Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard Silver-Gold-BRONZE Toa Hagah!

Second attempt at this, here is my grand unveiling of my six Toa Hagah:

Toa Bomonga

Entry Photo- Bomonga:

Toa Gaaki

Entry Photo- Gaaki:

Toa Pouks

Entry Photo- Pouks:

Toa Kualus

Entry Photo- Kualus:

Toa Hagah

I give permission to the admins of the Toa Hagah Canon Contest to adjust/alter mask type (G2 to G1) and spear tip size, as well as head/eye type (G2 to Toa Metru G1) to fit the rules of the contest. However, I would request that armor color not be altered, as I specifically would like my Toa Hagah, in the interest of uniqueness, to be split 2-2-2 into gold, silver, and bronze types.

For Toa Pouks specifically, I recognize that his spear tip may well meet the standard for disqualification, so I grant permission for his spear tip to be altered and assumed to be ONE piece rather than multiple, as though I had 3D-printed a similar weapon (which I could not). If he is disqualified, I’ll go back and enter him again with a new (but probably not as cool) weapon.

I give consent for my mask to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (Yes/No)
I give consent for my metallic color choice to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (Yes/No)
I give consent for my spear tip to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (Yes/No)

18 Likes

I like these, because few physical Hagah have copper in their color schemes.

And also because of all the trouble you went to to get these here

5 Likes

Thanks a lot bro! I had great help, just glad I was able to offload this project after 14 months at it! I wanted to be creative in the event there ever was a canon contest… no one said they ever had to be just silver and gold, and with metallic Sharpies coming in the three colors it gave me an incredible idea… plus, black and white pair extremely well with bronze, I learned. I hope my post is presented in such a way as to warrant attention, I may go back as I learn more about the site, edit it, and make it more attractive for more votes!

1 Like

Yup I like these. They look good. I understand how hard making these was.

I dont think Pouks would be DQ`d.
I would recommend using this
I give consent for my mask to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (Yes/No)
I give consent for my metallic color choice to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (Yes/No)
I give consent for my spear tip to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (Yes/No)

for the change permissions but other than that only an Entry Photo for each Hagah is missing.

Also what happend to the photo quality on the groupshots did you use another camera?

Thanks, I included that. I just thought he would be since it looked like the rules required a single spear tip piece.

I guess the camera just altered because there was too much to focus on. It’s an iPhone 7S so not the best. The black background did really well but out in the open my photos start to suck lol.

1 Like

Ah ok

Yeah that means top and bottom tip is forbidden.

Jup looks a lot cleaner now.

Ah good you also added entry photos- great

1 Like

Little late to the party but great job! Kualus is my favorite!

Would you mind divulging the painting process you used for the bronze?

1 Like

Well what may surprise you is that its not even paint at all, but metallic Sharpie! This is normally a cardinal sin in the recolor world, but it doesn’t have to be… you just have to know how to be an artist and how to paint/stroke properly! Don’t just take the Sharpie and start squiggling around, as this will make an ugly mess, but be artful with the strokes.

Now, there is a catch. You have to take care of your final product, since Sharpie is likely more prone than paint to fade or be rubbed off (I’ve never used paint, so I don’t know). Sharpie sells packs of Gold, Silver, and Bronze, and I think this may have actually ignited my idea to make my Hagah this three-way color scheme. You should get the large size as well as a smaller size, to be able to ‘paint’ large areas and small ones too.

Another catch is, unlike paint immersion either by spray paint or whatever other methods exist, is that the Sharpie will not be able to reach all surfaces. There will be narrow spaces it cannot reach, and in fact the pressing in to try and reach these spaces will destroy your Sharpie. Your Sharpie will be able to handle maybe 1.5 Hagah before being ‘destroyed’. But, paint is way more expensive, at least spray paint is.

Fun fact- I did the same thing for Kualus’s torso since for whatever reason you just cannot find white Toa Metru torsos on Bricklink! They are very scarce and tend not to be in America, at least that’s how it was when I made these last summer. So, I used a white Sharpie, but this is actually acrylic paint in disguise as a ‘Sharpie,’ so be careful! These are even more delicate to use, but the bleeding of the paint actually can flow down into hard-to-reach places and cover area that the Sharpie on its own could not. To this day, I still don’t have nor can I find any white Toa Metru torsos!

4 Likes