Star Wars: Survival over Illum (RP topic)

Ygdras showed what he was fiddling with: his lightsaber. It had pieces incorporated into its design that looked like his absent knife. “What did it show you?” He asked.

1 Like

“Gaurds, Temple Gaurds.” Kaiden said. “They talked about failure, and the dark side. If you don’t mind me asking, what did you see?” He said, eager to change the subject.

Kay continued down the lassageway, the feeling growing stronger.
@EmperorDuckie

1 Like

“My…” Ygdras shuddered as he recalled what he experienced, “my family.”

The way he said family was a bit strange, it was full of fear but a twinge of acceptance as he actually said it.

1 Like

“Do you…wanna talk about it?” Kaiden asked tentatively. @BlackBeltGamer98

Ygdras recounted his experience in the caves; the voices, Maul, Savage, Talzin, Qui-gon and the construction of his lightsaber.

“I saw my dark side and the light it tried to hide from me and accepted both and choose to cleave to the light, even though I will wish to tread the path between, because it is what I feel is right.” He finished.

“What did the Dark Side appear as to you?” He asked.

1 Like

“I’m not sure. It was red, like an ongoing cycle on darkness, and fear, spinning forever…” Kaiden said as he rubbed his hands together, looking rather spaced out.

1 Like

Ygdras thought on this, “The Light and Dark are completed only by each other.” He said, “Do not fear failure, welcome it as it comes. Death is not the end, they become part of the Force and they never truely leave us but give us strength.”

“Darkness will always rise and the Light shall rise to meet it.” He added.

1 Like

Kaiden simply nodded at Ygdras’s words.

OOC: can’t write it right now sorry. Remind me tomorrow evening

1 Like

“May I see your lightsaber?” Ygdras asked curiously.

1 Like

“Oh, sure.” Kaiden said, a little relived that they were moving onto a topic a little less heavy. “Here.” He said as he handed him his light saber. “Careful, it’s double bladed.”

1 Like

Ygdras held it carefully, taking a few steps back before activating it and giving it a few experimental twirls. He stepped back so he wouldn’t risk hurting Kai.

After he spun it around he turned it off and closely examined it, giving an impressed expression before carefully handing it back to its owner.

“It suits you greatly.” He said, “Took inspiration from the Temple Guards’ pikes?” He asked.

1 Like

“Yeah. I’ve always preferred double bladed sabers.” Kaiden said in an uncharacteristically excited way. It was clear he was a bit of a nerd when it came to all things light sabers.

1 Like

Ygdras smiled at this, “they are pretty cool, I won’t deny that.” He said.

“But I’ve always found the naming of some types of lightsaber to be a bit odd.”

1 Like

Kaiden shrugged. “How so?”

“Well, the tool you train with that is most like what’s referred to as a double bladed lightsaber is called a training staff and the fighting techniques are, pretty much, one-to-one between them while historical ‘lightsaber staves’,” he said with air quotes, “seem to handle and look more akin to pole arms like war scythes, spears and so on with two thirds of the total active length being a solid physical piece and the blade making up the last third.” He said.

“I just find it an unusual naming choice; why not call the ‘staves’ something like a lightsaber scythe or spear and call the double blades ones staves because of how their combat behaves?” He asked.

1 Like

“Well, to me at least, calling a double bladed lightsaber a double bladed lightsaber makes sense, seeing as it has, well, two blades. And from my knowledge, lightsaber staves have one third handle, two thirds blade, and lightsaber pikes have two thirds handle, and one third blade. They make sense to me, but to each their own.”

1 Like

“Eh, ‘double-bladed’ is still a bit of a mouthful.” Ygdras chuckled. “And can also be used as a tongue twister.” He muttered under his breath in a humorous tone.

Kaiden chuckled as well, but the smile soon faded from his face as he remembered the dire situation they were in.