Tahu and Jaller [Story][Characters]

I’ve been gone for a while and haven’t had a chance to keep up with the podcast, so I’m going to mark this off as a “story” rather than a “pitch” because I’m not sure if it still fits in “canon.”

However, I still think that I can make an entertaining argument on this subject. :relaxed:

Concerning characters, I find that often very memorable and likeable characters are the ones that are introduced as foils for other characters (such as Torchwick in RWBY or John Watson in Sherlock Holmes). It is also one of the quickest and simplest ways to introduce a character, making it perfect for our Matoran.

I heard one the Podcast that Tahu (and Kopaka) would have a military background, and as Mangai is a quite militarized region in all the pitches I have seen so far, this makes sense. I would also like to point out that pre-toa “Tahu’s” lack of elemental abilities would prove a serious disadvantage in a such a marshal society (more so than other Toa), and this could contribute to his faults.

Simply, I would introduce Jaller as the Captain of the Guard, giving “Tahu” (Narmoto) some one-on-one training, and exploiting his over aggressiveness to brutally and humiliatingly beat him.

Here is a WIP for this comic.

(I’ll post more when I’ve made it)

This sort of scene would give Tahu an opportunity to display his distinct personality, and build up Jaller, whom a Rahksi will have to beat to get the Nuva symbol, building them up as well.

(WIP Updated: 7/16/2017)

4 Likes