Star Wars: Stranded on Zoma V - Sign Ups (OPEN)/OOC Chat

While I still want the norm for anyone else looking to join to be a clone, I’ll make an exception here. You could play a medical droid, an astromech (I’d let you say that it was heavily modified to speak basic that way your dialogue would be more than just “beep-boop”), or a protocol droid.

Alright then, Boomstick is accepted.

1 Like

But of course! We’re clones! We’ve got to watch for those wrist rockets! :stuck_out_tongue:

I had considered doing a clone artillery trooper, but went for something else.

2 Likes

Just like the simulations taught you.

2 Likes

Is this late or early clone wars?

And if late can we expect to kill a Jedi at some point?

we’re supposed to have phase II gear, so its at least the second half.

Well, darn guess I have to join now.

2 Likes

Droid Model: Modified 2-1B Surgical Droid

Nickname: Wannabe (after the 1B in 2-1B. He hates this)

Appearance: Wannabe is slightly bulkier than the average 2-1B surgical droid, having significant upgrades to his exterior plating for damage resistance. The extra arms are stored in his thighs for ease of access, and he wears a full set of Jedi robes to act as a decoy in case of ambush. His gripping hand is visibly modified for ease of holding firearms.

Specialty/Abilities: “Are you the sniper, heavy, or maybe the engineer of the group? Try to keep in mind what other character’s have been made, and try to fill a need where you see one. A squad would be sunk with three gunners and no medics!”
-winger apparently
Wannabe is an expert with medical capabilities and immediate first aid. However, he is limited by the fact that he has next to no supplies, operating only on the good faith that whatever’s in the atmosphere won’t enter the bloodstream and kill whoever he’s operating on. For smaller medical mishaps, he is practically useless.
He is also a near-perfect shot, with limitations. Namely, his sardonic approach to everything means he will not bother attempting anything unless the probability of success is very high. If his target is lined up perfectly, but the ramifications of eliminating said target mean alerting the surrounding forces to his position, he will not attempt any alternate plans and simply give up. He needs constant orders to act in scenarios where a judgement call needs to be made.

Weapons/Equipment: Wannabe comes with four forearms: modified gripping hand for ease of holding firearms, hypodermic syringe with full compartment of anesthetic, cutting saw, and extendable needle-nose tweezers for shrapnel extraction. He keeps two arms present at all times and can swap them effortlessly, storing the extra pair in thigh compartments.
He also wields a DC-15A blaster carbine to great efficiency, due to being a machine with programming to be an excellent shot. However due to the limitations in movement he is physically incapable of wielding anything longer than that, since the weight displacement would mess with his calibration. As well, he is an expert shot with the DC-15A carbine and the DC-15A carbine only, as the differences in weapon recoil, size, and aiming does not compute with his programming, and he would be firing expecting the same results from the DC-15A blaster carbine.
He also wears a set of Jedi robes in the likelihood that, faced with overwhelming opposition, he would be utilized as bait to protect the Jedi general Viego Norr. His legs have been modified for increased locomotion capabilities, allowing him to - if considerably awkwardly - keep up with the high-octane antics of a Clone team on the move.

Personality/Weaknesses: Wannabe is something of a racist. 2-1B surgical droids are exceptionally intelligent, and Wannabe’s involvement with war programming has lead him to be nihilistic in his philosophy. Since most other droids are not programmed with his level of intelligence, they should not be treated with the same respect or care that more intelligent droids like himself receive.
Furthermore, the species that created him must be one of the few apex species in the known universe, since it was able to construct artificial intelligence to such a high degree. Any species exhibiting intelligence less than that of his creators must be inherently inferior.
And to top it all off, these Clone Troopers are simply droids - mass-produced machines programmed with specific instructions and created as disposable fodder in a war. They did not deserve respect for their intellectual acumen since they were incapable of reaching the heights of the genuine copy of themselves, being artificial replacements. They were simply organic droids occasionally in need of repair, which he provided. To this extent, Wannabe refers to himself as a ‘mechanic’.
One major weakness for Wannabe is that he does not possess true battle experience, knowing what judgement calls to make in life-or-death scenarios that exceed his basic programming. He also has no visible compassion or even an attempt of such outside of dry sarcasm, which easily puts him at odds with the more emotionally-driven Clones. Being a Droid has certain advantages in Droid-to-Droid conversation, but being a convincing actor also means not badmouthing everyone you come across.

Backstory/Previous Experiences: 2-1B droids are fresh off the conveyor belts, and there is not much trust in a droid performing surgical procedures on anything living. However Wannabe has been tried and tested by the grand army of the republic and modified to be fit for service. Only a small handful of 2-1B droids are currently on active duty, but Wannabe is something of a test to see how a droid of that nature would fair in combat scenario. With a Jedi on board, it should be very easy to ensure the survivability of the machine.
Wannabe has been through hundreds of simulations, but this is the first active combat he has been present in.

4 Likes

So he’s the perfect all-arounder?

3 Likes

yes

3 Likes

Gotta be honest, I really wasn’t expecting that one. This guy looks great, Wannabe is approved.

Alrighty, you’ll probably be the last one to join. I don’t want this squad to get too big, so I think I’ll be closing the sign ups soon.

4 Likes

I’m tired of my characters all being bitter old war veterans and 13 yr olds with depression, so it’s time for some good ol’ fashioned politically incorrect nihilism!

Also, @TheMOCingbird, when do you expect the RP to start? Gonna try and schedule some things to be available.

5 Likes

Not sure exactly, probably a day or so after N01 signs up. Still a couple things I have to get sorted.

1 Like

@N01InParticular

now.

3 Likes

gimme a few gotta handle some school stuff

3 Likes

odd request but ok

4 Likes

LET ME LOG IN DANGIT!

Alright, i’m just gonna hoped that worked

time to start work on that signup.

4 Likes

I’ll be waiting.

5 Likes

CT Number: CT: 7287

Nickname: Rook

Appearance: Rook’s helmet has been painted with the pattern of a castle turret accented by the company colors, and his visor is significantly wider, offering a greater view of the battlefield. His chestplate has been reinforced with an extra layer of plastoid looks something like this.

Edit: his shoulder pads and armor add on have also been painted in the company colors

This armor add on was engineered specifically for protection against melee attacks, however it does a very poor job at accomplishing this.
Specialty/Abilities: Rook is known for his more Close up manner of attacking and is particularly skilled in melee combat, however he remains a somewhat decent shot.

Weapons/Equipment: Rook carries a small combat knife that is strapped down to his chest plate and will later discard for a scavanged commando droid Vibrosword. For his sidearm, he is equipped with a dc-17. Due to his melee fighting style, he naturally has pretty fast reflexes and is pretty light on his feet.

Personality/Weaknesses: Rook is always itching for a fight, and refuses to ever accept defeat. He’s also known for being quite a stickler for rules and regulation and will always follow an order from the generals without question, even if said order directly puts him in danger. Rook prefers melee combat to ranged, and will also seize an opportunity to flex his skills with a blade. Rook is excitable yet very quiet, a habit he’s picked up from sneaking up on his enemies.

Backstory/Previous Experiences: Rook has previously been deployed with this particular Jedi before. On his most recent mission, Rook was able to take out almost three droid platoons with his knife, a handful of EMP grenades and his trusty dc-17, prior to having to request for backup after realizing he was way over his head.

4 Likes

Thanks to the Halo reference I am now going to have difficulty seeing Rook as anything other than an ODST Spartan with Noble 2 colors but while I’m not the gm I noticed something a bit, shall we say, sussy

Very dutiful and yet also toeing the line.
And I’m pretty sure I saw him vent in electrical

4 Likes

Oh shoot I forgot to remove that.

3 Likes