Site breaking?

I do believe we had those before.

Huh. Well what about :hatching_chick: and :hatched_chick:?

1 Like

Definitely haven’t seen those around.

We did?

All of my “Plural’s Quick Reviews” Could’ve had Mixel Eyes. :cry:

1 Like

Yep. We have like a million emoji that we never use.

3 Likes

like? :kimono: and :boar:

Yah; We basically only use :cry:, :wink:, :stuck_out_tongue:, :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:, :laughing:, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, :smile:, and so on and so forth.

Basically we use any emoji that doesn’t look stupid.
The stupid ones are:
-any cat ones
-any animal ones
-all of them

1 Like

:cat2: u wot m8

:ox: Moderator Ox says MOOOVE along and get back on topic.

Oxen being a variation of cows.

2 Likes

aight, so why did the site need update?

It was a mandatory update. It was something the provider just decided to do without any warning. TTV had no control over when it was going to happen.

1 Like

wait

why? could have gave warning like jesus, why not use a website builder instead of a provider

Every website is updated, all the time. The difference between our forums and a social media site like Facebook or Twitter, is that there are hundreds of people working on them at all times, with millions of dollars going into it to make sure those updates are made as seamless as possible.

Updates are important to make sure everything is working properly. Things break, especially when you have hundreds of people using it all at one time. It causes a lot of stress and often times things will stop working because of it.

We have to update the site regularly to make sure it’s running efficiently and it does everything we want it to do. If we don’t, it will stop working entirely. Some updates are purely for cosmetic reasons, most are not. And just because something looks different doesn’t mean it was changed for the sake of change.

With that said, there are levels of development that go into this site, and those levels are handled by different people.

The software is created by one group of people. They’re the ones who developed how the site runs, functions, and behaves. They’re also the people who make updates to their software when they deem it necessary.

Our service provider handles the servers. Guess what, websites don’t just exist on thin air! They’re actually stored on big machines that need to be maintained. The service provider takes the software that we want and installs it onto their servers. They are then responsible for updating the software whenever the developers have made changes to it.

Once they have the server with the software set up, we come in and make it look pretty, report bugs whenever they happen and manage what actual content is on the site (Such as rules, posts, images, emails, data).

We, as TTV, have no control over the actual software or the servers our website is based off. And that’s how it is for every website except for corporate sites built from the ground up. We can’t predict when updates will go live for this site, so we have to wait until they are live and then fix things as they happen.

6 Likes

next time re add the little chat bubble icon. it was great

1 Like

Why? I like this one better.

it doesn’t need to be with your profile picture it’s confusing for new members

Don’t see how it’s confusing for new members. If it’s the first time seeing it for them, they should get the hang of it. Now, for older members I can understand the confusion.

2 Likes

it took me 20 mins after the update to find the notifications.

Right, but you’re not a new member, now are you? You’re a normal member, so that backs up my claim.

2 Likes

Because I associate notifications with the chat bubble.

Also I miss little Timmy the chat bubble