Salvation: Part II

“Sure, I guess.” Split takes the weapon.
“You two get behind me.”[quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:7290, topic:49995”]
Further in the antechamber, SideStep would see the lift that had taken the Splitter brothers and Zepar up into the arena. The echo of Atlantis waits beside it, resting his hands on the pommel of his sword, the tip of the blade balancing on the grey metal floor.
[/quote]

“uh… hi. Can I go up?”

Gronius and Venture limp behind Split.

The Devastator MK-1 was a weapon made by Thrift, consisting of a missile pod and two triple-barreled miniguns slapped onto the sides of a massive plasma cannon. The firing mechanisms of each gun had been integrated into each other with a surprising level of skill one might not have expected from the eccentric junkion.

The echo of Atlantis nods his head, now beginning to understand Modern Cybertronian.

Zepar and his thrall face the new Sentinels, ready for another fight.

Epsilon looks for something resembling living quarters in the colony ship.

Garand steps out and looks at his surroundings, gauging the reactions of the local populace before deciding what to do next.

The Sentinels take another step toward the center of the arena.

Living quarters wouldn’t be found on this deck of the colony ship.

Salvo ducks as the climbs out of the train car, followed by Thrift.

"Aaaah, Thrift sighs, “looks like it’s back to the usual business…”

Epsilon looks at Gatecrasher, “Not much.” He said, “how about you?” (@ProfSrlojohn)

Zeapr growls and the thrall readies for combat.

“I wish you the best of luck in your business, Thrift of Junkion.” Garand said with a kind smile.

“Various gizmos and trinkets, nothing I can determine the use of however.”

“I recommend not taking any until we’re sure this ship is abandoned.” Epsilon says, “I’m gonna try to find where the living quarters are.”

Split chuckled as he hefted the weapon.
He aimed it at the largest group of sentinels and pulled the trigger. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:7292, topic:49995”]
The echo of Atlantis nods his head, now beginning to understand Modern Cybertronian.
[/quote]

SideStep nodded. “Thanks.”
He stepped onto the lift.

The Devastator roars as the miniguns on its side spit out a stream of bronze, and the plasma cannon lobs a crackling cerulean orb at the Sentinels. The drones raise their shields, but the resulting explosion throws two of them into the air.

At this moment, the rest of the Sentinels break their stride, raising their swords and thundering toward our heroes.

Atlantis nods in kind, as the lift takes SideStep up to the arena where the Splitter brothers and Zepar were fighting.

Thrift nods.

“You too,” he says. “I think we’re all in need of a little bit of luck, if you ask me.”

Zepar brings both his swords to bear and the thrall leaps into action with its own weapons.

Garand looks at the quartermaster, awaiting their input on the city to the old newcomer.

“Go, get out of here!” Split yelled at the two wounded bots behind him.
He stepped back and fired again, the plates on his back forming a shield around the Devastator.

SideStep blinked as he saw what was happening.
“Aw, seriously?”
He flipped out his axe and charged the nearest sentinel, screaming at the top of his lungs.

2 Likes

Zepar raises his hand and energy lances from the medigauntlet towards the two injured bots in question to try healing them.

One Sentinel locks blades with the thrall, a burst of sparks flying as the two lengths of ancient steel scrape against once another.

Gronius and Venture retreat onto the lift as SideStep enters the fray, making their exit from the battle.

The Sentinels fan out as another burst from the Devastator lays into them. The plasma blast sends clods of dirt flying, while the pullets punch small dents in the automatons’ armor.

One Sentinel whips around as it hears SideStep’s battle cry, and readies itself for the Decepticon’s attack.

“Seems like our tour’ll have to wait,” Salvo says to Garand.

The Thrall rushes into the fray like a wild beast, its vocal systems giving out a bloodcurdling raspy hiss as it attacked the other Sentinels. When its blade met that of its opponent it tried to overpower them and shove it back.

Zepar moves to join the battle, doing what he could to keep the enemy’s focus off of Venture and stay out of Venture’s way.

Garand nods, “I think I’ll see what the local chatter is like.” He said, beginning to head to the Antillan Sunrise.

The Sentinel facing the thrall is pushed back, its feet cutting tracks in the dirt as it slides backward.

A Sentinel beckons Zepar to it with its sword.

Inside the Antillian Sunrise, Halfrunner was looking out the window at the fortress below, bathed in moonlight. He turns when he hears Garand enter.

“Ah, hello there,” he says. “I haven’t seen you before, I don’t think.”

The thrall moves in for the kill.

Zepar keeps his ground, “If you want to fight, you come to me.” He growled.

“You haven’t.” Garand said, looking at the establishment as he took a seat at the bar, “Something light but filling, please.” He requests, placing 50 shanix on the counter.

1 Like

“I like this thing.” Split grins. He sends the plates flying at one of the Sentinels, trying to impale it. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:7303, topic:49995”]
One Sentinel whips around as it hears SideStep’s battle cry, and readies itself for the Decepticon’s attack.
[/quote]

SideStep slid under the Sentinel and popped up behind it, spinning around and swinging his axe.

1 Like

The thrall’s opponent swiftly recovers, attacking with a diagonal upward strike, meant to cut across the thrall’s chest.

The Sentinel draws its sword inward, before advancing upon Zepar.

One Sentinel is pinned against the wall, the plates impaling the drone through its shoulders and legs.

The Sentinel twists at the waist, meeting SideStep’s attack with the flat of its sword just in time. It heaves forward in an attempt to shove the Decepticon backward.

Halfrunner nods, accepting the shanix and offering Garand a glass of pink lightish-red engex a moment later.

“You going down there?” he asks, nodding his head toward the window.

The thrall is hit and tries to continue its assault as if it wasn’t hurt.

Zepar tries to sidestep the attack and shank the Sentinel from behind.

Garand takes a sip and looks outside at the fortress, “What do you know about it, friend?” He asks Halfrunner.

Split fires the Devastator at it. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:7308, topic:49995”]
The Sentinel twists at the waist, meeting SideStep’s attack with the flat of its sword just in time. It heaves forward in an attempt to shove the Decepticon backward.
[/quote]

SideStep stumbled backwards, nearly tripping over his own feet. He growled and charged again at the Sentinel, swinging his axe.