Star Wars Topic

No religious discussion

2 Likes

ā€¦What about it?

Palpatine keeping the guise up isnā€™t connected to Kashykk. At least, it could be easily disconnected. War continues as war, and the remaining Seperatist Army, now without its powerful leader Grievous, is advancing on important systems in an attempt to still cripple the Republic. Yoda still goes to Kashykk to defend it, Anakin stlll acts like a five year old, Palpy is still suspiciousā€¦ But thereā€™s no more fish opera, and nothing is lost except maybe an extra minute of run time.[quote=ā€œHewksDKowlihad, post:625, topic:651, full:trueā€]
why is anakin space jesus
[/quote]

What

1 Like

I was making a reference lol.

That moment when you try to prove the Prequels are horrible but you donā€™t know enough to prove the Prequels exist

;~;

3 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/starwars/status/916981505607340037?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Iā€™m excited. I may postpone watching this trailer just so I can go in more blind to the movie, but the temptation will be there regardless.

3 Likes

Iā€™m gonna watch it. Iā€™ve been hungry for a new trailer for months.

1 Like

Honestly, at this point I was hoping that they werenā€™t going to have another trailer. The less we see, the less people can let their expectations get out of hand, and less a chance we accidentally get spoiled on something (although LucasFilm does a pretty good job with that).

I actually do not want another trailer. Iā€™m content on waiting until opening night to see everything else in the film, because, again for some reason, none of this excites me. Maybe this trailer will change that (even if I donā€™t want it Iā€™m still going to watch it).

At least the whiners in the comment section on EVERY official Star Wars videos will finally shut up.

1 Like

After this trailer Iā€™m going dark on the film.

1 Like

same

excited for the trailer

gonna buy tickets for my family and friends as soon as i can

3 Likes

My strat is buy tix first, watch trailer second. Seeing as how TFA shut down fandango for half the day, I donā€™t know if waiting even a couple of minutes is going to work out.

2 Likes

I live in a fairly small town, so I think getting tickets here will be easier to get tickets here then say L.A.

SPOILER!!! If anyone is wary of either red herrings or possibly an actual spoiler, donā€™t watch like the last 20 seconds of the trailer.

4 Likes

Ugh.

It feels like theyā€™re trying to redeem Kylo Ren.

DO NOT WANT.

2 Likes

is it me or does Kyloā€™s scar seem to change at the end? That could be a dream sequence.

I liked the trailer. I have some doubts though that worry me, mainly with Rey and Kylo switching sides. Iā€™m excited nonetheless, but have some worries.

Is fin the new tr-8r?

A lot of red herrings in this one, methinksā€¦

I donā€™t think this trailer was actually that spoiler-y. Sure, it gave us insights into potential outcomes, but none of them are set in stone. The scenes with Rey/Kylo/Snoke could all be misleading, could all be visions, could all be anything, really.

I think a redemption plot for Kylo is interesting only because of the reaction it would elicit from the fans. For a studio that wants to surprise its audiences, redeeming a hated character is a solidly gutsy move. While it might not actually fit Kyloā€™s arc (which would be my only objection to it), they have been hinting at it for a while.

I also doubt that Kylo will kill Leia. His facial expression was significantly more torn than when he killed Han, and the fact that they cut the scene at the key moment strikes me as a big red herring to make us think that heā€™ll kill her.

Otherwise, it was a pretty standard trailer. Finn v. Phasma is an exciting prospect, and the cinematography was stellar, as with the last trailer. I think this might be a very pretty Star Wars movie to look at.

2 Likes

The Force Awakens- Death Star but bigger
The Last Jedi- AT-AT but bigger
Episode 9- Dewback but bigger?

:thinking:

4 Likes

Rancor but bigger, dude.

3 Likes

no, no, no.

Epic Lightsaber battleā€¦ BUT BIGGER.