelift and a few other crew members.

“Well, this is a welcome change of pace!” he sighs. “Nice to see Bludgeon on the back foot and turning tail after running from him for the past month”

“Indeed!” Facelift agrees. He gestures to the bodies of slain New Decepticon troops that now littered the ground around the fortress. “And he was kind enough to deliver me a generous amount of new inventory!”

“Uh… yeah, sure,” Thrift says, taking a step back. “You do that, my man. I’ll, uh… tend to my own, slightly-less-morally-dubious business venture now, if you don’t mind…”

Salvo and Halfrunner could be found dragging the two halves of the quartermaster’s mech to a repair bay.

Greasemonkey looks at Brieg from over his shoulder.

“I suppose I do,” he says, noting the zebra’s tone an raising his eyebrow.

Fortress hoped to catch them before they made it out of the hanger. Given his immense size, that was just about as much of the ship he could see, unable to fit through the exit.

“Excellent!”
Brieg said cheerfully.

Just then Brieg walked in, not noticing that Brieg was already there.
“Excuse me, engineer. I have some more parts I was hoping you could let me borrow.”
Said Breig. Sounding much more akin to what Greasemonkey would expect from him.

The two stop as they see Fortress enter, presumably via ground bridge.

“You too, huh?” Salvo deadpans, looking over at th giant’s mangled weapons and severed arm.

Greasemonkey closes his left eye and sighs deeply.

“Perhaps after you introduce me to your identical twin, sir,” he says.

“Affirmative.”
The giant replied.
“I am in need of repair.”

Brieg then looked at Brieg, having just noticed him.

“Oh! I see you’ve met my clone.”
Brieg said. Acting as though it was the most normal thing imaginable.

“Thanks.” SideStep replied. "You fellas didn’t do so bad yourselves, either.[quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:8098, topic:49995”]
Sprocket and Grommet were a few meters away, lying against an energon crystal. Both still had their weapons deployed, and seemed unable to stand. Still, they were alive, and not so worse for wear that they couldn’t spare energy to bicker at each other.

“If you had been paying better attention to your surroundings and spotted that rocketeer on the ridge, we wouldn’t be in this situation,” Grommet grumbles to his cohort.

“I didn’t see him 'cause I was busy keeping that other guy from ripping your head off!” Sprocket retorts.

“I could have handled him just fine by myself!” Grommet says, to which Sprocket scoffs.

“Oh, you could not!”
[/quote]

Spectrum ran over to them, scanning them to see what in particular was wrong with them.

“Or at the very least, it would be. I’ve been trying my best to replicate the decepticon technology, but my efforts have been fruitless.”
Brieg tapped something on a wrist panel, and the doppelganger faded away. Having apparently been a hologram.

OOC: Just wanted to make sure this wasn’t forgotten.

1 Like

Salvo assesses the extent of Fortress’s damages, declaring her verdict with a low whistle.

“Hope you don’t have anywhere to be for a few days,” she says. “Because this’ll take a while.”

Hm,” says Greasemonkey. “You and everyone else in the science division, sir, I’m afraid. Unfortunately, the Decepticons haven’t been inclined to share their secrets with us, even with the truce between our factions.”

The gunner nods appreciatively.

Both Sprocket and Grommet were unable to move their legs, and Sprocket had sustained damage to his midsection that prevented him from transforming.

“Due to my size, I am unable to leave this hanger. I am accustom to staying one place for long periods of time.”
Fortress replied.

“Say, don’t we have Shockwave on board? Perhaps I could speak to him.”