Should Lariska be able to wear/use kanohi?

If Lariska’s species are able to use kanohi masks, would that mean her head design should allow for wearing kanohi on her face?

5 Likes

Not really. Vortixx can canonically use Kanohi when the models obviously can’t, so I don’t see why Lariska should need to.

22 Likes

Either way, if theres a model that can wear Kanohi, Im more inclined to vote for it than one that can not

3 Likes

It would for real be cool but there should not really be a mandate for it. I think I’ll vote for mocs with playfeatures like mask wielding though

7 Likes

While I understand the sentiment, I’d likely only vote for a Kanohi-enabled Lariska if it looked good. Most of the Kanohi-enabled ones I’ve seen so far did not look good at all

12 Likes

Well its not my goal to find the worst looking one and vote for it

2 Likes

My position is that the head should look like it can wear a kanohi, I mean, it should have front facing eyes, a regular sized head, not too big, and in general Toa like head proportions, so it would be believable that other Lariska’s species members could use kanohi, even if the MOC cannot.
The most important aspect to me is that Lariska doesn’t wear a Kanohi because she would look lousy on it (in Haakan’s words). So my guess is that whatever her face looks like it should look better without a mask than with it.

5 Likes

hmmm
I can see myself making a Lariska moc that can physically wear kanohi

It would be good for the model to reflect the Greg-given canon, but this shouldn’t be a requirement when 1. other species can wear Kanohi when their toy equivalents can’t, and 2. designing a custom head that can accommodate a mask has a very high chance of looking downright terrible.

15 Likes

Plus Lariska’s “toy equivalent” won’t even be canon.

5 Likes

Making custom heads is hard enough without having to think about a mask attachment feature. Not saying it can’t be done and look cool but not something I would really care for. Plus You could always just swap out the head for a a normal head that can fit a mask if that’s your thing

8 Likes

vortixx, sidorak’s species, barraki, botar, lariska,hydraxon, etc
Many species can use Kanohi,
However, 90% of those released as a set cannot use Kanohi.
(Among the set products of many species except Makuta and Matoran species, Axonn and Brutaka are the only using Kanohi.)

and vezon used olmak even though he didn’t seem to be able to wear a mask physically.
This means that Kanohi can be used regardless of the physical appearance of the set, in canon

Don’t think too hard. It’s just a possibility that can’t be explained by shape.
Just do whatever you want if you want.

8 Likes

I think a mask wielding playfeature is more logical than most others I’ve seen for her, with the exception of dagger throwing.

Can you build a nice looking custom bionicle head to scale that can wear masks?

No.

5 Likes

You could, its LEGO

1 Like

It is somehow possible to wear a Mata mask on a custom head.
in my case,I gave up because of the head’s appearance. It was enough possible.
But it’s really hard to use a mask after 2004. If the width of the head is more than 3L, it is mostly not fit.

4 Likes

Well, mine technically can use kanohi if her headwear is removed, since she just has a standart metru skull with respirator and tubes…

1 Like

Technically any model can wear Kanohi with enough rubber bands.

10 Likes

Scotch tape also works.

8 Likes

I don’t think I would be inclined to vote for one that could just because all of the ways that I’ve seen to get a mask on her head never look good

3 Likes