Strangling Widow (2019 Bio-Cup entry)

Alright, onto attempt two! This is my new entry into the Bio-Cup preliminaries as my last one was disqualified for being digital.

Lost in the woods, tired from long adventuring, and desperate for a drink. Here many lose their wits, rushing mouth first when they were the sounds of bubbling springs. A mistake that ends up being their last. Choked and hung by the deceptive forest.

The accursed planted tree-like creatures known as Strangling Widows are a dangerous one. They attract travelers to them usually by sobbing greatly, only for their corded branches to wrap around their throats when they come to investigate. Other times they echo the sound of nearby rivers to bring the weary near by, only to suffer similar fates.

General Look Around:

Tree Canopy:

Extra pics:

23 Likes

What is this, it makes me feel uneasy

2 Likes

Ay, it’s got a little tire swing!

2 Likes

That tire used to be a person lol.

3 Likes

It’s better this way

It’s obvious that you put a lot of work into this MOC, and I highly appreciate that, but overall, it looks like just a mess of parts. I can’t even tell what it’s supposed to be…

If it makes you uneasy, then I say mission accomplished! :stuck_out_tongue:

All the more to attract the next victim with.

Ssshhhh!!! That’s a secret! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, you aren’t the only one. It’s a tree, the white portion is the body, with the grey mass being the canopy of branches. The tire swing is supposed to help make it more obvious.

That and the name. It’s like a Weeping Willow that chokes people to death, so instead it’s a Strangling Widow. A bad rhyme, but oh well.

Though yes, I do fully understand that issue. The thing is, trees are a bit chaotic in their branches and so is this MOC. As a result, it looks like a mess. If I had leaves, perhaps it would look better, but this was the best I could do in such a short amount of time.

1 Like

Well… It all makes sense now.

Giant spooky ghost tree! I love it!

1 Like