Six Heroes, One Destiny

These are the best Mata revamps I have ever seen.

1 Like

Brian (Lalam24) and I have chatted about this before. We both came up with very similar ideas pretty much entirely independently of one another around 2012 - his initial executions were a lot better than my early tries (my older versions of this build have far worse proportions). I didnā€™t get this together until 2015. I remain very impressed with his work, but this project has been entirely my own.

1 Like

Oh dude sweet

1 Like

At first I thought these were the original sets
These are surely one of the best toa Mata revamps I have ever seen

1 Like

Amazing work! The flexibility is incredible, while still retaining the appearance of the originals.

One suggestion for Lewaā€™s left arm: if you have any of these in this color, they might work better. Technic, Liftarm Thin 1 x 4 - Axle Holes : Part 32449 | BrickLink

1 Like

I have a couple, and I did consider using them, but because I went with red on Tahu, white on Kopaka, black on Onua, and blue on Gali, I figured it would be best to go with green on Lewa to keep uniformity

1 Like

I canā€™t say anything that hasnā€™t already be said, let it suffice to say these are absolutely amazing.

1 Like

I appreciate the positive feedback :slight_smile:
Tightening those gaps was a major difficulty in the design process, and it does mean that the final product is a touch flimsy, but Iā€™m very satisfied with the final result

Thanks for the feedback :smile:
I just couldnā€™t fit gear functions in and maintain poseability at this scale :frowning:

Edited for double post. --John Smith

1 Like

saw this on facebook page and still asking for instruction

Simply incredible. The details and parts usage is simply glorious, and the body builds really help with the character.

Now hereā€™s my question: can they Kiata?

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:
Iā€™m glad theyā€™ve got such a positive reception.
Interesting you should ask about Kaita. I havenā€™t tried it, but theoretically they should be able to form something similar to the original Kaita, because all the limbs and bodies are designed to have the same connecting points as the original moulds. Now youā€™ve got me tempted to give it a goā€¦

2 Likes

Very impressive. My favorite has to be Lewa. But why only golden kanohi?

Do it! Do it! Do it!

I would love to see this

1 Like

Because they are flashy and look amazing.

1 Like

Fair enough.

Basically because the project kind of started as a stand for my golden Kanohi :stuck_out_tongue:
But equally, because Iā€™m presenting them at the pinnacle of their power before they became Nuva

2 Likes

Ahh I see.

Lewa was my first, but Gali is definitely my favorite. Amazing revamps btw. The legs look very ā€œbulkyā€, should I say, which is how youā€™d expect them to look.

Super accurate, and pose able, but they look a bit awkward

Yeah, I wanted to bulk the legs up a bit compared to the very flat originals.

Yeah, thatā€™s something of an inevitability when building off the style of the original. I mean, a faithful revamp on the Inika would give them monkey arms

2 Likes