Star Wars: The Last Jedi

And then the rose/Finn thing was executed somewhat porely.
But the worst part of the movie in my opinion is admiral holdo

2 Likes

What?
@Ace Well, it looks like LegoDavid may have met someone more aggresive than he is. And pal, I think this thread is for unpopular opinions. The resistance was doomed any way you put it, Finn just chickened out instead of, oh I don’t know,sticking it out like the soldier he is?

I wouldn’t call myself aggressive.

You posted a rebuttal, I posted a counter rebuttal, tis’ how an argument works

Didn’t he desert after his first battle with the first order?

1 Like

He’s still a soldier. People have training. Obviously he’s a coward and now in hate Finn.
By the way, at the end of the movie he flips and decides to die for the resistance.

She annoyed me.

I didn’t like her.

1 Like

Self preservation over a cause he didn’t believe in, it’s a reasonable position

Oh really? that’s the point of his whole arc

Oh really? Coward>Goes to planet and learns the evils of capitalism>Hero? Thats nit how that works. Nobody did anything to make him believe in the resistance.

He’s not a coward, he has no attachment to the cause, and no reason to die for it.

He learns what the resistance is truly fighting for and the evils of capitalism

I was talking about constantly abandoning everyone. Which is what? No one ever shows him that, all rosendoes is whine about animal rights.

He left the first order and it’s okay? But not the resistance that he didn’t want to join in the first place? It’s not his war, he doesn’t want a part of it period.

and show him the corruption the resistance fights, slavery, runaway capitalism, etc

As if those things weren’t rampant throughout the galaxy already. Not to mention I haveent seen the resistance do anything other fight the first order.

it’s obvious this argument won’t go anywhere, so as such I bid thee adieu.

1 Like

I thought holdo was interesting, but definitely not great. Necessary tho

2 Likes

I’m going to post this, as it brings up a lot of good points for a favorable look on the last Jedi

6 Likes

@Ace

Does it half to?

I feel this is a glass half full vs empty scenario

Except it now has to undergo a regime change, which is typically never easy, it’s lost the supremacy and most of it’s fleet, and there’s other existing resistance cells if I recall correctly, that’s just leadership.

Except she’s an admiral that had the other high ranking staff knowing, she has no obligation to tell the lower ranking members in staff, especially one that just got demoted for being absolutely reckless, especially in public where he confronted her. With the first order tracking them with unkown means the potential of a spy is high so there’s another reason to keep it secret.

He wasn’t a serious villian to begin with, his speech in force awakens was delivered over the top. Though the scene was a bit much.

It was, but as a hero, not an actual leader.

Really, Many? He had Rose & Fin and about seven lower ranked personnel out of over at least thousand.

Yes, because it shows that the weakness is a valid hindrance to the hero. What’s the point of character weaknesses if they never come into play in any meaningful way?

Maybe, but he was at least competent in TFA

I’m saying that was a missed opportunity for the intended character growth.

The majority of the people in the hanger bay, and presumably more in a group that is, at most, a thousand.

In a movie where everyone fails it’d probably be unnecessary

Was he? All he did was talk we never saw any competency

Go rewatch the scene, he didn’t have the majority in the hangar bay

I’m sorry, but I don’t think most people would place blind trust into a person who they hardly know, and won’t tell them what’s going on. ‘I’m better than you so do what I say’ has never been a popular stance

Everyone, but her, fails.

The Majority was apathetic.

If a captain in the Navy started demanding answers from an admiral in full veiw of the bridge crew, because I doubt it’d be much different then Holdo’s response to Poe

I know, however the movie is not about failure itself, it’s about how failure is the best teacher, and she holds to this message, learning from both Luke’s and Kylo’s failures

The majority was busy fulfilling Holdo’s plan