Salvation: Part II

“Ugh… sorry for worrying you with my problems.” He said, “Another round?” He asked.

“I was referring to my clones. The reason I came to you in the first place.”

“Yeah that sounds about right.”
Starchaser said.

Broadwing got up and followed contently. Still saying nothing.

“In that case…”

Shockwave closes the predacon library, opening another dedicated to his research on cloning projects in general.

“Nova Prime’s advisor, Jhiaxus, was the first to seriously research cloning cybertronian organisms,” he says. “With Nova’s betrayal and subsequent execution, however, the subject was largely abandoned for nearly a million years.”

Hmm…” Thrift hums, furrowing his brow. He flips through the other datacards, thumbing through projections of jets, helicopters, birds, dragons, and even the Wright Flyer, among alt-mode designs.

“…Looks like I don’t have anything quite like that,” he says apologetically.

Halfrunner shrugs.

“Sure,” he says, serving Darkside another shot of the sparking green engex.

“Where have you been, Broadwing?” Greasemonkey asks the Decepticon.

Blight and Pixel would happen to near Greasemonkey and Blight as they traveled.

“That not quite what you’re looking for?” Facelift asks her.

1 Like

“And of course our pal Bludgeon had to pick it back up?”

Spectrum shook her head.
“N-nope.”

“It was Megatron who originally charged me with the creation of a clone army,” Shockwave clarifies. “Naturally, I used Jhiaxus’s research as a foundation for my own work.”

“Well hold on,” Facelift says. “I have plenty more hands in here.”

The cyclops walks over to a corner and drags out a much larger, three-fingered hand, almost half his own size. It was dark purple in color, and had a few spots of rust here and there.

“Got this off of Constructicon Maximus after he was killed on Junkion,” Facelift explains. “Figured it’d be a nice wall decoration, but if you need it for something…”

Epsilon keeps quiet, not wanting to interrupt Shockwave as he seemed busy, and waited for a moment where Shockwave wasn’t so busy.

“Oh, old Megs, huh? Wow.” SideStep rubbed his chin.
“This is deep.”[quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:8255, topic:49995”]
“Well hold on,” Facelift says. “I have plenty more hands in here.”

The cyclops walks over to a corner and drags out a much larger, three-fingered hand, almost half his own size. It was dark purple in color, and had a few spots of rust here and there.

“Got this off of Constructicon Maximus after he was killed on Junkion,” Facelift explains. “Figured it’d be a nice wall decoration, but if you need it for something…”
[/quote]

Spectrum carefully inspects the hand to see if it’d be fit for Brieg.

“So what then? I don’t see how another half finished attempt is supposed to help us.”

“Then why would you-”
Starchader said, sounding rather annoyed.
“Alright. Never mind. What about a bomber? I know some old human made designs that were brimming tip to tail with gun turrets. Anything like that?”

“Tunnels… After big fight… Lost, control… Was, afraid… Afraid I might… Hurt, someone… Run away… Alone… Can’t hurt… Anyone.”
He slowly replied.

“This is all we have,” Shockwave says to Breig. “The contents in these files, both Jhiaxus’s work and my own, may very well comprise the entirety of our race’s knowledge on cloning, bar whatever technology may have been lost in the end of the Golden Age.”

Thrift shakes his head.

“Nothing like that,” he says.

The hand was a bit on the small side, but it would do- at least until a proper replacement for Fortress’s original hand could be constructed.

“Hm,” Greasemonkey reacts. “That would explain it, yes.”

1 Like

“I see. Well with a mind like mine working with your own, I’m sure we can perfect the process to my specific desires. Albeit not without much trial and error.”

Starchaser paused.
“Well, do you have any human made models? Call me crazy, but I’m honestly a big fan of their aircraft design.”
She asked.

“But… After, much time… Decided to… Come back… Felt, lonely… Remembered… Friends… So came back… To home…”
Broadwing said. It wouldn’t be hard to guess that by “home” he meant the engine chamber.

1 Like

Epsilon walks up to Shockwave carefully, “Am I interrupting?” He asked.

Shockwave sharply turns his head to look at Epsilon.

“Yes,” he says to the scout, “though if you require something of me, I will endeavour to render assistance.”

“Well, slag, half my stuff is terran!” Thrift exclaims. “Those guys leave the best stuff just lying around the galaxy, you know. It’s great.”

Greasemonkey nods his head.

“Well, it’s good you did,” he says. “It sure is a day for good news.”

1 Like

Epsilon moves to the table and begins silently bringing out the things he got from the Colony Ship. Several items are damaged but the Cortical Psychic Patch remained intact. “I found a few things for you.” He said.

“Nice!”
Starchaser said excitedly.
“What do you have for uh… Older models? Like, really older models?”
She asked. Though was noticeably a little sheepish when trying to specify.

OOC: I’m not sure where humanity lines up at this time. How long ago would WW 1 and 2 have been by now?

“Nest is… Missing. Not… Happy.”
Broadwing said. Sounding a little sad.

Brieg waited through yet another interruption. Shockwave sure did seem to be popular around here. But this was ground breaking science for Cybertron’s sake! You would think he’d be able to prioritize it over whatever these other bots wanted.

While Shockwave helped Epsilon, Breig was free to browse the scientist’s notes.

“Excuse me…” he says.

Shockwave examines the medical equipment Epsilon had brought back from the colony ship, the Cortical Psychic Patch among them. His gaze wanders to the canisters of CNA samples.

“Where did you find these?” he asks the scout.

“I’ve got vehicle specs going back to the twentieth century,” Thrift says proudly. “You’d be surprised; some bots love dressing themselves up as old tanks and steam engines- one guy I did business with turned himself into a blimp, for spark’s sake!”

Thrift then chuckles. “Funny guy. Hope he’s doing alright.”

Greasemonkey nods his head.

“Yes, a well-meaning Autobot got rid of it recently,” he explains.

1 Like

Brieg read over everything past cloning attempts. Looking for flaws, errors, and mistakes. Hoping to draw some kind of pattern. See if there was a reoccurring element that may be the root cause of the problem.

“What about a Fokker Dr1 triplane?”
Starchaser asked eagerly.
“Maybe with some way to modify it? Just so it can still keep up in a dog fight some new decepticons. I’ve been flying with a World War 2 era fighter for the longest time now and it works fine but it’s just not the same thing you know? I would just love to really fly with the real deal. Just thinking about it is getting me excited.”
She quickly started to ramble. This was clearly something she was very knowledgeable on, and excited about.

“Shame… Will have to… Rebuild… No arm… This time.”

1 Like

Epsilon explains how a guy in a cloak had a colony ship and let him take what he felt was needed or that Shockwave would find interesting that didn’t compromise the craft’s operation and functionality. “I made sure to get the Patch but I just had to grab a few extra pieces of medical equipment considering the no doubt increasing peril to the lives of everyone on Salvation as we keep finding more and more pieces of the Omega Lock and then there’s the trip home and using the thing all while Bludgeon and his bunch are trying to snuff our Sparks.” He finished.

1 Like

“Better than nothin’, though, right?” SideStep said. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:8259, topic:49995”]
The hand was a bit on the small side, but it would do- at least until a proper replacement for Fortress’s original hand could be constructed.
[/quote]

Spectrum pointed at the hand.
“Y-y-yes!” She excitedly sputtered.

The notes began with a description of the machine used to develop the clones: the hyperevolution chamber. The chamber used CNA samples fed into its computer as a blueprint to build a clone body using a reserve of sentio metallico, the living metal that made up cybertronian bodies. The clone was assembled in a tank filled with energon, and Shockwave’s modifications to Jhiaxus’s original designs allowed a bot to make modifications to the clone’s CNA and its body as it was gestating.

Shockwave nods.

“Does anyone else know of the bot you acquired these materials from?” he asks.

“Slow down, slow down!” Thrift laughs, waving his hands. “You’re losing me!”

“…Yes, and that’s probably for the best in all honesty, sir,” Greasemonkey says.

“Great!” Facelift cheers.

Well everything seemed alright. So then where was the issue? He tried to find a list of failed results.

“Okay, okay. A Fokker Dr1 Triplane. Used in World War 1 by germany. Made famous by the Red Baron. Ringing any bells?”

Broadwing remained quiet as they walked to the medic.