Tahu Cosplay WIP

Man I wish I had as much bravery as you. I just can’t imagine how painful it would be when someone asks what you are and you explain you’re a character from an obscure Lego line that was cancelled TWICE XD. But hey, in you’re own community you’re a boss. Seriously this looks great.

2 Likes

Looks REALLY good. (I’m gonna be a jerk here and complain XP) I will say though, the torso looks a bit elongated. This could probably be fixed by moving the lower portion of the armor up and making the thigh portion rest a bit higher. Otherwise, 10/10 stuff!

@ThatchMac Thanks! Nobody really questioned me about it, surprisingly. They may have simply thought that they had never heard of it before.
Thanks for the comment!
@Toa_Ketros I think you might be right. The legs are awkward how they are set up currently. The thigh armor and waist armor are likely a bit low. I will try to fix that before the final update. Good eye, and thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

That looks amazing mate You have done an amazing job putting it all together. How much it cost you to make it all. A few things I would like to ask if you have considered.

1. Have you considered using eva foam / yoga mats to make the armor? It would be a bit more flexible, sturdy and comfortable than cardboard.
  2. You could make a more accurate sword if you use wood? The fire sword already is layered so if you trace the pattern out on 1.5cm plywood, you could make something that looks just like the toy.
  3. Any plans to add lights to the costume? Would love to see a working heartlight/glowing eyes.
2 Likes

This shows dedication.

@ Cyber Hand. Thanks! There actually wasn’t much cost to me at all because it’s made mostly out of free or recycled materials. Overall it cost around $30 to make.

1. I was actually going to make a different bionicle based cosplay using foam mat, but my budget would not allow it. That will likely be what my next cosplay is made of.

2. I made this sword out of foam literally one or two days before Halloween. It was a rush build. I also wanted it to be lightweight. Thanks for the idea, but I don’t know if I will make it out of wood anytime soon. If anything it will be out of cardboard again. I made a key blade for my brother using a similar technique as you mentioned. It takes a ton of work getting everything sanded smooth and looking good. Here it is if you want to see that.
    Kingdom Hearts Keyblade Prop | This is my brother holding th… | Flickr

3. I was thinking about adding glowing eyes to the costume. A heartlight wouldn’t be too difficult either.

Thanks a ton for the comment!

@Leoxandar Thanks! It did take some time.

1 Like

it is fantastic, i cant wait to see when the hau is done.

This is pretty high-quality, but a piece of art could always be better.

I like the general idea, and the arms, mask, and legs look great, but the torso looks a little bit distorted. I would check your proportions.

1 Like

@Toby_Echozap Thanks!

@Azani Agreed. Thank you for the comment. I’m working on fixing the proportions.

2 Likes

is this a foam build?
also, as a cosplayer (true that I’m just a novice) the legs look great, but if you made the chest a bit bigger I feel like it could help.

@trev44 It’s mostly cardboard with some foam details. Some bulk would help. I’ll see what can be done. Maybe some magnet- added armor would be cool.

2 Likes

Hey, that’s pretty go-
notices Miru
I take that back.
The Miru is a dumb mask.

@PotatoAlien I’m working on it. Still a lot of work to put into it to make it as close to the original mask as possible.

9 Likes

Holy Muaka…

That’s freaking awesome.

Teridax would love to have this, I want this too

Looks amazing!

@PotatoAlien @LTVmocs @decepticonaiden I’m thinking of experimenting with vacuum forming to make thin plastic copies of this once it’s done and selling them. They won’t be as hefty, but they would be comparable to a plastic costume mask.

1 Like

That would be pretty cool!

The beginning of art.

I would buy one of those… :joy: