Self-MOC ~ Valerix The GodsDemon

Because I like the game and I just gave them names :P. There is also no point in telling me that you aren’t going to bother reading it. Just don’t read .-.

Too much yes, that is only to get the info out for the first time. Anytime after this should just be normal explaining the MOC. Also Thanks.

Just as long as you give credit anywhere it is posted, otherwise go ahead.

3 Likes

It looks pretty cool, and your definitely a good moccist, but it took me like 10-20 minutes to read the info that doesn’t affect the moc at all

1 Like

I wanted to hint with this on the fact there is too much unnecessary info for this OC.

1 Like

Well, I just like to put as much detail as I can into my OC’s profiles. Unnecessary or not, I like having the information.

2 Likes

The question you have to ask yourself is “Will people even read that?” If the answer to that is no…then do not write it.

And myself the question? No. They don’t have to read that, I put it in there because i felt the need too. Weather someone wanted to read it or not. Oh well

1 Like

I just feel the length of the text hinder something that might seem as interesting/ok character…anyhow, I’m here because the MOC which is essentially good-looking…the head is too big tho.

6 Likes

Considering it’s upsetting or other things. I removed the profile. I thankyou for the compliment and the opinion.

1 Like

by the way…for the profile, go to the Literature section…where it might get appreciated.

1 Like

The MOC looks awesome, but the distribution of Mata red could be better

1 Like

Fantastic MOC! The snake is a clever toung, and that is a big sword! Although, I do believe that you forgot a space and an apostrophe in the name.

Nupe ^w^ I’ve had it spelled that way since I was a wee MOCist so I’m just going to keep it for nostalgia purposes. Also, Thankyou!

Oi! I do agree, I just like the fact that it is mostly his fingers and toes. But I do see where you are coming from. Also thank you.

2 Likes

This guy looks really intimidating… I like the use of the System snake for a tongue. I will say, though, that sword looks like it would be difficult for him to hold up. Also, why the random gold chain on the handle?

1 Like

Believe it or not he can actually hold the sword above his head no problem! The chain is just something I smacked on there. It is suppose to be sort of religious thing that has to do with the Demonic/Angelic combo he has going on.
Valerix is suppose to have silver Angel wings but I have not got around to making them. Thanks for the compliments as well!

2 Likes

The joints in the shoulders, elbows and hips are all too thin, there should be more thickness and solidness to them so that they actually look attached and flow together.

Also the moc is 3edgy5me.

3 Likes

A bit lanky, especially in the neck area, but I like.

1 Like

Which is why I’m confident you won’t steal my job.

cracks knuckles

DISCLAIMER: I only criticize to help improve. I will say that only MOCs that have potential catch my eye for criticism, so you’ve got a head start on other people. That is, of course, separate from the fact that I know one or two people who would say you had the following critique coming to you.

What you’ve got here, Valerix, is a very severe case of trying too hard. Good on you for advancing from simple builds on to more complex designs, but you seem to be stretching the concept of custom builds a bit too far. Literally so, given how the limbs are rather long, and in some cases incredibly skinny.

The color choices and spiked aesthetics make him catch my eye more than a lot of other MOCs. The problem is that those features seem to be rather inconsistent. You have the red highlights prominent on the feet and hands, but hard to see in other places. Having the distribution of the torso and limbs match that of the feet and hands would make him look a bit more imposing. Also, in the process, I’d advise getting rid of the trans orange, it doesn’t really mesh well with the red. Or increase the amount of trans orange and remove the solid red, that could also work. As for the spiked styling, it looks pretty good all around, except for the thighs, back, and upper arms, which more or less look like hodgepodges of pieces thrown together for “customness”. Decreasing the degree of complexity on those body parts to accommodate for the spiked aesthetic would be desirable.

Leading me to the proportions and bulk present on this MOC as a whole. The shins are are skinny as a rail, the thighs are of a decent level of bulk (aside from the aforementioned hodgepodge-ness, the torso is a done well enough but should be toned down a bit to allow the limbs - which are already stretching it as it is - to be proportional to the rest of the body (general rule, hands reach down to mid-thighs.) This could be technically averted, given the title indicates that he may not follow all of human proportion rules. However. If you want to keep up the illusion that the skinniness is purposeful, make sure that the whole of the body part flows together in its level of bulk - which the friction extenders in the hips and shoulders inhibit. Since you likely need the friction extenders to hold up the weight of the MOC, given its size, you’d probably to better to work armor around the hips than remove those extenders - the shoulders, however, could benefit from simply removing them. Actually, you’d be better off reworking the entirety of the shoulders - or just adding on some beefy armor to take attention off the skinny shoulder bones.

The torso is probably my favorite part of this MOC - the spiked ribcage and stylized waist have a lot of potential. The Bohrok eyes and CCBS bones in the abdomen look weird, but you could easily try out how they would look with CCBS shells. Not a fan of the system plates on his shoulders, though - their flatness detracts a lot from the shaping of the ribcage. Head looks okay in some angles and bad in others - but I don’t do a lot of custom head building myself so I dunno how to help you there.

Last thing - the weapon, funnily enough, I find to encapsulate the way I feel about this MOC - overly detailed and complex. That said, it’s not that bad, just should probably the shortened a little and have the out of place gold chain remove.

Well. That about wraps up my thoughts about this. Some cool ideas, some building tropes gone awry. I’m looking forward to seeing where you take this.

(If anyone points out any parts in this critique where I’m not concrete or that sound too vague - PM me and I’ll fix it. I usually make some errors when I’m writing five-paragraph essays)

4 Likes

A’ight Fam.

2 Likes