Should Makuta stay evil or become good

Please dont cut the quote, just dont.

1 Like

What was that? I couldnā€™t hear you. :wink:

No, I genuinely believe that there is a point of no return. A point where someone can become so power hungry, that they wonā€™t be able to come back from itā€¦ no matter how much they WANT to. I myself walk the edge of it, and I know that if I even had a trickle of absolute power, it would consume me for good. I can feel it in myself, the need to dominate and control. Eventually the power makes you so cold, that you donā€™t love again.

Iā€™m not sure I could stomach a ā€œgoodā€ Makuta.Besides, Bionicle is currently lacking in permanent evil villains.

3 Likes

This should probably be in the bionicle categoryā€¦

MODS!!!

Moved Catagory.

~Chronicler

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the twist! Ekimu thinks the MOUP is what made him evil, but in reality, heā€™s just as evil without it.

2 Likes

Now that is a nice theory!

Makuta turns good after ridding himself of the MoUP, but the Toa arenā€™t aware of this.

Thus, shenanigans begin.

And once the Toa actually realize heā€™s good againā€¦ he genocides all the villagers because they still donā€™t like his masks.

I want Makuta to try and turn good, but eventually decide to ultimately stay evil.

~W12~

1 Like

Well, that explains a lot. :sweat_smile:

Since it seem unlikely that I would get the ā€œultimate powerā€, I should be safe, for now. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But I could think of several ā€œcreativeā€ way to use it if I were to have one.

I think itā€™s lacking permanent villains in general. :laughing:

2 Likes

Iā€™m not saying this with extreme confidence, but seeing how BIONICLE G2 has taken many nodes from the Ninjago, it wouldnā€™t surprise me at all that Makuta has chosen the path of Lord Garmaddon.

Again, I own like three sets of Ninjago so Iā€™m not an expert on this but there seems to be general idea that goes even with Chima.

But to start.
There are two brothers, Garmaddon betrays hes brother and turns into this shadowy being and raises an army of Skeletons. Later to unite with his brother in a fight against the Overlord.

The people of Chima fight for the power of the Chi, Laval and Kragger are the greatest enemies and later they unite to fight against the ice-zombie guys.

Makuta and Ekimu are brothers but Makuta betrays Ekimu by creating a powerful mask. Ekimu smacks it off his face and both are sent into deep sleep, makutaā€™s body possibly has been shattered or decayed and he could be alive only in spirit. And he raises an army of Skeletons.

I think itā€™s pretty obvious Makuta will turn on the good side and the true evil is Mask of The Ultimate Power.

Iā€™d personally like to see this Makuta be more of a Sauron type character, where heā€™s always a background character, and has his life force tied to the Mask of Ultimate Power.

Having a G1 Background, Iā€™d say he should stay evil. Becoming good or redeeming himself just wouldnā€™t fit his character in my opinion. I would welcome a good Makuta turning evil backstory for him, but no, at this point, he should stay evil.

And on the topic of the backstory, with the new G2 mechanics (Male/female/child villagers for all elements) I would like to see Makuta and Ekimu be; brothers in a village with a different element type maybe light (harkening back to G1 slightly); friends in a age where Ekimu (Light element) and Makuta (Non-evil/not-yet-corrupted Shadow element) became friends, learned smithing in a type of academy(?), Makuta was better but Ekimu had more natural skill that showed itself later on in life, then Makuta got jelous and made the mask that turned him evil.

What do ya think?

2 Likes

I like the Av-Matoran idea but I donā€™t like the idea of Makuta being shadow. Iā€™d like it better if They were both light and Makuta just became corrupted.

1 Like

I was just throwing something out there and was kinda hoping for some feedback! So Thanks!

1 Like

i think makuta should stay evil , it isnt really like bionicle to have a good makuta

1 Like

Before Nexo Knights i would have said that this Makuta should be redeemable - with him being controlled by a dark entity that resides inside the Mask Of Ultimate Power. However then Nexo Knights appeared and used that idea with the Book Of Monsters.

As such Iā€™m not really seeing much to go for either way;

• The reason for him breaking the deal was just to be acknowledged as much as Ekimu, this on its own is redeemable and his actions while wearing the Mask Of Ultimate Power can be written off as accidental due to the power of the mask.
  • On the otherhand if Makuta is redeemable then thatā€™d be rather anti-climactic after three years of storyline unless another villain is around to be shown pulling the strings. Having Makuta appear in a villainous form with the MoUP and then to have him be convinced to turn good would be difficult to pull off.

###Best solution Iā€™d say is the following;
Makuta was good but jealous of his brother, Ekimu. He makes the Mask Of Ultimate Power to prove himself as Ekimuā€™s equal, however loses control over the mask due to the elements being too strong. Its revealed he needed the Mask Of Control to help forge the elements, while Ekimu lacked the creative ideas without the mask of Creation - Makuta lacked the control over his ideas without the Mask Of Control.

Makuta is defeated by Ekimu, however even in his defeated weakened state he is now addicted to the power of the MoUP. After many attempts to recreate it by stealing the Mask Of Creation, reclaiming his Mask Of Control or sacrificing elemental creatures to forge it again - he eventually reclaims the original.

Putting it on he becomes insanely powerful, however his power is too great even for him and he eventually starts to lose control - becoming a creature of pure rage, darkness and anger (Unable to speak) His power outburst causes the island to begin to fragment, splitting apart. The Toa fight bravely, however are clearly too weak. Makuta slices at the Toa with a large blade protruding from his hand - he almost hits Tahu however Kopaka jumps in the way being mortally wounded.

Tahu acknowledges Kopaka as his equal and promises him that he can be the leader now, though Kopaka sadly dies in Tahuā€™s arms. Fueled by rage, Tahu and the remaining Toa attack along with an army of protectors, creatures and islanders. They manage to distract Makuta enough to get his focus away from Ekimu so that Ekimu can use his mask to communicate telepathically with Makuta.

Ekimu manages to talk to his brother, convincing him to snap out of it. Makuta in a moment of clarity realises he has to destroy the Mask - unable to remove it he fights against the masks power and throws himself into the midst of the protodermis volcano mirroring ā€˜Mask Of Lightā€™ with the pool, seemingly killing him.

The Toa mourn the loss of Kopaka while Ekimu mourns the loss of his brother.

====

He could then either die a hero or return as a villain in future, or survive as a hero and have the MoUP create a body for itself as the main villain.

It would tie the years together, give an emotional and powerful end to one of the Toa, give a redemption to the villain while also justifying their actions, etcā€¦

3 Likes

He should stay evil, but itā€™s pretty obvious that he wonā€™t, hence the ā€œkid-friendlyā€ road Lego is taking. And this time it wasnā€™t Antidermis, but a mask that made him evil.

1 Like

If they do go down the road of bad guy to good i would like a part where he hurts ekimu and then believes heā€™s dead then becomes pure evil/hate/destroyer but then ekimu comes back and stops makuta.