Salvation: Part II

“I can help you brush up on it.” He offered, “Would you like to go planetside?” He asked.

“Yeah, well, I’m acting on them.” SideStep spat back, just as venomously.
“And now you’re acting suspicious, and hinting at threatening me,” he continued.

1 Like

“Yeah,” Venture says. “No use just standing around, is there? Primus won’t save himself.”

@Toa_Vladin @meepinater @MichaelBT-7474 @ProfSrlojohn @ToaNoah_Wafflemeister @BlackBeltGamer98

At this point, the Cybertronian Fleetcarrier Salvation had completed re-entry, a hazy green aura around her as her energy shields recover from the beating that 2-C’s atmosphere had dealt them. The glowing geoglyphs inscribed on the land far below cast shafts of green light up through lush forest canopies, spelling out forgotten chapters of cybertronian lore and dividing land into overlapping, circular sections. Flocks of purple-feathered avian creatures fly above the trees, while scaly dragon-like beasts slither through the air between tall mountains looming above the horizon.

Motherboard leaves the engineering bay, dispatching guards to search the secret room she and SideStep had found beneath Broadwing’s nest.

“Attention,” her toneless voice echoes through Salvation’s corridors and chambers, carried through the ship’s speakers. “Atmospheric re-entry complete. New objective: acquire the next piece of the Omega Lock. Prevent extinction of cybertronian race. Deny the New Decepticon Order acquisition of the Omega Lock. Business as usual.”

“Uh, captains?” Broadband says, snapping her fingers to get the attention of her superiors- much to the disapproval of ■■■■■■■■■■■■, who glares at her.

Sorry,” the communications officer quickly apologizes.

“What is it?” ■■■■■■■■■■■■ asks, his tone apathetic.

“Sorry,” Broadband says again. “Wasn’t important.”

Topside smirks as he looks up at the bridge’s speakers, intrigued by Motherboard’s recent attempts at humor.

“Did Thrift get her a joke book or something…?”

Lurch widens his eyes, feigning shock.

“Threaten?” he repeats, incredulous. “No, no, no; I would never threaten a fellow Decepticon. That was simply a… word of advice. From one Decepticon to another.”

@ProfSrlojohn

The recently awakened Deus strides through Little Iacon, his single eye, darting from one new sight to another.

@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister @meepinater @ProfSrlojohn

Halfrunner looks around the Antillian Sunrise.

“I see somebody got the place up an running again while I was out…” he observes.

Grommet attempts to drag Sprocket out of the Omega Conflux, but the Autobot scientist was in heaven, and didn’t intend on leaving any time soon.

Forcep sighs; no doubt Bludgeon and the New Decepticons would arrive in the system before too long, and the bloodshed would resume.

" ‘As an enemy of the New Decepticon Order, the Autobot Wildsong will be put to death’," Obsidian continues. " ‘And for aiding this spy in her efforts to sabotage military assets, medical officer Brainpan has been found guilty of treason, and will be executed, as well.’ "

@Toa_Vladin

1 Like

Scorchlock sighed, as he slightly rolled his optics towards Redstocker. “Yo, he doesn’t want to fight.” He said, in a complaining tone. (@Toa_Vladin)

“I suppose my services lie else well fellow Captains…” King-Quan said with a slight bow towards them. “Should you have any peculiar task for me other than getting the next key. I shall take my leave.”

Topside faces King-Quan and nods his head.

“You got it,” he says. “Good luck out there.”

Zepar chuckled at Motherboard’s humor.

“Captains, I’ll take Venture with me to scout out the geoglyphs.” He told the captains on a comlink message as he opened the ground bridge controls.

“Venture, meet me at the cathedral.” He said to the pilgrim.

“Understood,” Topside replies. “We were gonna start deploying search teams now, anyway.”

“Who is this ‘Venture’?” ■■■■■■■■■■■■ asks Zepar.

“Got it,” Venture says, transforming to vehicle mode and driving out of hangar thirty.

1 Like

“A pilgrim who agreed to join the away team.” He said.

He waits patiently for Venture.

Mhm,” ■■■■■■■■■■■■ grumbles. It occurred to him then just how many of Salvation’s crew were now unaccounted for in the manifest, with the addition of Planet Omega’s pilgrims.

Venture arrives at the cathedral, transforming to robot mode and marveling at the chamber’s architecture.

Zepar lets her appreciate the structure before trying to target the geoglyph’s coordinates to open a ground bridge to there.

The controls chirp as the coordinates of the location Zepar selects are locked in, and the space before the dais warps as a swirling green vortex materializes in front of the angelicon.

Whoa,” Venture remarks. “I’ve missed a lot in the past seven thousand years, huh?”

“Just a massive civil war that mortally wounded The Creator.” He said with a sad tone. “Anyone coming with us to scout out the geoglyphs?” He asked the group, gesturing to the portal. He made a mental note to ask for remote access to the ground bridge as soon as he could.

“That’s… neat. That’s actually very neat. Tho I doubt the captains would allow us use it to rescue Song. This is a secret rescue mission at the end of the day, remember?”

Wildsong seemed more… if anything angry than scared.
“I abandoned the Autobots. I deserted all of them, just to join you, just to make you that godslagged aperture so that then you can all use them again them and this is what you all do! You need me! You need me to finish the work on the Terrorcons! Without me you will not be able to finish them, and what happened today in the lab will happen again, and even worse! Only I am able to finish what I’ve started, and you all know that!”

“Can you two just stop and get back to the fight?” Alterion tiredly asked them.

“Yeah, I heard about that…” Venture replies.

“Fight, ■■■■■■■■, dude!” Rough retorts. “We’re here! At the planet on the map!”

The treasure hunter points to the planet outside, at the luminescent geoglyphs carved into its surface.

" ‘X marks the spot’, y’know what I’m saying? Here’s where we find the Omega Lock and go home, right?"

“The disaster in laboratory 24 was the result of your attempts at sabotage, aided by Brainpan,” Obsidian repeats, knowing full well that wasn’t the truth.

The energy shields keeping Wildsong and Brainpan in their cells deactivate, and two Ground Troopers heft a pair of cylindrical launchers. The two New Decepticons squeeze the triggers of their weapons and shoot inhibitor claws at Wildsong and Brainpan; Brainpan is thrown against the wall as the claw aimed for her flies hits her chest and clamps tight over her sides.

“Wait, we got there already?” Alterion asks.

Wildsong jumped to the side.
“It wasn’t my sabotage, but your other scientists’, who didn’t knocked down the subjects before I could start working on them! When they will wake up they will be angrier, and nothing from what you all are going to do will be able to stop them! So what do you want: five weapons against the Autobots that y’all can actually use, or five beasts that will try to kill you all?”

Yes!” Rough exclaims, incredulous.

“We were just on the moon, man; are you on syk or something?”

In the cramped space of the cell, dodging the incoming inhibitor claw would be impossible. It tightens around Wildsong’s sides, disabling her transformation cog and comlink with a painful shocking sensation.

Obsidian rolls his eyes.

“Spare us your prattle, vermin,” he sighs.

“Oh…”

OOC: Uhm… You are not going to kill her, are you?

Tumble leans over from the ground bridge controls.

“You good?” he asks Alterion. “Should I call Forcep down here?”

OOC: I established at the start of the game that the New Decepticons don’t take prisoners, and Thunderblast and Obsidian are no longer interested in keeping Wildsong around.

IC:

“Come on!” A Ground Trooper barks at Wildsong and Brainpan, motioning for them to step out of their cells. Two more troopers roughly drag Brainpan to her feet and shove her out into the hallway.

(@meepinater, @Toa_Vladin) Zepar begins to step through the portal, “All ashore that’s going ashore.” He said before vanishing through the vortex.

As Zepar steps into the ground bridge portal, he’d feel a tugging sensation in his spark as the wormhole pulls him through the event horizon. Barely a second passes before the angelicon would find himself stumbling out the other end of the portal, onto a narrow cliff of flat grey stone, overlooking a valley far below, winding between tall mountains laden with trees. A river meandered through the middle of the grassy valley, from which packs of alien creatures with round bodies adorned with deep-orange fur drank.

From the surface, Zepar could get a better look at some of the smaller geoglyphs- “smaller” being a relative term here, as the thin rings of green light that adorned the mountains, casting luminescent verdant shafts upward from there peaks, were still massive, even if they couldn’t be seen from orbit.

(@meepinater)