Skylar Flak (HF Drop Ship Guy) -HFFebruary

“Eh, don’t sweat it; nobody ever remembers the pilots, anyway.”

Here’s a little something to celebrate HFFebruary; when I realized that the unnamed Drop Ship pilot from back in 2010 (which also happens to be the Brickset.com Random set of the day) never got an official character profile, I decided to revamp him taking heavy inspiration from @BobTheDoctor27’s HF builds. Introducing: Skylar Flak!

I believed he’s referred to once on the HF wiki as ‘Sky Blue,’ but that name is bad imo :crazy_face: Flak is also a reference to a clone Jet Trooper from Republic Heroes, who also inspired Flak’s snarky and somewhat cynical personality.

As a member of the Hero Factory’s Aero Division, Flak is a lightly armored flight technician who spends much of his time on the sidelines working on his Drop Ship or engaging in routine patrols, as pilots are in little to no demand thanks to many teams having competent pilot training for at least one member.

Of course, in addition to his specialized flight training, Flak is trained in standard Hero combat procedures. He carries a small concussion carbine, preferring its light weight and considerable firepower to the more specialized weapons of other Heroes.

Let me know what you think of him!

27 Likes

There are a lot of small design choices that make this look cooler than a standard hero factory hero.

Nice work!

4 Likes

Thank you! A lot of the credit goes to BtD for the things like tire filling and slopes over the joints, but the rest is me trying to determine how the original guy would look as a specialized pilot, which is where things like the metallic silver greeblies come in.

1 Like

Pretty neat. I like the level of detail–just enough to accentuate and differentiate this build from being generic. I also like the personality you created. This doesn’t have anything to do with Brickset’s Random Set of the Day today, does it?

1 Like

I figured the pilots of the HF were probably overshadowed by the more infantry- or covert-ops bots, so that would more than likely annoy someone who takes pride in their skills but receives no assignments or credit.

…what would give you that idea? :sweat_smile: Yeah that did actually have something to do with it, that’s how I got talking with a couple people about the set, to begin with.

Thanks for your thoughts!

1 Like