Salvation: Part II

“Sure. Mind if I follow along, or do you want to meet up somewhere?”

Salvo shrugs.

“Follow if you want,” she says. “Makes sense.”

The Autobot transforms her mech into its walker mode, and swings herself into the cockpit behind the main cannon.

“I’m so used to your smaller size, I’ve still gotta get used to the bigger you.”

King-Quan was flying through the vacuum of space as four Terrorcons made their way toward him and his comrades. The Holy Warrior set his target to at least one of the Terrorcons. As he flew at a slightly faster speed, his thrusters ignited in flames. He could be heard yelling out a righteous roar.

He transformed mid-flight upon approaching his enemy. In his Cybertronian form, he sheathed his blade and slashed at the Terrorcon with the built-up momentum from his jet thrusters. Before he transformed back into his alt mode and took his presence back into the so-called “skies”.

The console began blinking rapidly with a reddish color. The Wrecker’s attention was drawn to him as he saw on the console twelve Terrorcons pursing the dropship. “How in blazes did they even get here.”

In the corner of his eye, two Terrorcons flew toward the starboard side, on the right of the aircraft. The warning systems also notified him about how three swooped beneath it, most likely wanting to grab onto something. “Oh no, you don’t,” he declared, as he activated the recon’s ship defensive systems.

He used the recon ship’s weapons to fire down upon the three who pursued to latch onto the fuselage, while he made an abrupt turn, thrusters of the ship facing the two other Terrorcons. The blazing fire from the thrusters would serve as a lethal weapon in itself, in attempts to burn those two away as the recon craft shot forward.

“You know its usually the other way around,” Salvo remarks. “Most bots think the big hulking suit is the real me, 'til I transform and they see a little minicon in the driver’s seat.”

King-Quan’s target is caught by surprise, and the Autobot’s sword cleaves through the zombie’s ancient metal body with ease. Streams of Dark Energon issue from the two halves of the now-bisected bot, quickly freezing in the cold vacuum.

These three terrorcons were out of range of the dropship’s weapons, and latch onto the craft’s underside.

However, Scorchlock’s evasive maneuver causes on of the terrorcons on the fuselage to lose its grip and fly off. The two terrorcons the wrecker was meaning to target, however, had already grabbed onto the dropship and were attacking Epsilon-5, who was also on the outside (@BlackBeltGamer98).

The other seven terrorcons didn’t slow down in their pursuit, colliding with the port (left) side of the dropship. Only one manages to hang onto the craft, however, once Scorchlock shoots it forward.

Epsilon’s optic flickers from blue to red as his Combat Mode engages and his misslies lock, one for each Terrorcon he could see, and lets loose with is gun arm with terrifying efficiency. “Scorchlock! Get us out of here or we are going to die!” He yelled on the comlink.

Zepar shudders as his armor begins to have that purple mist rise and engulf him again while his eyes turned violet. “Captains,” He said on the comlink, “There are Terrorcons outside and they are accosting our away teams and more are steadily waking across the system.”

Garand seemed very concerned for two reasons: this Angelicon could sense Terrorcons and the fact that Terrorcons were out there and likely all over the system. Garand’s mind raced to try and find some explanation of why this is happening from his own studies of The Covenant of Primus.

“which is honestly just weird, but maybe I’m just used to Velocitrion. Bots are somewhat smaller there. For the most part anyway. Most bigger bots are unique cases, minicons, or foreigners.”

The two terrorcons in front of Epsilon are cut down and fall off the dropship, while the scout’s missiles lock onto the other six that Scorchlock had just evaded and blast them to pieces. One other terrorcon was now behind Epsilon, however, and it grabs onto his left leg to try and pull him off-balance.

“He’s right,” Topside says to Shatterpoint. Broadband just got an alert from the Splitters’ team. I’ll withdraw them; you get rescue teams and medical on stand-by."

“On it,” Shatterpoint replies.

If Garand knew of Zepar’s Dark Energon-enhanced powers, it could be reasonably assumed that he’d be able to sense other traces of the Blood of Unicron, linked by the remnants of the Antispark.

As for the presence of the terrorcons in this system, The Covenant did say that the Thirteen had battled Unicron’s minions across the galaxy for many centuries before the Golden Age.

“Well where I’m from, Gigantion, most transformers are my size, too,” Salvo explains. “That, or they’re two hundred foot tall titans. Nothing in between, unlike Cybertron and the other colonies.”

Epsilon slips and turns to punch the Terrorcon off of him before sending some bullets into its face.

“They need to hurry.” Zepar said, “If they don’t, they will be torn apart.”

Garand has a realization, “This system must’ve been a battleground between the armies of the Primes and Unicron; it would explain, well, everything.” He said.

The Wrecker tilts his head to the right upon hearing an unwarranted yell from the comlink. “Ah bolts,” he sighed. “All right, get inside Epsilon!” he said, waiting for him to get into the ship before he fired the thrusters at full power and flew toward the Salvation.

“Splinter Brothers, they’re retreating, let us do the same!” King-Quan suggested his comrades, as he flew toward the recon ship and followed it. (@meepinater)

Epsilon tries to grab onto the ship and hang on for dear life.

“huh. What caused that dichotomy?”

The terrorcon’s head is destroyed by Epsilon’s fire, and the disoriented zombie-bot grips tightly to Epsilon as the dropship speeds back toward Salvation. Without eyes, however, it couldn’t do much to attack.

Three more terrorcons still clung to the dropship’s underside, and start clawing through the hull to expose the inner mechanisms of the craft. The command console would alert Scorchlock to this development.

“No-one knows,” Salvo says. “All the colonies have their own quirks.”

She starts piloting her walker toward her workshop.

Epsilon keeps shooting to get the zombie off of him.

Darkside follows behind.

“You know” he pipes up, “As cool as that mech of yours is, you normal self is a lot more interesting to look at.”

Epsilon successfully dislodges the terrorcon and sends it hurtling away into space.

“Uh… thanks,” Salvo says, continuing to walk the mech forward.

“So uh… did you build your mech? or were you born with it?”

Broadwing gripped his claws into Starchaser to prevent from flying off. It did shake Starchaser some, but not enough to throw her off. He swings his tail back, hoping to throw the terrorcon into the void.

Brieg wasn’t sure what to do at the moment, so he simply went back to studying the planetary patterns.

“Built it,” Salvo explains. "Worked on Project Omega back when we were still building sentinels; me and a few other guys put this thing together to test out Kappa Supreme’s weapon systems.

“Obviously, the final product was, uhm… up-sized a little, but the data we got from this suit helped us put it together. They even let me keep it, as you can see.”

As Brakeswitch had surmised from Salvation’s scans, the seven planets of this system were all in unorthodox orbits around their aging star. Many of them passed dangerously close to one another, and the Fleetcarrier’s computers had even predicted that two of the worlds had collided within the last century. Salvation’s readings also suggested that the debris field around this shattered planetoid she was orbiting, roughly two-and-a-half astronomical units way from the red giant, was spread all throughout the system.

That was about all Brakeswitch could coax from Salvation’s scanners, however. The interference our heroes had encountered earlier was still baffling the Fleetcarrier, and prevented anything more from being learned about this system. Forcep had confirmed the presence of Dark Energon, though the Chaos Bringer’s blood didn’t usually confound equipment so…

Forcep terminates the commlink channel as he continues to analyze the dead knight- and hoped that it remained dead at least a moment longer.

Broadwing dislodges the stinger from the terrorcon’s head, and it plummets back down toward the barren waste below. This had given three more, however, an opportunity to fly high enough to rush at Starchaser from her left.

The two bots followed King-Quan and the recon ship.