Sokodas set concepts Minifigure design explanations and questions

@Sanokal Thanks, for your comment, I hope my questions get some attention, because I think they are really important for future set concepts

@Kardax can’t wait to see what you have planned

2 Likes

@Sokoda, I have been looking into ways to add prints in Simlab Composer and have discovered the program does indeed include a tool specifically for adding decals (which is easy to use and means you can put them on any surface).

Sounds really cool

1 Like

Let’s just say it involves a large door, mo’ wings, Hafu originals and maybe a bear.

Actually some banner art too.

Sounds like an awesome combination

1 Like

I actually made a concept for this in my set pitch (which I mentioned earlier).

Are your designs canon yet?

hey Sokoda, i am planning on a series 2 collection of Rahkshi weapon images, and i was wondering if you could explain what some of the weapons that Guurahk, Turahk, Lerahk and Kurahk are using in this image:

1 Like

Of cause, may of these were befor your weapon concepts, so I just thought what would look cool.
1. Kurahk: His weapon is basically a normal metal staff, but he can use his elemental ice powers to creata whatever blade he wants outof ice
2. Lerahk: He uses what in my mind works like a large poisoned knife (like in your first concept, but larger), thats why he holds it in that way.
3. Guurahk: Because Guurahks element is water, I wanted to do a trident style weapon, but it could also work as a spear by using it the oter way around (with his spike on the end).
**4. Turahk:**For Turahk I was thinking I wanted him to give him a very classic G1 Rahkshi weapon, becaue he is the leader. It’s just a handle with blades on the ends. I think it works for his character, becaues he is a Mangaian warrior and that means he is very skilled in classic melee combat.
You didn’t ask for Panrahk, but I think I should talk about him too^^^. I decided not to give him any weapon, because in my mind al the Rahkshi were transformed in part-rahi, and Panrahk doens’t use any weapons, because he is the most animalistic.

@TridahkMaster No they aren’t. The Toa use the official designs, except for their weapons

2 Likes

A cool idea would be that they were mutated into Yellow rahkshi (completely humanoid but with rahkshi-like heads) and serve the rahkshi.

Also, for korahk, use the design for Onua by opening the file for vorahk’s devourer and Chang it to then save it again as a different file.

Yeah if they decide to make Kurahk an axl-fig, I will re purpose my onua images, but this will limit the poses in which I can show him

I like these unifying designs. And the weapons work well too.

These are all really cool, I love your designs and I think the style works really well and your adaptation of the Toa designs to the Matoran designs look great. One thing I would just like to say (that you’ve probably heard before) is that I really don’t think you should make loads of vehicles, which would essentially make it into Ninjago. That being said I did things like the Motara Caravan and the Naho Boat (rather than Kurakhs Snowmobile or Vorahks Devourer) as they feel much more like something you’d find in BIONICLE rather than LEGO’s generic action themes. Anyway, great work as always.

Really appreciate your comment thats one of the reasons I made this topic to find out what kind of set concepts the community would like to see

I think that there’s been an unintentional trend here. I personally like the idea of snowmobiles, but the more advanced stuff all seems to come from the Rahkshi. Brotherhood science, maybe?

They are paired up with a Great Being, who in G1 designed vehicles, and there’s no Nuparu for the Toa

This is very intresting. But is that a banana at the end of Gali’s weapon? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

@Sanokal , @ToaNoah_Wafflemeister , @ToaKhrazix for future vehicles I could try to make them look more steam-punk and hide the tires a bit, so they look more “Bionicle” or I could try to make them look even more like Rahi, which would fit with them being more a Brotherhood of Makuta thing. What do you think about these ideas

@ToaWeissPepsi108 Yeah its the banana piece at the time I buit Gali for my Naho Boat, I couldn’t find another piece with a similar shape.

4 Likes

this kinda work with my head-canon when it comes to the City of Lightning, as when that city was lost, all of the advanced technological tools and vehicles that were on the island eventually stoped working as they lacked a functional power source, so the Matorans of the current era have then dug up the old technology from the seventh city and thus tried to replicate it in more crude ways, like steam, oil or just rahi powerd. My idea for Brickonicle Nuparu, is one of the many matorans who are trying to replicate the wonders from that lost city.

1 Like

I personally don’t mind such vehicles, but I can understand any misgivings. I reckon we should get the cast’s input on this one; maybe ask Jon directly if the next Brainstorm doesn’t come to a conclusion.