Salvation: Part II

SideStep jogs towards the lift, looking for a control panel.

“Who has the Omega Key?” Zepar asks the group.

The lift had a set of holo-screens inside it, the controls written in cyberglyphics.

Venture and Gronius turn their heads too stare at the Splitter brothers (@meepinater)

“Hm. Hey you!”
He shouted to King-Quan.
“Come and read these for me, will ya?”
@MichaelBT-7474

Scorchlock sighed as he ran a face over his metal face, shaking his head exasperatedly. “Idiots…” He muttered under his breath.

“No.” King-Quan shakes his head. “It is fascinating.” He said as he glanced at the Decepticon. “You see. I have studied under the scientific side of Cybertron’s Ancient History as well as the Mythical one.” He mentioned as he began to walk around. “We may have very well stumbled upon the rarest of sights.”

Suddenly, he heard SideStep calling for him. “If you would excuse me.” King-Quan bowed his head respectful as he walked towards SideStep.

“Yes, of course,” King-Quan said as he glanced at the cyberglyphics, and began to read them (@Chromeharpoon)

“So, what now great leader?” Delta asks Scorchlock. Though her tone bore a hint of sarcasm, she was genuinely curious as to how to proceed.

Not sharing the Autobot’s fascination, ■■■■■■■■■■■■ rolls his eyes and scoffs again.

The holo-screens were controls to the lift, which would take them further into this facility.

Scorchlock glanced at the door, he placed his hand on it and looked around it. To see if there was anything he could do. “There must be some way to open this up…” He mentioned. “One that doesn’t revolve in me using my grenades.”

“Everybody,” King-Quan called upon the grope. “Get into the lift.” He mentioned as he stepped inside. “We are going further into this facility.” He said as he waited for them to get inside before using the controls to move.

“Only if you had some extra energon on you,” Delta says. “otherwise, this place is a bust.”

■■■■■■■■■■■■ took umbrage with King-Quan trying to order him around; he was the captain here, after all.

Excuse me?” he says in a biting tone of voice, glaring at the Autobot.

1 Like

“Well…” Scorchlock thought of something. “It’s something…we Wreckers used to do…” He mentioned. “We’d share our own energon to our wounded. Which well, it isn’t something anyone should do. However, maybe we can all share a small dose of energon, just enough to start the door.” He said. “It’s the best option we have.”

King-Quan rose a metal eyebrow, wondering what was wrong with Captain ■■■■■■■■■■■■. “Is there something wrong, ■■■■■■■■■■■■?” He asked, his tone holding a sudden vagueness as to why ■■■■■■■■■■■■ would use a tone such as that.

“Is it really?” Delta asks. She and the rest didn’t seem too keen on giving up some of their own energon to re-power the door.

“Your blatant disregard for authority, for one,” ■■■■■■■■■■■■ drawls with barely-restrained fury. “I am the captain of Salvation, Autobot, and as such, I will issue commands; not you.”

OOC: Uh Oh.

IC: Zepar looks at the Splitter Brothers, “I think this thing needs the Key.” He said. (@meepinater)

“What else is there to do?” Scorchlock asked.

King-Quan arched a metal eyebrow. “For starters. I will overlook your overcompensating tone.” He said, his optics narrowing as he glanced at ■■■■■■■■■■■■, his sudden stance and tone was overall more dominant than ■■■■■■■■■■■■’s. It seemed this bot knew when to apply aggression and not to. “Only because you will not bare the gravity of mine.” He declared.

“I understand there might be some sort of pride in being the Captain of Salvation.” He mentioned, his tone holding reasonable meaning. “However, with all due respect, ■■■■■■■■■■■■. Calling me an Autobot with that tone is the outmost of the disrespect. Ultra Magnus and Megatron, your leader, has declared that these meaningless symbols mean nothing anymore.”

“I apologize if I prove to know Ancient Cybertronian and thus being more useful in this mission than just a Captain handing out orders.” He said, his tone holding no hostility. “But I have a sudden feeling that you simply don’t wish to be commanded by an Autobot. Should that be the case…” He paused. “You are not fit to be a Captain.” He planted his foot lightly.

1 Like

Gronius and Venture, meanwhile, fan out to investigate the room.

“What’s this supposed to test?” Venture wonders. “Our knowledge of Golden Age interior design?”

“We could get some energon cubes from Salvation…” Delta begins to suggest, before Alterion interrupts:

“That’s if we could raise her. Long-range comms are still dead.”

Though he hid it well, his expression not shifting from its intense glare, the accusation made ■■■■■■■■■■■■ positively livid. He clenches his fist, and the lights on his gauntlets flicker.

“I am ready and more than willing to test that assertion, Autobot,” he growls dangerously, taking a step closer to King-Quan, “and show you that I have earned my position on this voyage.”

A-hem!” Breakswitch coughs. “Uh, guys? Ancient secrets? Magitech? Exploration? Hello?”

@BlackBeltGamer98

Though other bots were off exploring OL-2006-2-C, Salvo didn’t get to enjoy such pleasures. She was conducting an inspection of Salvation’s armories, ensuring that the multitudes of weapons the Autobots and Decepticons had loaded onto the Fleetcarrier were in top shape, and exactly where they were supposed to be. She also needed to settle on a good place to inventory Shockwave’s prototypes (a long overdue assignment that had been put off thanks to one calamity after another), and the weapons that the pilgrims had brought aboard with them from OL-2006-0-C. Normally, Salvo didn’t mind, but the wondrous landscape she had gotten a peek of through various viewports was more alluring than the tedium of taking inventory.

Zepar shakes his head, “Given the architecture, I think this could be an arena and arenas usually mean combat.” Zepar said. “If we do end up fighting, we would need to figure out what the fight is meant to teach or reveal about ourselves to show if we are worthy of the next Key.”

One solitary case was hidden in the corner of the primary armory, it seemed rather out of place given it looked like a box someone would’ve brought as some sort of ‘carry-on’.

1 Like

“Maybe it’s supposed to teach us that we kick aft?” Gronius jokes. “But we already know that, don’t we?”

“Speak for yourself,” Venture retorts. “I’ve been fishing for seven thousand years. If this place wants me to prove myself, I’m happy to oblige…”

Salvo frowns behind her visor.

“Well, you don’t look like you belong here…” she comments as she picks up the case, giving it a look-over.

1 Like

The draconic Angelicon chuckles at Gronius’s comment, “No argument there from me.”

Zepar nods at Vanture, “From that, I imagine you learned patience and keen perception.” He said, “Both very good traits in a warrior.”

The case was pretty plain, it looked like any small gun case a civilian could purchase at a local gun merchant, there was a simple locking mechanism, just a normal clasp, and it had weight to it, indicating it contained something.

1 Like

“We have to do something, though,” Scorchlock said. “If nobody is going to do it. Then I will. By Primus’ beard. Y’all cowards.” He mentioned as he took a tube for extracting energon.

King-Quan noticed the anger inside ■■■■■■■■■■■■. It was burning inside, he truly did not let go over his Decepticon pride. So indirect, his master’s words meant nothing. How faithless ■■■■■■■■■■■■ seemed to be. At first, King-Quan felt attacked because he was an Autobot but now feels only pity for ■■■■■■■■■■■■.

However, King-Quan was the embodiment of a warrior. His mind, spark, tongue, and sword were his weapons. He had faith in Primus and faith in a better tomorrow because that’s all one could do at dire times such as these. But ■■■■■■■■■■■■ decided to approach King-Quan aggressively, which was not good for the Captain. Before the Decepticon could get any closer, King-Quan simply moved his hand onto the sword that was stored into his hilt guard, a sign that would show the Captain to back off.

“I will say this once, ■■■■■■■■■■■■,” King-Quan said, his tone remaining calm but demanding. “Step away.” His optics were laser-sharp, fixated on ■■■■■■■■■■■■. “We are here to save Primus, not to fight over some faction war that has been long over.” He mentioned. “And do not test my knowledge. Should you strike me down. Wouldn’t it also be very painful for you but it will also cost your position as Captain.” He said. “I’ve read the guidelines of Salvation and there is a rule that you are breaking. So think wisely, ■■■■■■■■■■■■.”

If King-Quan’s mouth was visible from his mouth plate, he’d have a small tint of a smile on him. “You are the one that is overreacting.” He said. “Thinking I’m your enemy whilst I have been nothing but very useful to you. Without me. You wouldn’t even have made it past the Sentinels.”

1 Like

“I guess,” Venture says, taking the compliment. “Believe me, it was tougher than it sounds. Did you get to see what’s swimming in Omega’s waters?”

Salvo frowns. It seemed that someone’s personal firearm had been misplaced in the armory, instead of being sent up to their hab-suite. How odd, then, that the owner of the gun hadn’t yet come looking for it, as far as she was aware.

You’d think everybody’d want all the guns they can get their hands on, given our current situation, Salvo thinks.

The armsmaster looks for any sort of identification that may or may not be on the case.

There was no such device to be found in the corridor.

■■■■■■■■■■■■ hated it, but King-Quan was right there, if nowhere else. The Autobot was insubordinate, sure, but not useless

“I will let you believe that,” he coldly retorts- he wasn’t going to give in so easily.

“You are not without your uses- otherwise, you wouldn’t be on this voyage- so I will tolerate your presence. I will not, however, tolerate your insubordination. Both Decepticon and Autobot regulations make the penalties for disobedience clear. Do you understand me, soldier?”

■■■■■■■■■■■■ leans in closer to King-Quan, maintaining his stern glare to intimidate the Autobot.

Zepar nods, “Our first encounter there was a titanic sea jelly that almost destroyed us.” He said.

The box had no such identifying marks on it. There were some scuff marks but they were rather old, the case must’ve been thrown some time before the weapons were to be loaded onto the ship. This case was definitely foreign. Checking the manifest would show an entry of a small case, the workers likely just added it in considering how a lot of Cybertronians these days had weapons up the wazoo.

Scorchlock sighed, wondering if Primus was against him or something.

King-Quan was not intimidated by the Decepticon that was trying to sweet-talk his way out of this. He frowned his metal-eyebrows notably, his optics emanating more emotion, the emotion of anger, it may very well scare ■■■■■■■■■■■■ at the sudden grimace of King-Quan than it would him. It certainly was unusual for this bot to be like this, giving his natural and calm demeanor but ■■■■■■■■■■■■ was playing on a very thin string, his optics glaring into his, wondering what was the best course of action.

His grip around his sword tightened, ■■■■■■■■■■■■ was so bold, so arrogant to step in King-Quan’s boundaries. He could have with one fell swoop decapitated the Decepticon Captain. To prove how worthless he truly was. King-Quan could have gone that far, to prove that he will not stand for this injustice, but he couldn’t. He didn’t know if the other Captains will sentence King-Quan for the death of well…Decepticon Captain that only barks orders and does nothing.

But alas, King-Quan played it smart. He will beat ■■■■■■■■■■■■ at his own game and he will feed him his words ten times fold. “You must think so highly of you, ■■■■■■■■■■■■.” He spoke, once again with a calm tone though there was anger behind it. “While we risk our lives on the battlefield. You sit there, on Salvation’s bridge, and all you’re good at. Is bark orders.” He said. “You have no honor, you are not worthy of your title.” His words became harder to bear. “I don’t see you making the sacrifice play. To lay down your life for an Autobot, give him cover while you are taking the bullet.” He said, his stance was sturdy, ready for any upcoming attack.

“You may not be a threat to us,” King-Quan said. “But you should stop pretending to be something better than us. Because when Primus gave you life, he made you equal, just like any other bot. So you should be thankful that you are living and breathing right now because of him. There are dark forces beyond your imagination that you simply cannot phantom. This Great War bores me. Megatron…Ultra Magnus…Autobots…Decepticons. It all goes.” He declared. “And the sooner you get that to your brain receptor and stop acting like a petulant child. The better we will have our maker back on his feet.”

He rose an eyebrow, in a way to mock him. “What?” He asked. “You seem surprised? The regulations allow you to bark all you want at us. But that’s the same with us.”