School!

I have a bunch of projects/essays to do, I haven’t started any of them, I only just scraped through my last ,maths test. School isn’t going so well for me right now, but after my experience today of having my first ever sick day, I can say it is better than doing nothing all day…

2 Likes

I have around 3 week until school starts so I am excited to learn more in school and just to have fun and stress a lot of tests(which I like :slight_smile: ) So I am ready and to trade Bionicle parts for Titan sets with my IRL Friend :wink:

2 Likes

I have like, 2 days until school starts for me. Heh.
But I feel like this year is going to be a really productive one for me. I’m going into AP World History, AP World Lit, College Biology, AP Chemistry, Trig/Pre-Calc, College C++ and Spanish 3. Only because there are literally no other languages offered by my school. I’d rather be taking German.

But yeah. 10th grade is gonna be swell.

And the important classes start in September

School in about two weeks. We don’t choose our higher level classes until the year after, since it’s junior cert (ages 13-16ish); except for two subjects, Irish and Maths, higher level in both, and taking higher for the seven subjects we take in Leaving Cert (16-19ish I think, if not 18).

Talking about school coming up, I honestly think I’ve had a great summer, and still a lot of is left in relativity. I’m reading a physics for dummies book so I won’t get too much of a shock from studying again.

Yet I am slightly disappointed about what I didn’t accomplish this summer, I was aiming to get conversational French and get really good at Irish, though I just didn’t bother.

What I did practice was tons of basketball, at least an hour a day, and a pickup game one or two times a week. I’m not positive I’ll make the team, yet these skills will carry on for next year, and the year after that. I’m focused on mastering at least one or two subjects a year, starting this year.

I’m thinking of focusing on Irish and Maths, as they are most relevant, being both higher level and I have an interest of both.

(I wrote too much, didn’t I?)

2 Likes

You mean like Gaelic?
That’s pretty metal bruh

1 Like

Gaelic

In the family, but it’s not called ‘Gaelic’ though…

HUEHUEHUEHUE

I HATE SCHOOL! ! !

·20 - 25 tests a year
·Teachers are mean
·Hallways are about have as big as they need to be
·Parking lot is half as big as it needs to be

2 Likes

Heh. Heh.
I probably had that many tests in math alone last year.

2 Likes

Stuff like this reminds me that my high school is friggen huge for a high school

Does that include those tests called IXL?

I’ve never heard of ‘IXL’.

IXL is a website where you can study math. Some teachers make it classwork, others use it as a test (Which I think is the worst use of the site). I personally used it to study last year as it allows do multiple assignments over and over again.

Hmmm. I’ve never done anything like that before.

I like to call it:
“Teachers are too lazy to teach. Have this website do it for them” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

So I had my first day of school today.

It was boring as heck.

Ours aren’t even. Putting lockers into hallways that were never designed for them = huge sweaty traffic jams every break = not fun

2 Likes

Same here

I know the feel.

1 Like

I was only ever did public school for one grade…

guess which one?