Selfies

I have, on occasion, photographed myself for the purpose of displaying my decrepit flesh vessel on social media.

It gets more likes than stuff I put actual work into which annoys me.

9 Likes

The only selfie I’ve ever taken:

I fail to see the fun in just taking a photo of yourself unless there’s something special about it. In this case, it was me messing around with the filters on my camera, and it happened to make me look like an Vampire.

~W12~

8 Likes

I never saw the point of it, nor why some find it entertaining.

2 Likes

They find the entertainment in receiving constant attention.

Selfies kind of fuel things like narcissism.

7 Likes

You can be narcissistic without taking selfies… I would know XD.

I mean like taking and posting selfies constantly.

2 Likes

I was just joking… And I do agree with your point.

3 Likes

Ah.

But yeah, there’s a difference between having a picture of me eating a really weird food once and having my entire phone memory filled with random pointless pictures of myself.

2 Likes

I’ve vowed to never take a selfie.

5 Likes

If you take more than…
I’d say one per every few months, and there’s no real purpose to them, you’re asking for attention.

1 Like

Yeah, pretty much.

2 Likes

I expected more people to say they were cancer./s

Anyways they are one of the worst (online spread)things the human race has created

3 Likes

Self picturisation, a much more elegant name.

6 Likes

I move they be called selfotos.

~W12~

1 Like

I move that they be destroyed.

3 Likes

Guys they’re just pictures, in moderation they’re okay

4 Likes

I don’t like selfies, because usually, rather than commemorating a special event (which I’m fine with), they are just used to allow narcissists to post a bunch of pictures of themselves on the internet. I also find they look much less good than if somebody took a picture of you.

It doesn’t help when I’ll go out to eat in China and see a 20-something Chinese woman taking selfies the entire meal. Just constantly. Like, must be 20+ selfies because she’s a narcissist. Or when it happens on a plane, when you can’t even post it.
Plus, they often go with cancerous emojis.

5 Likes

The only times selfies are okay are when cats take them

12 Likes

Only selfie I have ever taken.

14 Likes

You forgot this one :stuck_out_tongue:

22 Likes