Self-MOC: Tohru the Assassin v1

My new self MOC: Tohru the Assassin

Tohru was once a reputed Fa-Matoran warlord from the southern islands, originating from a small settlement on Artidax. One day, Artidax was invaded by Makuta. The Matoran forces fought back bravely but were defeated. Tohru was almost killed by a shadow bolt but was saved by the quick action of a fellow Fa-Matoran named Angon. After his brush with death, he decided that he did not want to be a fighter anymore, so he left Artidax for good. He eventually settled in Ko-Metru on Metru Nui as a trader. After a few hundred years, he became the richest Matoran businessman on Metru Nui. The Turaga at the time was corrupt and sought to rob him of his wealth. He conspired with the crime lords on Stelt and told Tohru of a supposed business opportunity there. After arriving on Stelt, he was robbed of his money, mugged by the local mafia, and had his boat burned down. They were about to kill him in public. Matoran were watching, and yet no one did anything. In a complete twist of fate, Angon (again) rescued him and brought him to his house on the other side of Stelt. Tohru’s hatred of other Matoran grew as they did nothing to save him. It was this hatred which led other Matoran to suspect his reclusive behavior. They thought he was building a massive weapon for killing Matoran, so they alerted the Toa Hagah of Stelt. They broke into Tohru’s and Angon’s house and captured Angon for questioning. They razed the house to the ground so Tohru will not ever return. Angon was never seen again. Tohru, enraged by his friend’s capture, ran after him. He was pursued by 4 other Toa. He reached a pool of energized protodermis, and fell into it when the Toa of Lightning on the team unleashed a blast of electricity. He emerged from the pool, stronger and bigger than before, crackling with electrical energy. He killed the four Toa with ease and stole their masks as trophies of conquest. The energized protodermis granted him greater control over lightning and magnetism. He fought his way off of Stelt, killing Toa and Order of Mata Nui operatives alike in order to escape. Word of his talent got wind of the Dark Hunters, and the Shadowed One sought to recruit him. Within a short amount of time, Tohru quickly rose up the ranks and proved to be better than the Shadowed One himself. TSO sought to incapacitate him, so he rigged a great Kanohi Shelek to explode and offered it to him. Tohru took it, and his left hand exploded He put it on with his other hand, and fought the Shadowed One one-handed with his Razor Edged Protosteel Sword and narrowly defeated him. TSO, enraged, sent spies to pursue and eliminate him. Tohru narrowly escaped Odina, killing all the spies. He made two energy gauntlets for himself and used them as prosthetics. He decided to head to Stelt to try and find Angon. He killed every single Toa that had crossed paths with him, of which there were five Toa. He later learned that Angon was killed by Svorkin, the Makuta of Stelt. Overwhelmed in grief, he set out to kill Svorkin but was defeated. Pursued by Svorkin, Tohru had to flee Stelt once again and took up residence in Metru Nui in the disguise of an Onu-Matoran using his shapeshifting powers. Under cover of night he would track down and eliminate the members of Toa Dume’s 22 member Toa Team, one by one. At this point he made it his life’s mission to eliminate all the Toa in the MU. Fast forward to Spherus Magna and he would plague the slums of New Atero City as a notorious crime lord, assassinating any Toa he crossed paths with. If one were to pay a visit to his house, they would see so many masks of Toa lined up in glass cages.

Backstory out of the way, here are the MOCs. Enjoy and feel free to comment and give feedback!

Fa Matoran
Kanohi: Powerless Volitak
Tools: Sword and shield

Upgraded
Kanohi: Reforged Great Shelek with scope
Tools: Razor Edged Protosteel Sword, Energy Gauntlets
Powers: Electricity, Magnetism

C&C is appreciated!

19 Likes

Do you guys like this MOC or Skyros better?

Link to skyros’ post: CCBS MOC: Skyros, Mutated Toa of Earth - #2 by The_Blue_Panda

In my opinion this guy turned out better

I also think Tohru came out better, but Skyros is cool as well.

I like the custom torso and overall proportions/posture, pretty unique!

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I also thought too :slight_smile: I’m currently working on a revamp of him, because his torso could use some improvement.

New slideshow out for my self-MOC!

Check it out!