Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Topic

Everyone on Twitter is talking about the moment Sonic got Infinity War’d trying to save Pikachu, and here I am as a Sonic fan not surprised because that’s 100% something Sonic would do. :laughing:

[spoiler] The game looks amazing. I love the idea of Piranha Plant, it’s hilarious, and he’s free, so it’s harmless.

I just want to know who the DLC fighters are gonna be, and most especially if there’s going to be anymore fully-voiced cutscenes for Spirit Mode! [/spoiler]

2 Likes

I need Primids to come back

Here I am waiting for Captain Toad, but was pleasantly surprised by a character almost as great.

So wait. We got friggen PIRANHA PLANT before Waluigi? I swear at this point they’re just doing this out of spite.

2 Likes

I’m a little mad that we got Wait, are character reveals spoilers? instead of pretty much anyone else, but I can’t be mad at the character itself. It’s just goofy and fun. Hopefully I’ll be able to get my hands on it.

1 Like

We still have DLC though. While Golden Boi isn’t in, maybe his son or his emo brother-in-law still have a chance.

1 Like

Just watched the “World of Light” trailer, and I have three main points in my initial reaction. (Not gonna do spoiler tags because I think its been long enough for everyone to have seen it. Besides, you can just look it up on YouTube)

1. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDS!!!

2. Oh man I always hate watching this part of Infinity War.

3. Oh wow that’s everyone.

4. Wait whoa that’s a bit excessive.

5. Okay hold on a minute!

6. OKAY HOLD ON A MINUTE!

7. Kirby you precious boy you need to save literally the entire universe. Though come to think of it its not like you haven’t done anything like that before… you know what, never mind. You got his.

All in all this was absolutely insane. The only way this really could have been better is if it was also Waluigi’s reveal trailer, and it turned out that he needed to save quite literally the whole of existence instead of Kirby.

3 Likes

Piranha plant is gonna be my new main.

3 Likes

Could’ve put a character that people actually wanted like Geno, Isaac, Banjo, etc.
Puts in Pokemon that’ll be forgotten in 5 years tops, Blonde Ryu and Little shop of Horrors Rip-off in…

1 Like

[details=This is only kind of related to Smash, but I had an idea for a comic I wish someone with actual artistic skill would make about one of the deconfirmed characters that can’t get in as DLC.]Isaac walks into room, holding a letter upside down, looking dejected. The letter is sealed with the Smash logo.

Jenna sees the letter and gasps. Then she runs up to Isaac, yelling his name.

She goes to hug him. She says “You made it!”

Zoom in to their torsos, to where you can see a bit of the bottom of their faces, along with the letter. Jenna says “I’m so happy for you!”

Zoom in of the letter, as the flap fell open. The visible part of the letter says something about being an assist trophy, but at least the word ‘assist’ is clearly shown. Isaac says “Jenna, I…”

Another panel just like the last, except the text Isaac says is instead just “…”

Zoom back out as Isaac hugs Jenna back, dropping the letter. “Thank you. Wish me luck.” Is what Isaac then says, tearing up.

I know this is only tangentially related to smash, but I thought this was where I’d put it and hope someone talented in drawing people sees it and makes this comic[/details]

Anyways, I’ve made my peace with Isaac’s spot, and foolishly hope Felix or Matthew make it as DLC. Other than that, I see Wooden Doll and Bear&Birb being other DLC, with maybe Ammy as well? One can only hope, I guess.

Also that theme with lyrics is really nice.

2 Likes

I don’t know what hurt me worse: To see my favorite and second favorite character go-

Or the fact that Bowser Jr. wasn’t even in the trailer.

Once again, everyone is dead besides Kirby, and this time it’s because of hyperspace rather than a golden button.

Anyways, I really hope they keep with the Subspace Emissary style, with the traveling across landscape while fighting unique villains. The tank guy is back, so maybe other bosses will return.

at least he was in the Incineroar trailer

anyway, don’t really care for Ken or Incineroar (but I’ll try em out at least), Piranha plant looks fun and I’d play him as a side character at least, also Spirits/World of Light is absolutely fantastic. Sakurai didn’t want to do another mode like Subspace because the story-driven aspect was leaked online, so he designs a scenario that’s more gameplay-driven with the potential for some very unique matchups.

Also. Thousands of Master Hands controlled by what seems to be a seraph.

2 Likes

Okay so

A story mode to justify the garbage new mode which essentially eliminated trophies

The final boss is a pile of wings

And Kirby is the only one who could have logically survived that anyway

Pirahna Plant is the new Smash meta

My hype just died the same way Captain Falcon did.

I’m finding it now: I need to see this

Anyone else got Mnog Makuta vibes from the Adventure mode trailer? the antagonist guy to specify

Btw the lyrics to the smash theme is amazing.

Anyhow I must say I’m not a big fan of the spirits thing tho. As for the Adventure mode it’s decent nothin like subspace but ehh.

The app thing was okay. The characters revealed was okay loved the addition of piranah plant but would have preferred Decidueye over Incineroar.

Dlc is always nice. The other new features that got revealed was cool too I guess.

1 Like

I also heard that at the end of the last direct, Sakurai said something along the lines of, “Alright, now never ask me for anything ever again”, which I think is hilarious seeing as I’m pretty sure this was said after he showed literally everyone in the whole universe (save for Kirby) die.

But at the same time I can’t find the footage of that, so I could be wrong.

2 Likes

It’s a popular fan edit within the community but I find it funny too

2 Likes

That is exactly what I thought, actually.

1 Like

Shouldn’t exist imo

Brawl had lyrics, but they weren’t in English, so they were better imo.

Imo it should just be like any other OST. Instrumental Epic. While I’m sure it’ll primarily play the instrumental version, I could not stand the lyrical version

1 Like