Salvation: Part II

SideStep shook his head and sighed.
“There goes my only lead, I guess. I doubt the captains want me to torture you just to make sure, so I guess you’re right and I’m wrong.”

@MaxinePrimal
Spectrum begins to assist the medical team in replacing Fortress’ hand.

Lurch is silent. The interrogation and the accompanying trip down memory lane seemed to have had an effect on him.

“Make… Time!”
Broadwing growled. Brieg quickly grabbed the key from him and shoved him out of the door. Closing and locking it behind him. Moving with surprising speed and force.

“You made that thing?”
Brieg said in surprised disbelief.

The giant robot had little to say, but watched them closely as they worked.

Strange thing about the autobot though, is that he wasn’t like anything they would have seen before. Not just in his size and firepower, but his anatomy as well. His constriction was closer to a basic machine than a well forged cybertronian.

“Yes,” Shockwave bluntly replies. “Now leave; I must return to the experiment.”

SideStep sighed.
“Well I guess there’s nothing more to do. Thanks for your cooperation, I guess.”[quote=“MaximusPrimal, post:8433, topic:49995”]
The giant robot had little to say, but watched them closely as they worked.

Strange thing about the autobot though, is that he wasn’t like anything they would have seen before. Not just in his size and firepower, but his anatomy as well. His constriction was closer to a basic machine than a well forged cybertronian.
[/quote]

Spectrum continues working, humming a cheery song as she usually does.

Lurch nods.

“As if I had a choice,” he scoffs.

“Well it’s over now, yeah? It’s not like I’m going to ask for your help finding the spy or anything like that.”

Lurch raises an eyebrow.

“Why not?” he asks. “Given my experience, I should think that I would be a useful ally in tracking down our mole. Why, I’m surprised no-one’s come to me for help already!”

“Wait, you’d actually be willing to help?” SideStep asks, blinking in surprise.
“Why haven’t you offered?”

“Hmph. Fine.”
He set the Omega Key on a nearby desk.
“I brought what we needed. Find me when you’re ready to continue our work.”
Brieg then left the room. Broadwing still waiting impatiently outside.

“You are different… Like myself.”
Fortress said to the small worker.

“Y-yes! A-a-all different!” Spectrum cheerily replied.

“No-one asked!” Lurch says again. @meepinater

Wordlessly, Shockwave goes back to monitoring the Cortical Psychic Patch. The connection was holding steady, owed to improvements made since Zepar and Epsilon’s trial and due to SideStep not stressing the machine too much.

“I’m curious. What is your story?”

SideStep paused her work to think for a moment.
“B-brother!” She said. “P-pixel b-brother!”

ooc: shoot i haven’t really figured this out yet. i guess now’s the time to work out a proper backstory.

2 Likes

“Who is Pixel?”
He asked.

“M-my b-b-brother!”

“You’ve told me that already.”
Fortress said.
“But I’ve never met him. So I do not know who he is.”

Spectrum thought for a moment.
“L-like me! b-b-but b-b-blue!” She stammered, pointing to herself.

SideStep sighed.
“Well, do you want to help?”

“What kind of Decepticon would I be if I refused?” Lurch asks rhetorically. That was as near a ‘yes’ as SideStep was going to get out of him.

“Alright, good.” SideStep said.
“…now how do we get out of here?”