Sovereign: New Age - RP Topic

Hereward mutters something and goes to help Holland. He moves as quickly as the battlefield would allow him, but slow enough as to not trip on potential bodies or smacked by incoming creatures. Once he’s in attacking range, he thrusts the sword forward and gives an upward swing, attempting to slice through the Gore’s throat. As the scythe sword’s sharp edge is on the inside, the motion is almost like snagging the beast with a hook.

Provided the monster is low enough and there’s enough clearance between it and Holland. Otherwise a simply stab into the side of its throat or head will do.

2 Likes

How do you attempt to accomplish this?

It takes a couple seconds to load it, placing a quarrel in the groove and pulling back the cranequin to prime the weapon. Representative Scane seems to understand, and draws two short swords to defend you.

Once it is loaded, you barely have time to react as a Gore swipes down at you. At point blank range, you can’t miss, firing up into its chest and neck. It doesn’t scream, but you hear it hit the ground behind you.

You reload.

The appendages remind you of thorns, clacking against your axe blades and keeping you from getting too close to the creature. It otherwise seems unable to move, however. It lets out a nearly imperceptible scream again.

You are able to plunge your weapon into the creature’s neck, killing it almost instantly.

2 Likes

“With me!” Callen yells to Scane as he tries to make his way to Iosif and the Gore carrying him, trying to keep Gores off himself and Scane while trying to shoot down the target Gore without risking Iosif’s safety.

2 Likes

The Verdant Paladin throws one of his axes at the creatures hideous head, mostly as a distraction but still with the intent to hit. The axe glances off the creatures head, creating another cut, but not a very deep on. He fends of another blow from the appendages while he opens his seed pouch and grabs another seed. He starts his chant, this one quickened and not as precise as the last. The vines start to grow in his palm, and as he finishes the chant hoe throws the seed, just has he gets struck on the side of the head by one of the appendages. The strike knocks him off balance and he falls from the ledge, unable to see how effective his spell is.

OOC: the spell is meant to entangle the creature. I hope my battle isn’t to “win more” so to speak.

1 Like

Ooc: By impaling it with the grappling hook and pulling out of the sky.

Kanei slides to a halt next to Callen, “What’s the plan?” He asks spotting the fancy crossbow and readying his grappling hook
@BlackBeltGamer98

3 Likes

“We need to get Iosif to safety!” Callen says, “without hurting him.”

(Presume he is still trying to fend off Gores)

3 Likes

“I’ll impale it with my Hook and we’ll pull the thing down together.” Kanei began swinging his hook preparing to bring down the gore “sound good?”

4 Likes

Callen got a smile on his face, “Do you trust me?” He asks Kanei.

OOC: meme strategy anyone? Also, how drunk is Kanei?

3 Likes

“If it means saving the kid? Yes I do trust you.”

Slightly

4 Likes

:smiling_imp:

Callen looks at the Gore then at Kanei before he grabs the warrior and tries to hurl him at the creature.

OOC: can I get a “Yah-YEET!!!”?

3 Likes

Kanei, you are flying through the air towards the Gore and Iosif.

Iosif, you see Kanei flying through the air towards you.

3 Likes

Ooc got you covered man.

Ic: Kanei let’s out a shout the noise was comparable to a “Yagh jeet!”

Kanei thinks fast and tries to anchor himself to the gore with his Hook. “How’s it hanging kid?” He jests

3 Likes

You are falling through the air, at least 40 feet off the ground, and that number is shrinking fast. You have your axe still.

You are able to grab onto the Gore’s wing, causing it to immediately buckle under the weight, its altitude decreasing rapidly. Just before it threatens to crush both you have Iosif against the ground, it drops Iosif with a screech, and immediately launches itself directly upwards.

The other Gores are behaving in a similar manner, launching themselves up and away into the darkness.

2 Likes

Callen, upon seeing the mass exodus of monsters, tries to shoot down as many of the Gores as he can, reloading quickly after each bolt flies from the crossbow.

3 Likes

Kanei grabs the rope attached to the grappling hook and slides down it hoping to get lower to the ground so he doesn’t break too many bones, before judging the how high up he is.

3 Likes

“Use the hook to try and slow your descent by driving it into something!” Callen yells as he now is running to try and catch up to them to attempt helping the two reach the ground safely.

3 Likes

Kanei, are you still holding onto the Gore after it dropped Iosif?

3 Likes

Yes. I’m guessing he’s not too far up?

“Little late for that!” Kanei begins swinging hoping that the constant shaking will

A. Slow the gore’s ascent

B. Allow him to execute a roll once dropping

2 Likes

Callen is now booking it to try and intercept Iosif as he falls, he tries to find a good gap to jump towards the boy and act as a brake to slow their descent so they don’t end up going splat upon reaching the ground.

He also tries to shoot down the Gore Kanei is hooked to.

2 Likes

Iosif has hit the ground. The Gore was pulled down by the added weight, and dropped him to stay aerial. He was only a few feet off the ground when he fell.

At this point in time, yes. You’re about 4-5 feet off the ground.

2 Likes