Star Wars: Stranded on Zoma V

Duke scowled beneath his helmet. He tried his comms, but was just greeted with static. “I doubt we’ll be able contact them now. The droids know something capable of killing three vulture droids is out here, and I’d bet they’re sending out a signal jammer for our comm’s right now.”

One or two of the wing-arms were still mostly in tact; everything else was on fire or fractured into a total mess.

“Depends on what they try to throw at us. I’d guess STAPs, which gives us a few good hours, seeing as I’d wager the base itself was a few days walk from our position.” Duke said as he nodded toward the looming mountain in the distance.

He turned to the troopers present. “All right men, last I heard, Bravebird and the Commander were looking for the General. They had orders to get to this rendezvous poin, but there’s no sign of them now.” Duke said, wincing as he leaned against a tall piece of scrap metal.

“In this wreck, they could have died in the rubble, this ship is still unstable, and definitely a hazard.” He paused to think for a moment before continuing. “I’d give them 15 minutes. Then we head out. In the meantime, what am I working with skills wise with you three?” He asked nodding toward Buoy, Legacy, and Boomstick.
(@ajtazt @GoodGuy2006 @wild_toa )

The metal of the elevator’s bottom fell out with a dull thud, and Tesz stepped inside, motioning for the others to follow.

“This thing still looks like it’s on its rails. I say we use them. Just, stand clear of my hands.” She said as she closed her eyes and extended her palms to the hole in the bottom of the lift. She could feel the force begin to call…

A loud creeeak reverberated through the ship, throwing the palawan off balance, but Tesz managed to catch herself on a beam, glancing around nervously before returning to her stance.

Just remember your training Tesz. Master Norr needs you. Now be there for him.

With that, she unleashed a force push which rocketed out of the lift, slamming into the bottom of the shaft with enough force to begin sending the lift itself forward toward the bridge at a fairly high speed. But time was of the essence.

“Y-you’ll just have to jump off when I say, before this hits the other end!” Tesz shouted to Bravebird over the noise of scraping metal. “And I can grab Wannabe!”
(@TheCobaltCorsair @Ghid )

Grime would illuminating a pile of overturned monitors and other scrap, with a single hand protruding from beneath. It would require some heavy lifting to get to it, but with two, it should be doable.

A loud crash, followed by a creeeak echoed from outside. If the two clones were paying close attention to the windows, they might have been able to spot the origin of the sound - a flaming vulture droid careening into the remains of the Venator. If the noise was any indication, the ship was still far from stable.
(@DuneToa @MakutaOisli )

3 Likes

I hate the force I hate the force I hate the force I hate the force

Now Wannabe had completely changed his opinion. Tying a knot around his body and dragging him forcibly up the wall was a much better option than using the force, and so was the option of just cutting a hole in the other side of the elevator and walking the rest of the distance.

Of course, right now he was somewhat preoccupied with scraping himself up off the new floor of the elevator, having been completely blindsided by the usage of the force. “Master Nel’Sha-” He began, interrupted by a slight bump in the journey which tipped him about and soured his mood enough to make him relinquish his objections.

He looked to the former ceiling of the elevator and tried to calculate the approximate distance of arrival, but his attitude lowered his incentive to do so enough to make him abandon the venture.

3 Likes

Ignoring the noise, Scalpel bent over and grabbed a monitor. He then threw it over a control bank which was flashing various lights, which he had no interest in looking at. It fell with a crash, breaking one of the wrecked computers and sending plastic and glass skidding into the wall beside it.
“That’s kind of fun,” he commented.
He then began working on pulling another piece of equipment off of the pile, using some wires that were still connected to it, though not to the power source, which was back where the computer used to be attached.

1 Like

As he removed the rubble, the dark brown of a cloak would begin to be revealed beneath the detritus.

2 Likes

“Controlled or uncontrolled explosions, sir.”

2 Likes

Buoy grasps it in return for a brief moment and gives a quick, “Likewise,” before their captain spoke again.

“Airborne combat, high-altitude drops, and droid torture, sir.” Buoy answers promptly.

3 Likes

Im trained with reconnaissance, carbines and launchers, though Im best on a walker. Speaking of which, Im going to head back and see about cannibalizing some to get one working since I kept a repair kit as well as survival gear on mine.

1 Like

Bravebird was startled by the Commander’s decision to propel the turbolift car with the Force. He fully expected to travel up the turbolift shaft on foot, but clearly that option is thoroughly off the table.

“Uh, yes, Commander,” he said, still processing the Zebrak’s decision. Bravebird cleared his head and braced himself, preparing for the order to jump that was likely mere moments away.

3 Likes

Boomstick wouldn’t be able to see it under the captain’s helmet, but he was giving him a very sideways look.

“Well, it looks like you’ve already gotten your use outta that second one, soldier.”

Duke nodded along. “Go ahead and scavenge, but make it quick, and get out if it seems too unstable.”

Tesz braced herself. Almost…almost… “Now!” She shouted as she scooped Wannabe by the waist and jumped out of the elevator, using a burst of force push in a partially successful to slow their tumble out of the speeding lift.

A loud crash sounded behind her as the elevator slammed into the end of the shaft. Tesz Nel’Sha lay on her back a moment, eyes tightly shut. The adrenaline from the situation only did so much to numb the pain of the swift exit on top of the injuries from the initial crash.

You have to keep going. You have to keep going.

With a violent cough, Tesz rolled on to her side, pushing herself up with one arm, glancing over to make sure Bravebird and Wannabe were unharmed from the departure.

@MakutaOisli

Scalpel and Grime’s efforts would reveal the form of Jedi General Viego Norr. A shaky rise and fall of his chest could barely be seen, but there was no reaction from the man.

Another crash shook the bridge, as it sounded like something massive slammed into the doorway hall.

2 Likes

“I can check if the General has any injuries,” Scalpel said, “but it seems he is unconscious. It could be a self-induced coma, or he could have internal injuries.”
He paused, staring for a few seconds at the prone body of the Jedi.
A loud crashing noise shook him out of his reverie, as he spun towards the shattered doors, his blaster drawn.
“Grime! Someone’s smashed the elevator!”

Wannabe’s head scraped against the floor as he turned it to follow Tesz’s movements as she struggled upwards. “I hope you realize the amount of rest you will require once this is over is bordering on a solid eighteen hours…”

He drew his elbows behind him to push himself up slightly before hearing Scalpel’s muffled reaction from inside the room. He considered mentioning that perhaps he or Bravebird should enter first in case whoever was inside got trigger happy, but figured it wasn’t important enough a point to stress.

2 Likes

giving a quick nod in response, Legacy begins casually jogging down to the far end of the hangar where he passed the walkers earlier.

Upon arriving, he turns on his helmet lights and begins searching first for his walker specifically, along with the gear he kept stowed with it, then for any mostly intact walkers

1 Like

Unfortunately, most of the walkers seemed completely recked, and those that could be salvageable would probably take hours to do so. If it was worth anything, he could make out his own in a jumbled heap toward the back of the hanger.

2 Likes

“We jump.” Grime replied. He hoisted the Jedis body over his shoulder. “How far is the bridge from the ground?”

Scalpel gulped.
“About 60 feet, possibly more. I doubt we’d survive the fall unless we have some jump trooper equipment. And it won’t be good if we injure the General by dropping him from that height.”
He holstered his gun, and turned to the computers.
“Can you help me rip off some wires? We can make a rope with them!”

Bravebird jumped out of the turbolift at the command, and landed on his stomach. He groaned as he stood to his feet. Yep, everything hurts. “Next time, we’re just walking down the shaft…” he mumbled under his breath.

1 Like

Both out of caution and dissapointment, Legacy slowly works his way toward the back where his walker lay, placed his hand on the forward plating, and then continued about his buisness.
Securing the survival kit to his back, he pulled out the repair kit and went about trying to remove the power source and the comms/jamming assembly in hopes that it may yet be useful.

1 Like

“Too weak. Does he have his lightsaber on him?”

1 Like

“In the wrongest sense, yes sir,” Buoy responds. “Any other orders, or just wait around here for now?”

2 Likes

Tesz didn’t seem to hear this, probably due to the massive ringing in her ears from the crash. She was able to pick out muffled voices from the bridge, and rising to her feet, drew her lightsaber and rushed into the room…(@Ghid @TheCobaltCorsair)

This assessment was probably fairly accurate.

Grime would be able to see the device hanging from his belt.

The two’s conversation would be interrupted by the sudden appearance of a very worse for ware looking Commander Tesz Nel’Sha. She was panting as she held her lightsaber aloft, shooting an expectant glance between the two troopers. It was probably her job to start asking for ID, but at the moment she looked more like a animal caught in the speeder lights than a commanding officer.

“Legacy had the right idea, scavenge what you can-” Duke was interrupted as he stumbled to one knee, before trying to prop himself up again on a nearby piece of scrap metal.

The captain cursed under his breath as he finished his sentence. “Just don’t take long, and be wary of falling scrap.Getting some sort of portable shelter could be good…” The Captain trailed off as he scanned the area for any sort of material that could serve as makeshift tents of some sort.
(@ajtazt @GoodGuy2006 )

3 Likes