Stuubh's Canon Contest WIPs

I’ve always liked the way staffs made of Mata necks look.

4 Likes

Here’s the Yesterday people with their newly canonized weapns.

Orde’s mace is blunt like him, but small. It’s size reflects his cockiness and the overconfidence the Great Beings had in him when designing him. It also reminds me of Mjolnir. Orde has telekinesis, so he could theoretically use it as both a melee and ranged weapon. Something that might be more difficult with a larger mace.

Chiara with her spear is below. I honestly didn’t put too much thought into it. It’s white.

And Zaria’s stretch of a staff…

I’ll probably change it later

7 Likes

Chiara’s spear looks pretty good.

1 Like

mjolnir - Copy

The resemblance to Mjolnir is uncanny.

8 Likes

Hey that’s actually a good idea.

1 Like

I’m starting to be more open to the idea of a Sanok for Orde. Since my original idea of him relying solely on his OP Mask of Conjuring is kinda invalidated, I’m starting to think it may make more sense for him to wield a different Kanohi. Perhaps my concept of Orde using a Mjolnir-like mace that I said first, screw you Ghid. would make more sense with a Sanok…

I’m also afraid I’ll eventually be hurt in the polls since everyone seems to want a Sanok on Orde

All thoughts for now though.

8 Likes

Yes. That is a good staff design.

2 Likes

That staff looks cool. and don’t worry about your Orde losing votes because of a mask, i’m sure everything will turn out just fine.

3 Likes

Last update for a while. Probably.

Here’s a quick photo of the Yesterday crew now that everyone’s all painted and assembled (minus a couple small technic parts and Chiara’s spear tip).

Also sorta unrelated but I’m also working on recreating some of the previous contest winners. The Hagah are a lot of fun, and the six split has really grown on me.

8 Likes

yes very nice.

1 Like

Honestly props to you for figuring out how to use the Vahki shoulder piece like that on Tuyet :clap:

1 Like

These look really cool. I like Zaria’s body shaping.

I’ll admit that I wasn’t a fan of your Orde design when you first posted it, but it’s really growing on me. The colours look really cool, and the “spines” coming out of his back stand out in a nice way. I’m even starting to get used to the mask.

One change I would recommend would be to extend the handle of Orde’s mace, or at least adjust how/where he holds it. Right now, it just looks like he’s barely holding on to the very end of it.

1 Like

I’m still having difficulty not seeing Orde as wearing jorts

3 Likes

Orde, Chiara, and Zaria look cool standing together. I like how it looks like they’re all kinda from different eras.

One thing I would say though, is I’m not a fan of Orde’s ankles. I get that you’re going for a specific look with him, but the ankles being attached that was and preventing the feet from articulating sideways seems like it’ll really limit posing.

3 Likes

Hahahahahaha

-sigh-

Well I guess this might be the FINAL update. Due to the tragic layoff of our beloved Greg Farshtey, the Bionicle Canon Contests are officially over.

Without the concept of competition, I’m not super motivated to improve these MOCs much more. They’re more or less good enough for me, they no longer need to be perfect for the polls.

I do want to share some final updates and renders.

This is my newest iteration of Varian, wearing a custom Calix commissioned by me and modeled by the talented @Rothanak. It was completed yesterday. What unfortunate timing. It looks great on her though, as it is essentially the canon Calix refitted to a Metru head.

Actually nothing has changed with Nidhiki, I just got early access to a Volitak model so I can finally make accurate renders!

He’s also finally out of that dumb pose I had him in for the longest time.

On the topic of Volitaks, here’s my girl Chiara with a canon Volitak. I still massively prefer the KhingK model on her, but I was curious how this one would look.

Lastly, ■■■■ it. Here’s my WIP Tuyet instructions. I was gonna use this instead of breakdown images, but since her contest isn’t happening, I have no reason to finish editing them, and I have no reason not to share her build. Not that it’s a very complex build anyway.

Toa Tuyet by Stuubh - Instructions

If you were ever curious how she came together, now you know! Apologies about the messiness, again, these instructions were a WIP.

So I guess that’s it! I had no idea these contests were going on until 2/3s of them were over, but that last third was a wild ride. These contests brought me back into the Bionicle community, and man, it’s good to be back. For the most part. The creativity of this community never ceases to amaze me. Seriously. Y’all had me s***ing bricks with the competition I was against.

While I’m clearly not happy about the contests being concluded, there is a silver lining. As MOCists, we’re all free! No more restrictions, no more deadlines, no more competition. No more dreadful prolonged debates about Metru builds or mask variants. And every MOC is now equally canon. Unless your Tuyet’s sword barbs point upwards.

I really did have a fun time the past few months, despite all the nonsense. And I can’t overstate how appreciative I am of all the positive feedback here. While it does suck to see the contests go, clearly there are worse things that can happen.

11 Likes

Very well said sir. Also your mocs are pretty good.

this is very true

1 Like

Did TTV confirm it?

1 Like

They did in the latest Nak n Jay.
Meso also said something in a Discord server.

1 Like

I didn’t realize you were Stuubh. Makes sense now, I thought I had seen your Mocs somewhere.

4 Likes

I’m not sure why but I love your tuyet I might try making it. Nowi just need that mask

1 Like