Set review 70785 POHATU MASTER OF STONE

So I got more 2015 bonkles, which means more reviews! Yay! smile
Alright, so this time I'll be reviewing set 70785, which contains 66 pieces. The smallest of any toa. Also, this review will skip a few things which I covered in the tahu review, which you can see here: http://board.ttvpodcast.com/t/set-review-70787-tahu-master-of-fire/5093
SIZE COMPARISON, YAY!

Not much to go over her, MOVING ON.

Now for the new/interesting pieces.

So, there's the boomerang piece, which is exclusive to this set. I personally like the look of it but the connection is a bit floppy. (though this may just be mine.)
There's also the trans green limb piece, and the orange/brown (?) shell. I actually really like the look of the trans piece, and I wish there were more of them. As for the orange shell... it's okay. I kinda like the color. And unpictured is the printed chest plate, which I actually really like! (Though I know some people don't like it.) Now onto the Mask/skull spider!

Instead of a skull spider, it comes with a skull scorpion! Which is a nice change.

I actually prefer having a stinger like that, it makes it look cooler.
As for the mask...it looks like the old Kakama, I'll give it that. It does look cool though. NOW ONTO THE SET ITSELF!

Normal set.

With gold mask.

With skull spider.
Okay, so this set get's a lot of hate. Mostly for the simplicity, but I don't really think that's much of an issue. Sure, he doesn't have anything that stands out like Lewa and Gali, but I don't really find that an issue. Though my biggest complaint comes from all the silver. There's just way too much silver, and not enough orange. (?) That, and the pin that connects the two boomerang halves together is very weak, (At least on mine ) As for the armor asymmetry... I actually kinda like it. Except for it not at least having the trans green bone pieces. Also because of the way the dagger storage works, there's no back armor.

Before I end, I should talk about the dual-functionality of the weapons.

So yeah... feet boomerangs. I mean JETERANGS!
I don't really mind the dagger as much as some people, but it really needs something else. Anyway, time for my final sets!

PROS
-Dual weapon functionality
-Trans green bones
-Skull scorpion
-"Hidden" dagger
-Nice printed chestplate

CONS
-Too much silver
-NOT ENOUGH FREAKING TRANS GREEN
-No back armor
-Weak boomerang half connections
-Small dagger

FINAL RATING

7.8/10 Too much silver. (I've used that joke too much.)

REAL RATING

7/10

Next up I'll be reviewing KOPAKA MASTER OF ICE.

5 Likes

how exactly is this a con?

tbh, I will disagree
Silver was intergrated itnto this set quite well

nice review tho.

3 Likes

Whoops, it wasn't the fact that it was small... just that it is kinda bland.
I have no clue why I put it as small.

1 Like

I agree.
Also, his dagger on his back looks like a tail, so I'm not too fond of that.

1 Like

I can attest to the fact that the jeterangs are extremely floppy.

1 Like

This review is officially objectively wrong

-MT

2 Likes

No, it should be:
Pros: trans green
Cons: has trans-green and not trans yellow

What is logic even.

I kinda prefer the trans green instead of yellow.

1 Like

Logic is nothing compared to MT

-Mr. T

5 Likes

I don't like how the pins stick out of the boomerangs, even though it is necessary for the adrenaline mode.

I KNEW IT

I always knew MT was Mr. T

he pitys the fool

5 Likes