There’s no party like a smashing party
So for everyone not aware, we’ll be holding an online Super Smash Bros Wii U tournament over the summer in a similar fashion to the one we held over the winter. Unlike last winter, though, where I basically was responsible for making the ruleset myself, I’ll be taking suggestions as to what the default rules should be. If you think you might participate and have an idea, comment, suggestion, or you simply want to let me know that I’m a tryhard again, feel free to do so here.
With that said, there are a few things that are not up for debate. Don’t even bother trying to suggest against these as they will not be changed
- Matches will be either 2 or 3 stock. You can suggest one or the other, but we’re not doing less than 2 or more than 3
- Matches will either be best of 3 or best of 5. You can suggest one or the other, but we’re not doing less than 3 or more than 5 (though we may do both at varying points)
- Super Mario Galaxy is staying banned, @Indigogeek. Accept it and move on. In fact, all stages that permanently have a walk off are banned
- With the exception of a possible ban on repeated ledge grabbing (which I’m willing to consider), there will be no bans on various styles of play. If someone’s playstyle is giving you trouble, it’s your job to figure it out and find a way to deal with it
- If we do end up with time being used in some capacity (along with stocks, it will never be exclusively time), matches that end with a time out will never be decided with sudden death
- There will be no items or stages where you can take damage independently of your opponent dealing it themself/you being close to the boundaries of the KO zone. In other words, nothing like Mute City or Gamer where there are stage hazards that can hurt you
- Fighters that have had their stats edited are banned. With that said, I’m open to allowing Mii Fighters and custom move characters, provided that information on those are given out ahead of time
That’s all for now. Get suggesting!