Self-MOC: Kilan

Finally, I have done it.

I have created a new Self-MOC to replace my old Mata Nui rip-off.

I have created something that I can truly say represents me.

Name: Kilan
Element: Plantlife
Kanohi: Arthron
Weapons: Wood Guard, Protosteel Weather-bo, Dagger, Pistol
Universe: Toa Empire

Kilan was one of the many Toa to serve under Tuyet in the Toa Empire Universe. After she was killed by Toa Takanuva of the Prime Universe, Kilan set out on his own, creating a pirate band, with him as captain.

The lower legs were brought over from my original Self-MOC. I just loved the design too much to change it. It’s based around a Rahskhi body.

Unfortunately, to get the look I wanted, I had to sacrifice torso articulation ;-;.

The Wood Guard, Kilan’s original Toa Tool when he first became a Toa. All other weapons of his were looted.

The Protosteel Weather-bo was taken from the corpse of a Toa of Lightning. It allows Kilan to have extremely limited control over lightning (ie: tiny thunderbolts, etc.)

Kilan wears an Arthron that is shaped like a Kanohi Rau. Useful for pirating.

Ah, how Technic beams solve everything :slight_smile: .

The Dagger and Pistol were more for display only, which is why he looks so goofy holding them.

Weaponless.

His custom face. It’s a commonly-used design.

Okay, so, in case you were about to ask:

-The black is meant to be additional armor not part of his original transformation into a Toa. Think of it as boots and a jacket-sorta thing.
-The Wood Guard was made because I wanted to put mo’ green on Kilan. It ended up working out okay, I think.
-He looks like he has anime-hair, I know. My hair is actually quite long and messy irl, I was trying to show that in Kilan.
-The Rau was used because of a joke between some of my irl friends and I. We all believed it was one of the most Asian-looking masks, and seeing as I’m half Asian, we thought it would be funny.

Cool, so Millsy is officially back into MOCing! C n’ C always welcome! Thanks for viewing!

35 Likes

nice

Though the torso and shoulders look funny, otherwise a nice and solid self moc!

2 Likes

We were talking about this yesterday on Skype!

Anyhoo, looks great! The build is quite solid, and torso articulation is unnecessary, by all means.

2 Likes

Very nice and original moc. It’s great to see such a lovely Toa. I especially like those lower legs!

1 Like

the lower arms feel a bit short, and skinny,
the shoulder armor reminds me of edward kenway, considering they’re both pirates it fits,
that custom head is unsettling without a mask.

3 Likes

The Eddie Kenway thing was deliberate.

I sorta agree with the lower arms, but i wanted that size 3 green armor there. Any other arm design made the arms too long. I figured it was better to be too short than too long.

I like it, and it pulls off the pirate look very well. Great self-moc.

1 Like

Seems like that would end out not-so-well. Folks would come up to him and expect him to understand their language all the time. :stuck_out_tongue:

This moc is very much to my taste. I always like use of different colors/textures in mocs to symbolize different types of armor, clothes, etc., and that’s been executed pretty well here. It gives him the look of having been through more than your average Toa.

The forearms are a bit lackluster though; I feel like you really could improve on them. Additionally, there are some spots on him where I think the rough technic textures seem a bit messy. It’s a very minor thing, but I think it would be optimal for you to add a couple smoothish armor pieces in a couple places(namely, the inside of the legs).

Overall, he’s a decent moc with a well expressed motif. Well done!

1 Like

A pretty good MOC but the hair looks kinda out of place. I also like that arm design.

1 Like

Nicely proportioned, sweet colours and good flow of detail. Excellent photography too. Smashing job all around mate!

1 Like

its very neat and tidy! love the custom head what a mask can actually be put on! to me personally the arms and upper body and too lanky :l but other than that its great!

1 Like

I quite like the design. He looks like he ready for battle but the only turn-offs are the mask and the arms. they look a little low on armor. but I really like the legs…

1 Like

Nice MOC. The weapons look just amazing!

1 Like

it works fine. sure it ends up breaking the connection a bit but not enough for it to ruin

The shredded cape(?) is an excellent addition

For the most part this is really good

Great Moc! I really like the custom head design!