Signs That One Is New To The LEGO Hobby

I do it all the time, and I don’t mind it at all. :smile:

I build on the floor. :smile:

1 Like

Yeah. I prolly have scars on my feet and in my soul from stepping on Lego pieces. and I build on the floor as well, yet I am not a newb to the hobby, I have been into lego most of my life.

Anywho, someone is a newb when they do not know what galador is.

2 Likes

When someone claims to have a ton of knowledge about building and then presents you with a MOC with zero color coordination and stuff tacked on “because the parts looked cool.”

4 Likes

That’s one of the easiest dates to remember. You should at least appreciate some of LEGO’s history.

coughThat includes some board members cough

2 Likes

It kind of depends on the Builder. While studs may be unappealing to some, I personally don’t mind if I see them or not.

This all the way. Size, in the end of the day, doesn’t matter. The build on the other hand, does.

What about Cloud Cuckoo Land MOCs? :laughing:

Finally, someone who understands. :relieved:

3 Likes

I can understand appreciating history, but you can’t claim that someone must know this. Especially since some people just straight up don’t like Minifigs, or even system. It’s incredibly rude.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say he was forcing her to know it. It’s just that for a System LEGO Fan, the year the Minifigure was released is kinda nice to know. :wink:

1 Like

I dunno, his tone seemed pretty forceful.

See what I mean?

2 Likes

Yeah. I see what you mean.

Ok, listen, in my family we were introduced to legoS before we could talk, I myself being the youngest of six am 18 and have been into LEGO for well over a decade now and EVEN I don’t know when the first mini fig came out. Of course I was never really into mini figs…

2 Likes

Point taken.

I could see history and stuff becoming more important in the stage between not-quite-amateur fan and diehard FOL.

One sign in particular is when someone starts to paint their minifigures instead of buying others ones.

I mean, c’mon guys. There are plenty other faces you can get in other sets besides just scratching the ink off and putting a new face on it.

4 Likes

Maybe they don’t have the money to buy brand new sets, or can’t find the face they need.

1 Like

Wut is… “SNOT?”

Studs Not On Top
I swear if this is a joke you’re gonna lose some of your favourite toes…

1 Like

When someone calls HF figs “Bionicles”
Aaaand just generally pluralizing singulars ie “legos” and “bionicles”.

The fandom shudders, my mother… must I use terminology that should never be repeated?

3 Likes