Salvation: Part II

"and what is my assurance of that? " GC asked.

Split hops back, the slash scraping his armor.
He aims both his weapons at 9 and fires. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:7329, topic:49995”]
Sentinel #5 is decapitated; its body sags to its knees and falls over. Twenty sentinels now remained.
[/quote]

The holographic sentinel raises its swords and arms and charges at the nearest other sentinel.
SideStep chuckled. “Wow. they really fixed up my projector.” He held his cane up to keep the projection going.

The figure opts to answer Gatecrasher’s question, reaching behind his back to draw his energon axe and throwing it onto the floor between the two of them.

“Truth is,” Halfrunner sighs, “we’ve gained a little… and lost a lot.”

The Twilight Saber leaves a glowing violet gash in 11’s chest, and the Sentinel breaks off to recover.

The nearest Sentinel was #10, who was attacking Zepar.

9 is thus destroyed, leaving nineteen sentinels remaining. 8 picks itself up and tries to jump onto Split’s back.

“Coward.” Zepar growls as he closes the gap to try and finish off 11, unaware of 10’s approach.

Epsilon waits for the figure to answer his question, seeming to relax a little.

Garand gives a somber nod, “Such quests often have high prices like this.” He said.

The holographic sentinel approaches #10 and swings its swords at its head and torso.

Split staggered as 8 tackles him, and he tries to flip the Sentinel over his shoulder.

11 raises its blade to meet Zepar’s, while from the periphery, SideStep and his hologram engage Sentinel #10.

Number 10 blocks both swings with its sword, before breaking off to thrust the blade at the hologram’s torso.

The Sentinel is caught and thrown over Split’s shoulder.

“Much of what I have aboard this vessel is available to you,” the figure says. “It is my hope at least some of it can be of use to you.”

Halfrunner nods solemnly.

“Part of me wonders if we’re ever gonna have ourselves a real victory one of these days…” he confesses.

SideStep sprinted in and leaped into a kick, trying to redirect the thrust, while the Sentinel swung both swords at 10’s head. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:7336, topic:49995”]
The Sentinel is caught and thrown over Split’s shoulder.
[/quote]

Split fires his weapons at the Sentinel.

Zepar tries to overwhelm 11 until he can land a finishing blow.

“That doesn’t fully answer my question since I could justify what we need as the whole ship for some reason or other and I’m pretty sure you’ll need it to get back to wherever you came from.” Epsilon said.

“Humans say ‘a thousand battles, a thousand victories’ which means each battle can be learned from and thus have some small victory to build on.” Garand said.

@Chromeharpoon

King-Quan turned back and glanced at ■■■■■■■■■■■■. “Are we supposedly the first line of defense?” The Warrior asked as he glanced at him.

11 manages to hold its own against Zepar, blocking his strikes with both sword and shield.

OOC: isn’t Scorchlock still interacting with Spectrum?

IC:

■■■■■■■■■■■■ faces King-Quan.

“That’s the plan,” the Decepticon confirms. “Bludgeon will be here any moment now, and we’ll be holding the line while a team retrieves the Omega Key.”

The figure laughs quietly, smiling behind his mouthplate.

“I trust you and your companions will be reasonable,” he says.

“Not a bad way of looking at it,” Halfrunner concedes.

Zepar tries to use his dragon tail to get around this defense by bashing it in the head with the clubbed end.

“I’d rather we have a hard list so we don’t accidentally take something important or that you can’t part with.” Epsilon said.

“It’s curious how humans try to be so optimistic in battle.” Garand said.

OOC: Uh, nope.

The stoic bot smirked behind his mouth plate as he nodded his head. King-Quan glanced into the distance thinking “Finally, some action worth my time.” He thought.

10 is struck by both attacks and decapitated, leaving 18 sentinels remaining in the arena.

8 raises a shield to protect itself from the onslaught.

11 chops at the incoming dragon tail with its sword.

“Most of what you might find useful can be found on the lower levels of the ring,” the figure elaborates. “The colonization equipment aboard this ship has never been used, and I have kept it in working order throughout the ages.”

OOC: Oh, okay.

Around King-Quan, Salvation’s crew was stetting up hasty defenses in the basin. Larger bots were transforming into gun emplacements, and Motherboard flew around the perimeter in her reconnaissance drone mode.

Halfrunner nods in agreement.

“Maybe there’s more we can learn from 'em than we might think.”

“May I ask why” GC asked. He had retracted his canons, but kept his halberd out, stabbing the tip into the ground.

“I like to keep the ship well-maintained during my travels,” the figure explains.

“How long have you been here?”

“Not long. Two weeks, almost.”

OOC: I thought the place was somewhat decrepit, but I guess not.

IC: “So, what possessed you to go wander the galaxy in a giant colony ship of all vehicles?”

“It wouldn’t have been my first choice. My original ship was destroyed, and I found this one adrift just outside Alnitak. Getting it operational again was no easy feat.”

The Holographic sentinel swivels it’s head, looking for another target.
SideStep continues to hold onto the staff. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:7343, topic:49995”]
8 raises a shield to protect itself from the onslaught.

[/quote]
“You don’t need that!” Split growled, grabbing at the shield and trying to rip it away from the sentinel.