Elite Warrior: Special Forces Skrall (Legendary Edition)

Presenting Special Forces Skrall

Showcase >

Instructions >

Next MOC>

The MOC is based on a Skrall in a comic panel from PaperCutz exclusive “All Our Sins Remebered” comic (seen below, furthest on the right). I wanted to keep to original as mush as possible all while trying to integrate it into the general Skrall design.

AOSR_Skrall_Marching

I also wanted to try to make it a “half titan” per say, with a more custom torso than standard Inika builds, but not crossing the line of full titan build. With some pretty generic limbs so it doesn’t feel out of place next to Skrall, Stronius or Tuma.

The spear was probably the hardest part, as I again wanted to stick to the source material and make it seem like a weapon Skrall would use.
And of course as all 2009 based sets go, he has a thornax and game dial.

62 Likes

Huh, I didn’t know that the helmet was based off an official drawing.
Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 12.20.58 PM

Anyway, I think your moc looks really excellent!

9 Likes

This is very fantastic Building! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
as You said, this is so looks like in the comics, and I LOVE that spear!
(I think that many Skrall-Weapon are looks like “Heavy-and-strong Weapon”, even their sword. other two are Crub(Stronius) and Boardsword(Tuma). and This looks heavy-spear or lance!)

Really NICE WORK! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :blush: :blush: :blush:

3 Likes

Lol I always thought those marching soldiers were Skakdi… Oh well.

Wait, where can I find this helmet?

Galva’s Parts pack for Stud.io.
Just search “Skrall”

Do I search for it on the site or the program?

Very cool design! Great Job!!

1 Like

*I have a Windows system, so this is how I do it, for other systems I’ll have to refer to the reddit post below, as I just don’t know how to.

So if you don’t have Galva’s parts pack, you’ll have to download it here: VootCaboot's Stud.io Parts - Google Drive
(There’s a few others here too if you’re interested)

Then you have to extract the files and add them into Stud.io’s “Custom Parts” file folder.

Users>Your User Name>Appdata>Local>Stud.io

Instructions on how to do all this specifically are in the comments section of this post (Kingsidorak explains it all, second comment down. It’s also where you can get the Biopack, same implementation method).

Then boot up/restart Stud.io and look in the “Custom Parts” tab on the left side of the program.

(Click “Master” and you’ll get a drop down menu with different options)

Then you should have all kinds of new parts!
If you need any more help, just send me a DM, I’ll be glad to help.
TLR

2 Likes

An excellent MOC! I especially love how you were able to emulate the spear so well. And that you designed it to fit in with other sets of the time is the icing on the cake for me.

1 Like

Interesting MOC, but could look better if you’ll use some better color

You can try “Metallic” colors for pearl parts and “Translucent” for head (has shiny effect but keeps part’s detailing visible) if you want to take the best from the vanilla Stud.io, or you can try my mod to get some really nice stuff

Oh wow, that’s awesome. I wish we had gotten that instead of Stronius. This is what I would assume a “Special Forces” would be. Stronius and the others strike me as just “Brutes”.

1 Like

Yo Sayger’s designs were always the most creative. Most of the special kanohi were based on his drawings over other artists’.

Super cool moc. The technic chest seems really neat and I’d like to see how that all fits together. The armor looks really good, I like how you accented the shoulder inika feet pauldrons with the black Bohrok eyes

3 Likes

Amazing!

Woah, thats a great take on it. I love seeing things from the comics get turned real