Star Wars: Stranded on Zoma V

Both out of caution and dissapointment, Legacy slowly works his way toward the back where his walker lay, placed his hand on the forward plating, and then continued about his buisness.
Securing the survival kit to his back, he pulled out the repair kit and went about trying to remove the power source and the comms/jamming assembly in hopes that it may yet be useful.

1 Like

“Too weak. Does he have his lightsaber on him?”

1 Like

“In the wrongest sense, yes sir,” Buoy responds. “Any other orders, or just wait around here for now?”

2 Likes

Tesz didn’t seem to hear this, probably due to the massive ringing in her ears from the crash. She was able to pick out muffled voices from the bridge, and rising to her feet, drew her lightsaber and rushed into the room…(@Ghid @TheCobaltCorsair)

This assessment was probably fairly accurate.

Grime would be able to see the device hanging from his belt.

The two’s conversation would be interrupted by the sudden appearance of a very worse for ware looking Commander Tesz Nel’Sha. She was panting as she held her lightsaber aloft, shooting an expectant glance between the two troopers. It was probably her job to start asking for ID, but at the moment she looked more like a animal caught in the speeder lights than a commanding officer.

“Legacy had the right idea, scavenge what you can-” Duke was interrupted as he stumbled to one knee, before trying to prop himself up again on a nearby piece of scrap metal.

The captain cursed under his breath as he finished his sentence. “Just don’t take long, and be wary of falling scrap.Getting some sort of portable shelter could be good…” The Captain trailed off as he scanned the area for any sort of material that could serve as makeshift tents of some sort.
(@ajtazt @GoodGuy2006 )

3 Likes

“Commander! What happened out there? We heard the elevator smash up just a few minutes ago,” Scalpel exclaimed, dropping the wire he’d been yanking out of a nearby control board. He turned to look as other clones could be seen down the hall to the elevator shaft. Due to the angle of the ship, it was a disorienting sight, with the elevator rising at a low angle, and the floor of the hallway forming a “wall” while the new “floor” was pockmarked with blast doors and durasteel braces. He suddenly wished that he could reach the ground below.

1 Like

Grime talked in an orderly way, despite the chaos around him, whilst setting the unconscious jedi slowly down.
“Ma’am. We’ve found the General.” He said. " Do we have any way off this wreck?"

1 Like

Behind Tesz Nel’Sha, and illuminated by the glow of the lightsaber, was the robed 2-1B medical droid Wannabe, blaster in hand. He made a disgusted noise upon seeing the Clones, and after the Commander did not provide a response to seeing the pair holding the Jedi master, he spoke up.

“You are to follow us to the main hangar, to rendezvous with the surviving units. Time is of the utmost importance, as the structural integrity of this entire vessel is compromised.” His joints tensed as he begrudgingly asked, “What condition is the General in?”

“The General is unconscious, and may have suffered multiple injuries ranging from concussion to internal hemorrhaging,” Scalpel replied. “It would be best to move him somewhere where he can remain and recover, as I can’t perform any additional tests until he’s awake.”

1 Like

“Which way to the main hangar?” Grime asked.

1 Like

And they’re carrying him like a wet rag.

Wannabe disappeared for a moment, and three metallic clangs were heard. For Tesz and Bravebird, they could see Wannabe smashing his head against the nearest wall three times before returning.

“We must find a safe way to lift the General without furthering any possible injuries sustained.” Wannabe replied, his voice trying and somewhat failing to not sound condescending. “Do you have any functioning machinery available?”

Wannabe felt offended at that question. There was only one way out of the room. He decided to pretend he didn’t hear it, focusing his glowing eyes on Scalpel whom he decided he would formally request lost his medical rank once this nonsense was over with.

4 Likes

When the Captain started speaking, he figured the orders were most likely being to be scavenge and makeshift defenses. They might be leaving soon but never could be too careful, perhaps the clankers would be here sooner than anticipated. Plus, he really wanted to resupply his cache of detonators.

Though when Duke went down, by pure instinct, Buoy lunged forward to help his brother. If his captain would accept it, Buoy would try to help him up as Duke continued his orders. Depending on how much pressure Duke asserts on Buoy while helping him up will determine if Buoy tries to make Duke at least sit down.

Buoy turns to Boomstick and says, “I’ll help the captain, see if you can find a few more explosives. Used the last of mine against the vultures.”

@GoodGuy2006

3 Likes

Bravebird elected to do the same.

He carefully stepped over the debris covering the floor that used to be a wall, scanning the area as he moved. “Could there be any other survivors up here?” the pilot asked, fearing he already knew the answer.

1 Like

After a short while working on the remains of his walker, Legacy had pulled out the power source, comms and jamming equipment from the belly and back of the walker and connected it to the power source to test its functionality. After doing so, he made a makeshift sled to drag them back, and decided to begin dismantling the forward cannon to add to his salvage.

1 Like

“That I can do.” From here, Boomstick promptly began to prowl the surrounding wreckage in search of anything he believed might explode; though, he understood he was only likely to find things intended as explosives. After all, crashed ships do tend to make things prone to exploding explode.

4 Likes

Tesz didn’t seem to notice the clones’s questions as her eyes locked onto the General’s body.

Deactivating her lightsaber, she ran to him, falling to her knees next to his body.

“I-Is he okay? He has to be okay.” Her voice cracked as she spoke, failing at fighting back tears. After a few moments, Tesz seemed to make an effort to pull herself together. “Y-yes. The hanger, we could-”

Her response was interrupted as a concerning snapping and bending reverberated throughout the bridge, and the entire structure began to bend off of the ship, and fall to the ground below, aiming to collide with the bridge beneath it. Grabbing hold of something stable and hoping for the best would probably be the group’s best chance at survival.

At first Duke would attempt to wave Buoy off dismissively, an action that would quickly prove futile as the Captain braced himself on the trooper in a panic to avoid collapsing.

“All right, fine, fine, I’ll take a- agh, I’ll take a seat.” He said, sliding his back down the side of the scrap. “It’s this leg, I think it twisted, or dislocated, or something in the crash.” Duke said with a shake of his head and a grimace.

He would find three thermal detonators among the more unfortunate clones, and a gallon sized can of fuel which miraculously didn’t explode in the initial crash.

2 Likes

“Well, you have fifteen minutes for it to heal before we head out sir,” Buoy says with a light tone. “I’ll try finding a bacta patch. Or maybe a surviving medic if really luck.”

Buoy inspects the nearby dead first in case any of them had medical supplies.

2 Likes

Those fools are going to get him even more injured.

“Secure him!” Wannabe barked, telling the algorithm in his brain which calculated whether or not he was insubordinately breaking the chain of command to shut up and take a calm balm for a minute. Protecting the Jedi was of the utmost priority.

He held out a hand towards Tesz Nel’Sha, but quickly realized he was a large piece of metal and sharp edges; holding him for protection was extremely inadvisable in a fall. Instead he holstered his blaster.

“Hold on to something.” He said to Tesz and Bravebird as his gripping arm forcefully grabbed and partially crushed a very small pipe, his eyes settling on Tesz once more. “Use the force.”

No, this does not constitute me ceding any ground to the force. We are still on irreconcilable terms. Maybe I can pretend it was a distraction measure to keep the Padawan from focusing on the possible demise? Yes, let’s go with that.

2 Likes

Scalpel rips a wire from the computer.
“Use this to stabilize him! Hurry! I can get more of these!”
He grabs at one of Grime’s knives, planning to use it to sever more wires.

Having finished his work, Legacy begins to drag his makeshift sled towards the front of the hangar, limping only slightly on his leg that was pinned during the crash.

OOC: Sorry for the long wait between posts, been busy lately.

IC:

He wouldn’t find anything beyond the usual fare on most of the clones, though the medic Graphite did have a standard first aid kit on him, which he probably wouldn’t be needing anymore.

Duke chuckled grimly to himself at the sight of Legacy’s limp. “Looks like I’m not the only one with a bad leg!” He called out toward the trooper.

“Anyone else got any injuries they got that they feel like sharing now as apposed to in the middle of the jungle?” He asked the group, only half joking.
(@ajtazt @GoodGuy2006 @wild_toa )

Tesz’s head swam as her world turned upside-down, as if in slow motion. The creaking seemed to define her, as the noise and panic tuned out the shouts behind her. She couldn’t help but stare at her master as gravity began to give way.

What, what do I…

The Force.

Tesz’s senses snapped to attention. In a single motion she grabbed hold the edge of one of the desks affixed to the floor, reaching out with her other hand toward the General and Scalpel, tapping into the force to pull them up toward her position and away from the fast approaching ground, squeezing her eyes shut as she waited for the impact.

It came moments later as the upper bridge crashed into the lower.

Tesz felt pain, but at this point she barely seemed to notice. At least she didn’t feel blood. Most of the others would probably have faired similarly. She felt the weight of Viego and Scalpel still in the grasp of the force. With a sense of dread, she opened her eyes.

The bridge was only suspended a couple yards above the ground now and seemed stable for the moment, but it would probably be best if they were to leave as fast as possible.

Tesz slowly lowered the Jedi and clone to the ground, before dropping herself, still clearly rattled from the sudden crash.
(@DuneToa @MakutaOisli @TheCobaltCorsair @Ghid )

2 Likes