Takyva - To-Kuta of Vibration

Takyva - To-Kuta of Vibration

Back when I had my original YouTube channel in 2008, this guy was the first MoC to ever be featured on that channel. Back then, he was just a generic silver and black Toa with an Inika build and not much else. But over time, he’s gone through countless iterations until finally assuming this form, which I built sometime in early 2015. He’s a main character in my storyline (which you guys can read about here: My Bionicle Storyline). If you guys follow me on Instagram, you’ll know that I am working on a revamp of this guy right now, and this new form ties into the third arc of my storyline!

Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozaQ2_T8bpc

Biography:

Takyva is one of the 100 To-Kuta created in a Great Beings laboratory in Bota Magna to aid The Shadowed One in his conquest of Spherus Magna. Unlike the other To-Kuta, whom Eyrik(the first To-Kuta) and The Shadowed One collaborated on, Takyva and his younger twin brother Takyvron were personal projects of Eyrik. Eyrik wanted to experiment with an element unused by the Great Beings during the conception of the Toa: vibration. In the early years of his creation, he, along with all the other To-Kuta were trained and disciplined by The Shadowed One. During this time, the To-Kuta developed a complacent nature towards anybody deemed stronger than them, as The Shadowed One was strict, and punished everyone that stepped out of line.

During this time, the To-Kuta encountered the Marendar, who had found them by tracking their usage of elemental powers. Ultimately, 27 To-Kuta were slain fighting against the Marendar, however it would be Takyva’s twin brother Takyvron who finally defeats the robot. The robot’s body would then be reverse engineered to create Lancaster, To-Kuta of Magnetism, whom Takyva would form a strong friendship with in the following years.

As their training continued, the To-Kuta realized their combined strength surpassed The Shadowed One’s. Deciding not to play second fiddle any more, the To-Kuta combined their powers, vanquishing The Shadowed One and allowing Eyrik to seize control of the To-Kuta.

Following the defeat of the The Shadowed One, the To-Kuta began planning for their own conquest of Spherus Magna. The conquest would be three-pronged: 20 To-Kuta would travel to the crash site of the Great Spirit robot to defeat the Toa still evacuating , 20 To-Kuta would travel to New Atero, and the rest would travel further into Bota Magna. The isolated Skakdi and Vortixx populations would be left alone. A tournament was held to determine the three strongest To-Kuta to lead these expeditions. Eyrik, proving to be the strongest, would remain in Bota Magna where the largest threats lie. Takyva’s twin brother Takyvron would achieve second strongest, a position he was very proud of. He would lead an expedition to New Atero, where the To-Kuta theorized would have the largest Toa resistance. And Shadios, another To-Kuta, being third strongest, would lead the To-Kuta to the crash site.

Over the next 500 years, a war would rage on on Spherus Magna, with lives being lost on both sides. During this time, Takyva realized victory would mean inheriting a planet they scarred beyond repair. Deciding to no longer take part in this meaningless violence, Takyva defected, going off on his own.

While roaming the deserts, Takyva met a Glatorian, who coerced him to unite the remaining Toa against the To-Kuta. Takyva and the Glatorian began travelling together, using the elemental energy tracker Takyva salvaged from the Marendar to find other Toa. Takyva would then come to find two Toa, Hedrucs, Toa of Thunder, and Kyzor, Toa of Magnetism, both of whom Takyva previously encountered, defeated in combat, and spared. Takyva pitches the idea of uniting to them and they agree. The Toa bring Takyva and the Glatorian to an underground base they discovered. Hedrucs suggests the base was built during the early days of the To-Kuta war, noting the barracks and war room being present. Hedrucs also mentions that there is a second level deeper underground, which neither he nor Kyzor have managed to open.

While searching for other Toa, Takyva would come across Reishie, Toa of Jungle, in combat with Brymstin, another To-Kuta from Takyva’s group. Takyva comes to the aid of the Toa but it turns out the battle was a trap. Rokhyd, another To-Kuta, ambushes Takyva and steals the elemental locator from him. Rokhyd and Brymstin retreat. Takyva recruits Reishie.

While back at the base, the To-Kuta, using the elemental locator, ambush the Toa and Takyva, soon overpowering them. However just as they are about to win, a mysterious force teleports the To-Kuta away, saving the Toa’s lives. In the aftermath of this, the Toa discover that the door to the second sublevel had been unlocked.

While exploring the sublevel, the Toa discover that it was in fact, an armoury, that had suspiciously been stocked with weapons custom tailored to each of the Toa, except for Reishie. Takyva, while looking around, discovers the Kanohi Ignika, and Mata Nui’s sword, mounted on the wall. In that instant, Takyva’s consciousness is teleported to a dreamscape, where he meets the spirit of Mata Nui. Mata Nui tells the To-Kuta that he approves of Takyva’s quest to protect Spherus Magna from the To-Kuta. He encourages Takyva to continue on this new path of goodness he’s started down and protect Spherus Magna from any threats that may come. He then urges him to don the Mask of Life and give the sword to Reishie.

Currently, the Toa prepare for their final battle against the To-Kuta of the region.

Mask and Tools
Initially, Takyva wore a powerless replica of the Kanohi Avohkii, given to him by Eyrik. However, after discovering an underground Glatorian armoury, Takyva donned the Kanohi Ignika at the behest of Mata Nui. Takyva would continue to wear this mask until the end of his life.

Due to training by The Shadowed One, all To-Kuta have inherent knowledge on how to use any weapon they come across. However, all To-Kuta have their preferred weapon, and Takyva’s is a sword.
After discovering an underground Glatorian armoury, Takyva wields dual Liquid Metal Extruders, retiring but keeping his old sword. These sophisticated weapons house liquid metal in wrist-mounted cartridges. Upon activation, the liquid metal is ejected outward, becoming moulded into blades by electricomagnetic fields emitted by the cartridges and solidify. To retract the blades, the same electric fields turn the solid blades back into liquid metal, which is pulled back into the cartridges.

Abilities and Traits

Takyva is very quiet and timid in nature, a side effect of his upbringing. While his twin brother was held in the limelight, Takyva was always looked down upon as a disappointment. Takyva lacked the ruthlessness and thirst for violence that the other To-Kuta possessed, a trait he shared with his best friend Lancaster.

After defecting from the To-Kuta and forming a team of Toa, Takyva began to outgrow his timid nature. He became more confident in his capabilities and being forced into a leadership role made him learn charisma. Seeing the good he has done by protecting the planet, Takyva would begin to hold Spherus Magna and its population to the utmost importance, proving time and time again his resolve to give his life for their protection.

Being a hybrid of a Toa and a Makuta, Takyva, along with all To-Kuta have access to both Elemental, and Kraata powers. However, their access to these powers is limited. The amount of access depends mainly on the To-Kuta’s genetic makeup: Makuta-dominant To-Kuta have more access to their Kraata powers and less access to their Elemental powers. The reverse is true for Toa-dominant To-Kuta.

Being that Takyva is a Toa-dominant To-Kuta, Takyva has little access to his Kraata powers. Takyva wields the experimental element of Vibration. He has the ability to create, control, and absorb vibrational energies. His most common usage of this power is to vibrate his own body so that incoming physical attacks phase through him.

35 Likes

Moved to Lego Creations category - BioSquire

Nice wall.

Doesn’t bending the elbows get difficult with the way they’re connected?

1 Like

No, not really. The arm can bend almost 90° the way it is, and if anything I can just twist the upper arm a little. I connected it like that because I wanted to have him able to cross his arms, a feature I try to include on all of my better mocs

:clap: this is on its own godly level. although the toa of vibration? Seems kind of a lame power

2 Likes

The torso and legs are good, though the MOC falls apart once you come to the arms.

believe it or not it’s actually the most powerful element in my storyline. Like I mentioned he can vibrate so that incoming physical attacks phase through him. His twin brother has the ability to disintegrate things with touch by vibrating them until they fall apart. But even then that’s just scratching the surface. Later on in the storyline when Takyva gets revived by an evil Great Being he learns how to use his element to manipulate temperature by vibrating air molecules. With this, he can send blasts of heat at people. As well, he can also sense incoming attacks by feeling the air displacement the attack causes when it approaches him. But the biggest feat he can do probably, is fly using his elemental ability. He vibrates the air below him increasing the temperature and thus the pressure while also absorbing vibrational energy from the air above him to propel him upward (a dark hunter uses this ability in canon as well). And the reason why there were no Toa of Vibration in the MU is because the great beings deemed element way too powerful

@RogueToa Also you haven’t seen anything yet. Check out my instagram for my more recent mocs @daedalusthe7th

@DannyBoyy Yeah I have to admit, the upper arms aren’t too spectacular

Edited for Double Post - Mod Squad

1 Like

Maybe bulk them up, that should help.

1 Like

Nah I think I’m done working on this version of him for good. But I am working on a revamp of him that’s supposed to represent what he looks like after being revived by an evil great being. Check it out: Dat H. on Instagram: "Takyva - The Warrior Servant WIP (3) Finally came up with an arm design for the big man himself. The legs would be soon to follow, if i didn't have such massive mocblock right now 😂 #bionicle, #bionicleg1, #bionicleg2, #bioniclemoc, #bioniclecollection, #bionicle2017, #lego, #legomoc, #legocollection, #lego2017, #afol, #moc, #makuta, #ekimu, #matanui, #greatbeings, #toa, #makuta #biogram"

woah

that hand is cool

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

woah thats sick I take back what I said