Suggestion: How about a "community spotlight" like every month on the ttv channel?

I feel like there are plenty of other works like community projects, artwork, and videos that deserve some spotlight within the Bionicle community. A spotlight by TTV, probably the biggest Bionicle community channel, doing this would really expand their brand and also keep the community alive and at a peak.

I’m not sure if this topic belongs here but I really didn’t know where to put it.

15 Likes

So like a catchup/news center about the hip and new things on the boards, with one or two of the cast as reporters?

5 Likes

This seems cool.

1 Like

Like a monthly recap? Sounds pretty cool.

1 Like

I’d watch that.

2 Likes

It wouldn’t happen because Var hates the community

/s?

13 Likes

If we have message board news… that wouldn’t be half bad.

6 Likes

Sounds like a good idea, but it would depend on which member would make it.

1 Like

I was actually thinking of making a TTV News thing
It would have been like a Newspaper

1 Like

I don’t know if they could squeeze that in. TTV has a lot on their plate right now: The Message Boards, attending events, The podcast, TTV talks, Don’t Fight, Bionicle Autopsy, Ven’s MOC spotlight, Top 10’s, Recent Reviews, Recap Reviews, Product showcase, TTV Talks Bookclub, The podcast after shows, one-off let’s plays, The history of Bionicle (which hasn’t come out yet)…

It really depends on how you think they should do this. Plus don’t we have the topic higlights on the message boards front page? It’s not exactly what you propose, but it fufills a similar roll.

5 Likes

I wish D’:

1 Like

Yea, what the heck? I’m on bord

I love the idea but CTK said it perfectly, they are way too busy right now to do this

1 Like

^ this

Obviously I’m not a representative of the Podcast, nor do I claim to be, but I do know that TTV is extraordinarily busy. You have to understand that the majority of main cast members are full-time college students, whom also have jobs, and whom also run a full-time YouTube channel.

Making a new show highlighting the community, while being extremely cool, would take an immense amount of effort. They’d have to pick out notable topics (which on a monthly basis could be incredibly difficult), presumably discuss these topics, edit said discussions, and so on.

4 Likes

Maybe I could Do something like this every week or two
Or somebody can

1 Like

You know, us Moderators could always do this kind of thing.

6 Likes

I actually think that would be a better idea.

Modcast Hype

2 Likes

I may not be a moderator, but this sounds cool and interesting. I’m not saying “DO IT! JUST DO IT!” But I would be lying if I said I wasn’t interested in this idea.

Community spotlights could work, highlighting some of the best parts of the community - though i feel there are so many different good things appearing on the boards that it’d be difficult for anyone to really show them off without some members missing out.

For example, I’d guess we have about 100 art topics a month that get a massive amount of likes, comments and views - with tons of discussion. It’d be difficult for someone to report on that, let alone many of the other aspects of the community.

2 Likes