Stud.io not updating and can't log in

Every time I try to log in to Bricklink on Stud.io, it says the site is down for maintenance. I’ve also noticed that Stud.io gets a monthly update, usually with between 40 to 80 new parts in each. I haven’t gotten any indication of a single update though, whether it’s getting a notification when I open up Stud.io or the new parts list changing.
Is there any solution to this? What could be the problem?

Could you be more specific about some things?

1. What version of Stud.io are you currently on?

2. Can you log into your Bricklink account like normal on the Bricklink website?

Yeah the site goes down for daily maintenance, perhaps check again later?
Normally I get notification of a update when I open Studio, if you are not getting a notification when you boot it up perhaps it is a setting on your computer blocking updates.

Looked at the properties and the date created (November 5, 2020) is the same as the date modified. So pretty much hasn’t been updated since I installed it.

Every time I open Stud.io, it says Bricklink is down for maintenance, even when I’m on the website and I can use it just fine.

Have you tried restarting your PC?
Idk if that would help. But it should be worth a try.

I’m fairly certain I’ve restarted my computer a few times since I installed Bricklink. Also, I shut down my computer every night.

Hm ok.
Have you ever been in and/or have modified the files in some way?

I’ve downloaded custom parts packs but that’s pretty much it.

Hm. Ok. Idk what to do then. Sorry.

Based on this, it sounds like you may have a version of Stud.io which no longer supports log-in, based on the info provided in this blog post. However just to be sure, go to the help tab and then click on ‘About Studio’ which should tell you which version you are currently on. Mine says that it is version 2.2.7. If your version is less than 2.2.4 (the update mentioned in the above blog post), then downloading the current version of Stud.io should hopefully fix the issue. If it doesn’t, then I’m not sure what the solution to your problem is

2 Likes

If I were to back up my files on an email, uninstall Stud.io, install the latest version and download my files from the email, would I have to download the part packs again?

Most likely, yes

Just uninstalled and reinstalled both programs and it worked! Just hoping they’ll give update notifications now.

3 Likes