Scydrak - Guilty Sunset

Aww. Man, if I only new beforehand. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I actually really like the blue in there. Purple would make him have a bit to common of a color-scheme; but as you can tell from my avatar, I like risky color-schemes.

I love the legs! Donā€™t change them much at all. Maybe add one or two blue pieces, but donā€™t change anything else in those sexy shins.

I think the sword-wings add to the sky theme quite well.

Blue-grey on the edge, yellow at the center, and burnt orange on the clouds. He matches perfectly with this one.

3 Likes

oh, I like contrasting colors as well, but these just donā€™t work for me.

3 Likes

They are.

Warm gradients are very hard to incorporate into MOCs though. The inspiration was for the sky color (blue), the reddish gold from the setting sun itself, and the black (technically dark blue but thatā€™d look like crap on this) from the oncoming night.

As Bio stated, the colors arenā€™t for everyone. This was a new test for me, as I have stated, and this is the first MOC I have made in a while that I have legitimately enjoyed making.

3 Likes

who said you were allowed to have fun with your Lego?

now get back to work!

3 Likes

Alasā€¦I must depart for the night.

Sleep is calling me.

(alas we had no pretty sunset tonight, as it was raining ;o;)

2 Likes

just stare at your moc for a while.

1 Like

But wonā€™t the conflicting colors burn his eyes out?!? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Iā€™m freakinā€™ jealous; even if rain wasnā€™t my favorite weather, I live in an area where weā€™re more likely to get snow this time of year.

1 Like

The color scheme almost works really well.

2 Likes

Ooh! Snazzy. Itā€™s not every day that you see a moc with burnt orange and sand blue!

3 Likes

Ek did a new moc! cough dont you have moc topic? cough

2 Likes

I really love this colour scheme

I also really love the burnt orange lewa nuva blades

I wish I got themā€¦

Also

Shintastic

C:

1 Like

Really nice. I actually like the color scheme.

Wait, thatā€™s light blue? I thought it was sand blue, like on Vezok. Still looks good though.

The shins are a very solid build. I like.

Hey Pot8o, I have 8 of lewa nuvaā€™s sword blades in burnt orange.

2 Likes

Cowboy Ekorak forever. Colors look okay, might have liked better layering. Not a fan of the torso, though, exposed socket and weird Slizer foot. Really the only thing that impresses me is the shins.

You are now my friend.

I will say no.

1 Like

You canā€™t just say no. Itā€™s a bulky MOC, through and through. Your MOCs are unreasonably bulky, in my honest opinion. You would never see somebody on the streets packed with that much muscle and clothing. This guy is semi-realistic, regarding him being an alien.

Iā€™m sorry if I sound frustrated, but I donā€™t get why you think something has to resemble the Hulk to be bulky.

1 Like

The bulk is better than in most of your MOCs, but still lacking in a couple places. Namely, the fact that he uses the same thighs as skinny Ekorak.

1 Like

Coolio

As always, great job. The wings go well with how a sunset looks, distributing a nice, warm color outwards to the rest of the MOC. My only gripe is that the color distribution feels off. Maybe a bit more black in the upper body and more of that blue in the legs.

1 Like