Self moc cotora axrana: half deamon

here is a

Yo, he can walk on walls, neat

4 Likes

Darn I,ll deal w/ it tomorrow

This is one heck of a deamon I suppose.

This is one of those basic moc that doesn’t have alot of “pointers”, it does appear menacing with those Umarak claw it stolen, not liking the triple jointed legs though. :palm_tree:

1 Like

common spelling mistake: do not use a in demon
it’s also a basic bish of a moc
where is my mona Lisa?

1 Like

Are you referring to the topic itself here, or the MoC? Because either way, it kind of shows.
Granted, I’m all for the mask not meshing with the rest of the color scheme if it’s supposed to represent something along the lines of face paint or skin, but the black and silver combo doesn’t really feel like it was implemented correctly (this can probably be easily fixed by swapping some shells around, though), and the inclusion of the Umarak hands also does him no favors, especially since they provide further interference and were lifted from an actual set verbatim. Which is a little disappointing, to be completely honest, since his weapons seem to have had a lot more thought put into their function and overall shaping.
Just to be clear, I’m not saying that everything needs to feel like it came from the hands of Da Vinci or anything like that, but the main figure sort of looks like he was built and mostly forgotten about within the span of an hour or so, and he really suffers because of it. Personally, I tend to keep my stuff around me in plain view for at least a week before I finally consider something finished, just so I can tackle their designs and such from multiple perspectives and increase my odds of ridding them of minor flaws before they become too overwhelmingly glaring. Adopting such a method for yourself might prove to be entirely beneficial to your future projects.

2 Likes

The arms look a bit short from the pictures. If you took a neutral shot, it would be easier to tell.

Yah I think in order for it to look better I’ll do that, take better photos and make a new topic, also he looks cruddy because I don’t have the right pieces to make him look the way I want him to becaus I have a spcific design in minde and because I have limited pieces because I have two larger mocs

Ok so here are some better pictures I changed him up a bit and I think it looks better

The pictures are side ways because my fone’s camera is malfunctioning

also to who it may concern I’ve fiddled with him for months

The legs are too long. It seems like you have an extra joint in there, but I ca’t really tell. If you do, then removing it might help.

I tried and it didn’t look good I want him to be tall

Also he is a Half demon not a demon also
This is why he has really long legs also all my mocs have tripple jointed legs and in old roman demon was spells Deamon:relaxed:

Hey, you need to familiarize yourself with our double-posting rules. Thanks. --John Smith

Ok I did’t mean that to be a double post
Haha guess it was sorry about that

What John Smith said - Prpl

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

If you don’t want to shorten the legs, then you should make the body longer.

@cotorax: Now this… this is a significant upgrade.
Piece limitations are completely understandable (I’m assuming this accounts for the different colored bone used in one of the legs), though mentioning that this guy was also a Work In Progress (or WIP) probably would’ve gone a long way in helping us to understand that he wasn’t quite finished as well.
@Jakanader: There’s actually four different bones being used in there; one for the thigh, one for the knee, one for the shin and calf, and another, smaller one being used for the ankles. Instead of elongating the legs, I think a bigger CCBS torso would help out a lot more in terms of proportions.

The reason for the long legs is because of poseability. Also I don’t have many longer CCBS bodys.

Simple but pretty good. The shoulders could be filled out more though

I do agree

Interesting

Bit late to the party here…the idea of adding demons into the mix is pretty cool.

also is the old spelling “deamon” or “daemon”?

It’s dæmon.

1 Like