Star Wars: Stranded on Zoma V - Sign Ups (OPEN)/OOC Chat

Yeah that probably is the more sensible explanation the more I think about it.

5 Likes

Let me make 10:
Wakanda Forever ------> FOR THE REPUBLIC!

2 Likes

So to recap:
Buoy, Saddle, and Graphite are all currently at the front of the ship preparing defences.

Duke, Legacy, Rook, and Boomstick are in the armory and currently headed for the rendezvous point.

Tesz, Bravebird, Wannabee, and Quips are currently descending an elevator shaft in search of General Norr.

Viego Norr is MIA, but more than likely still alive, possibly within close proximity to the right bridge.

3 Likes

Correct.

1 Like

So I’m not GM, but

This is Bunnying.

My bad, I didn’t even know there was a proper term for that.

1 Like

I mean, yes it is, but as far as bunnying goes, I’d say this is a pretty critically minor offense. Still, it’s best to avoid.

1 Like

Um, I thought the main issue with that post would be that it’s pretty blatantly an autohit, of sorts. Like playing GM - “we do it and we succeed at it”.

2 Likes

There’s also a little bit of godmodding since you’ve basically said what the end result of the character’s attempted action is with an obstacle GM-controlled - the elevator ceiling giving way, which should be left up to the GM on when or if it relents.

However I’m not one to complain without a solution. Definitely don’t use this word for word, but you could try something like this:

st*upid son of mine and his typing faster and intelligence and ugh smh smh

1 Like

That’d definitely be the bigger issue here imo, and yeah what Ghid said would have been better, but honestly, in this particular case it’s a tiny thing and not something to worry about. Part of the RP learning experience.

2 Likes

Also, whether or not there was a metal beam to find should be a GM thing as well. But I just needed an excuse to quote the rp how to topic in more ooc topics so it looks like it’s being used obviously nobody’s gravely offended by this; it’s very inconsequential and is helping us attain even more writing power.

Prowess. I said prowess.

2 Likes

In all fairness, I made it clear that Bravebird was going to help Quips, and it would’ve been rather clunky to write Bravebird’s perspective on the exact same action, as your solution implied:

So, I suppose that I gave permission to @Brickbot99 to have my character act.

cough

5 Likes

@TheMOCingbird I’m thinking Mr. Boom-Boom should have at least a little something for close combat. You good with him grabbing that pistol?

2 Likes

That’s fine by me.

1 Like

could it be assumed that Duke’s group is approaching the back end of the hangar by now?

1 Like

Yeah, we’re coming up on it. And sorry for the slowness of posts lately, I just don’t want one group getting too far ahead of the other ones. I’m still trying to figure out timing like that.

3 Likes

Would it be better for me to write Graphite’s action now, or after you resolve Saddle’s throw? I don’t want to move things so fast that we collectively autohit.

2 Likes